Sign in to follow this  
FSMP

FSX Multiplayer Issues

I appreciate there is already a thread about Multiplayer issues, but that thread is very non-specific, while I hope this one will be more directed. The new 737 DOES BADLY Flood MP with Unnecessary MULTIPLAYER Key events. Example #1 Starting at gate with engines started.Hit "/" once "Toggle spoilers" -- and this starts a Flood of SET_SPOILER Key events to set spoilers to 100%, even though they are now already there. CLASSIC Key Event Flooding -- Not checking variable before sending key event to Change Variable. ------------------------- I am going to stop here, till I get PMDG developer's attention, and ideally open a private dialogue with them.(No point is wasting time, disgnoseing more cases, or posting here, if the posts are not acted upon.)(Also, nothing to be gained by airing dirty laundry in Public). As it stands, the new PMDG 737 is an UNSTABLE disaster in Multiplayer. :(Unfortuantly, I have no option but to BAN this aircraft from the FSMP MP server, and recommend to all other FSX MP server Hosts that they do the same. GeoffFSMP

FSMP - you are the best. Great that you have technical informations about the problem, i hope PMDG can fix the issue. At the HHG server we have big trouble with this great plane, not able to use it :-(

Guest Adraesh
FSMP - you are the best. Great that you have technical informations about the problem, i hope PMDG can fix the issue. At the HHG server we have big trouble with this great plane, not able to use it :-(
One of the informations ... Because on the exemple of Geoff, he describes a event who trigger loop when you hit "/" and send Unnecessary MP events. But just when you have the aircraft on Cold&Dark you have already more events sended ... In my first post relating on this trouble the screenshot of the average packets has take when 737NGX is cold&dark and no key presses ...

Just to Clarify the Situation with the PMDG 737NGX aircraft and the FSMP FSX Server. The plane itself is NOT banned. You may join the session with the Plane. But, if the plane then FLOODS the server, the server will automatically WARN you, and if you do not change planes within 30 seconds, the server will eject you, to stop you futher disrupting and lagging the server. This means, that(1) You will be informed and warned of the issue before being ejected.(2) Once PMDG corrects the flooding issues (and you get any necessary updates), you WILL be able to fly the plane on the server. ie. You will always be able to test any PMDG Updates, when on the server, to see if those updates correct the flooding issues. GeoffFSMP

Glad to see someone find the cause of this general Multiplayer Problems im%20Not%20Worthy.gif I hope someone from the PMDG Development Team take care of this and we can fly soon together on Gamespy Servers Praying.gif Big Thank You ! Greetings Chris

well... still no reaction from PMDG? no word about that issue in forum.no advice on product-page.and it is not on the "Issues Tracking List" at the moment. is PMDG ignoring that problem? or they don't know about it? for me: this is a big fail. me and maby hundreds of other customers bought a PMDG produkt (again) to use it on their favorite multiplayer sessions or communities. and now we must notice that we've waste our money on a buggy addon we can't use. and it's not only that multiplayer bug. i'm disappointed especially about PMDG, because i thougt they are the best addon-plane developers for MFS and after that long time of development, the 737NGX -as a boing licensed product- must be the "cherry on top of the cream"...but no! we've bought just an other buggy addon and we can't use it... unbelievable that NO BETA-TESTER or DEVELOPER ever joined one of that big multiplayer servers... the 737NGX is on a good way but need again and again much of work on it... nobody is perfekt and nobody expected a "bug-free" plane. but PMDG should know: there are hundreds of disappointed clients out there... and i talked with some of them in our community. the quintessence of all those talks are the same "we'll never buy an PMDG addon again so fast... we are not the beta-testers, we spent money for a working produkt..." and ABOUT THAT, the developers should really think about... so long... cheersMrFussl

MrFussl, It's a requirement to sign your posts with your full real name. There was already a post on this very topic...not sure it still exists...in which both RSR and EV responded. In particular, EV said that he was communicating privately with Geoff to try to come to some solution. Considering the number of users reporting OTHER problems (there are actually very few problems being reported, just lots of folks who are posting problems already noted), and the non-sim problems experienced at the time of launch, it's perfectly understandable that the MP problem Geoff reports has not been jumped on with the kind of alacrity you're demanding. Relax, please.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Guys -- Give PMDG a chance. The aircraft has only been out a few days. !! Let PMDG get their ducks in a row, study the problem, and derive a well thought out solution, that will not break other parts of the aircraft. Remember, these issue are probably new to PMDG, or they woud have been corrected during development. Likely, the solution is just a few lines of extra C++ code in the main Gauge Dll ... not a major redesign or change .. just a minor correction. The important thing is not to RUSH into a quick fix, but rather to do it right the first time, and end up with a fully tested solution. Rest assure, the cause of most of the MULTIPLAYER problems are know, but it will take a reasonable time for PMDG to come up with a "TESTED" solution. If the unthinkable happens, and PMDG for whatever reason decides not to effect a solution, then there is always the possibility of a solution OUTSIDE the PMDG aircarft, with some sort of antiflood "Module" installed into the sim... but obviously it would be far better to correct the problem(s) at "SOURCE" .. ( forgive the PUN ) Geoff

Guest Adraesh

I take this opportunity to apologize publicly to the whole development team PMDG over my behavior last night. Understand that I was very afraid at seeing no reactions from you on this issue "important" for us. Now that I've had confirmation from Geoff that you are in private communication, I am reassured. I will admit that I doubted for a moment that you were really interested in this issue ...Once again thank you for everything, and I hope that with the help of Geoff solution will be found, would have a real good news for the whole community of Gamespy who is always present.

hello Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch,

MrFussl,It's a requirement to sign your posts with your full real name.
ok? mhmm... ok! thanks for that... information
There was already a post on this very topic...not sure it still exists...in which both RSR and EV responded. In particular, EV said that he was communicating privately with Geoff to try to come to some solution.Considering the number of users reporting OTHER problems (there are actually very few problems being reported, just lots of folks who are posting problems already noted), and the non-sim problems experienced at the time of launch, it's perfectly understandable that the MP problem Geoff reports has not been jumped on with the kind of alacrity you're demanding.Relax, please.
well, it's fine that you guys are sooo satisfied with PMDG and the 737NGX... but i'm not! sorry for that OT, but:i loaded that plane in VC, the first thing, i tryed to open the 2D elements... i pressed shift+1..2..3...6 and my framerate goes down to 3fps after shift+6 ... then FSX crashed with fatal error... ok... i open up the sim again, loading the plane and wanna do a walk outside around the aircraft... an boom... my livery was transperent, i ony see fragments of an ghost plane but not an high-def livery.ok i tried again, restart my machine, startup again the sim and choosed the plane to take a flight on my fav. server...i opened the chatbox and can't type different letters... and boom the FSX crashed again after a few minutes... that was my first touch with a 70 dollar plane... now tell me, why should i be happy? i'm relaxed but not happy... and they should know! thanks, kind regardshans-peter blumenkohl

Geoff- The development team has taken in quite enough of your lectures in which you pretend to know more than we about what our product does. The bottom line is that you are pre-supposing that the mission goal with the design of the NGX is to use only the limited operations available within within FSX. Given the "we are smarter than you" attitude you have approached us with- we have absolutely no interest in working with you as cooperation is based upon mutual respect and an open mind. Your posts, emails and support tickets make it clear that you haven't the slightest inkling what it is that can be done when you decide not to be limited by narrow imagination. My inbox has been flooded with email from other developers who share the same opinion of your self importance- and as such I must tell you that it is no longer desired here. Best of luck with your endeavors.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com