Sign in to follow this  
dazz

Throttle Quadrant 2D panel missing?

Am I missing something? can't seem to find it

no throttle 2d panel sorry

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

it does! only thing that sucks in the NGX. However I only use it to read my trim-setting so i just have to switch to the VC for that. No big deal.

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

Well, I would use it even to manipulate the fuel levers for engine start/shutdown. So for this I need to switch to VC each time. As you said - no big deal but just uncomfy and very uncommon ... Oskar

I was wondering the same. Hard to get the engines started, and shut down. PMDG must have for got it. JerryF

I would strongly suggest (I'm saying suggestion) to have a 2D throttle quadrant in the very near future.Adenilson

with the latest configurations in hardware i am disappointed with 2d panel state,however the virtual cockpit looks a lot better ,lack of throttle component is missed,and makes it difficult to start and shut of the enginesvivek anand

Love the plane. But i find the non inclusion of the 2d throttle panel ridiculous.Hope this isn't some way to try and force 2d users to use vcs. Not everyone likes them

Maybe someone from PMDG, when they have a minute, could explain why it's not included, and will it be available in an update? Seems to defy logic to have a 2D cockpit, all other 2D subpanels, and exclude the throttle quadrent. I use it to check trim, incrementally deploy spoilers, fuel cutoffs, set parking brakes, etc. After checking all my other planes with 2D cockpits, this is the first one I have seen without it.

Jay

they had planed it but trashed it because it was too frame heavy

P.L. Tran

Tks, I would have thought they would include it as an option anyway, people could use it or not depending on their system.

Jay

Was it discussed before? where's the link please?

sorry was time heavy and not frame heavy ...

Was left out by design - that's the most time consuming part of the 2D to do because of the animation and we didn't feel it added anything to make it worth delaying the product further.

P.L. Tran

I would also love to have the 2D throttle quadrant please.The plane is well build, and the missing quadrant is a disappointing inconvenience.

Regards
Jannie Roelofse

Flight1 Software Project Manager