Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Didn't think I was this much of a newbie on the 737NG...

...but guess I've never been in a more "real" FS 737NG before so maybe that could explain it wink.png Let me start by telling you I feel like a complete idiot considering how many virtual hours I have in 737NG's but for some reason I can't figure out I can't get the duct press to a level where it's possible to start the engines. I have the APU running, APU bleed air ON, fuel pumps ON, left and right packs OFF, isolation valve OPEN, engine bleed air ON but the duct press stays at approx 10 and if my memory serves me right you need approx about 30 for engine start. I have tried finding some kind of step-by-step guide in the provided doc on how to start up the engines from a cold & dark state but haven't found anything yet. Not sure if it's me being blind or maybe it's because the total doc is +3000 pages...! What am I missing here...?

Richard Åsberg

Have you tried following the FCOM1 Normal Procedures? You can find them at approximately page 77, going on to page 162. When following those starting with a long turn panel state I don't get any issues starting the engines..Regards

I finally gave up and decided to restart FSX and start all over and now the engines finally started normally, not sure if this was some strange one time only thing or if I indeed missed something the first time. However the duct press still doesn't go above approx 10, is this correct that you're able to start the engine with this kind of press? As I remember the duct press usually increases to approx 30 when switching the packs OFF before engine start. Thanks for the tip on where in the doc I can find more info on the engine startup procedure, will check it out!

Richard Åsberg

I noticed higher duct pressure with the packs on than when they were switched off. Engines start OK even though the duct pressure only indicates ~ 10.

Ok, then it's not only me. Is this how it is in the real a/c or is this a minor bug?

Richard Åsberg

Ha ! No no. Not a bug. Quite correct behaviour in fact. The real NG has a variable load APU for fuel economy. No packs, not a lot of psi from the APU for fuel economy. When you start the engines will go up to 40-ish and then drop. We modelled this.

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

Ha ! No no. Not a bug. Quite correct behaviour in fact. The real NG has a variable load APU for fuel economy. No packs, not a lot of psi from the APU for fuel economy. When you start the engines will go up to 40-ish and then drop. We modelled this.
The Doktor has spoken! im Not Worthy.gif Cheers,

Wow, thanks for the prompt reply and the explanation! I know someone said prior to the release that we will probably see people thinking they have found bugs which in fact is because they don't know how the real a/c works, I guess I just became one of them :wink:Thanks for this amazing piece of work!

Richard Åsberg