Sign in to follow this  
peteg22

HUD question.

I'm sure this is something simple, but I haven't been able to turn the HUD on. I flipped the HUD down but there is no readout. Anyone know if there is a simple on off switch that I am missing? Thanks in advance for any help, Pete

Generators are on and standby power online right? I don't think there is any power switch for the HUD itself.

There is information in the HGS control panel. I'll have to check generators and stby power. I'm away from it right now. I've been starting with the airplane powered up and ready to go, so I would think that they would both be on. Thanks for the feedback!

Make sure the "Clear" mode on the HGS control panel isn't selected

I've read through several threads about the "HUD", and gone to the manuals. I am at total loss. Page 635Chap 10 Sec17 I can't even get the HUD Annunciator Panel to work?

Hey Cody, I hope this helps, just posted about it on another topic with the same problem. I too had no readout. Do you happen to be using FlightSim Commander 9? I had an issue with that program once I installed the NGX, so I reinstalled it. Magically, when I reopened FSX, it asked to run the HUGS module! I have no clue why, but reinstalling that program worked for me and now I have a display. Joshua Weinstein

Hey Cody, I hope this helps, just posted about it on another topic with the same problem. I too had no readout. Do you happen to be using FlightSim Commander 9? I had an issue with that program once I installed the NGX, so I reinstalled it. Magically, when I reopened FSX, it asked to run the HUGS module! I have no clue why, but reinstalling that program worked for me and now I have a display. Joshua Weinstein
JoshuaO-kay that did something after un-installing FSC9...hud1.jpg But still no projection?And I didn't get a prompt for the HUGS Module? P.S.....It's JeffLOL.gif

Does anyone know where the clickspot for the HUD is in the VC? I looked in the manual and it said to the left of the captain's window, but I can't seem to find it.. thanks Chris

Chris, click spot is on the vertical post to the left of the captains window, maybe 3/4 of the way up. Jeff (not Cody...my bad!) I'm not sure what to tell you. I also updated the aerosoft downloader tool, as well as reinstalled Ezdok. When all was said and done and I loaded FSX, it asked me to install the module for the HUD. Maybe it was sheer luck? Josh

peteg22 Make sure that you have these lines in dll.xml: <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path> <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName> <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName> </Launch.Addon> the dll.xml file can be found at c:\Users\(your name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX. Oh and please sign your forum posts with your real name.