Sign in to follow this  
Mendoza

Autopilot don't Vertical Speed

Hello PMDG and flightsimmers, I would first say that I am very happy with PMDG 737NGX. Thank you PMDG I have some small questions that I seek answers. 1- is this a bug?: After takeoff when I turn on the autopilot and click the “vertical speed hold” button the aircraft doesn’t hold vertical speed but starts descending while VS sets up +1800. if you firstly click the “Althold” button and secondly the “vertical speed hold” button then this time the aircraft holds vertical speed. 2- If you look at the events of FSFK (Fs Flight Keeper) you see something off that doesn’t occur with the other Aircrafts. - The Becon-light constantly turns on and off while you're doing nothing.- The Anti-ice is also constantly turned on and off while you don’t touch it.- FSFK said flaps was 25 during takeoff, while the settings were up at 5 flaps. Greetings to all. Hikmet Cercevik

im having a similar difficulty as well, i set the Autopilot to climb to 10,000ft and it did but at about 100vs, it was extremely slow! So i did it by Vs only and set it to 3000vs

You guys really need to read the manuals and tutorial flight. These are completely incorrect takeoff and climb procedures you're describing here. You don't engage V/S after takeoff on the real airplane - always VNAV or LVL CHG.Read the Takeoff and Initial Climb sections of the Flight Crew Training Manual.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I've tried just after takeoff using LVL CHG, it's perfect.When will fly with full flightplan I will use VNAV.it was available here in old addons after takeoff vertical speed use, so that was wrong. Loser.gif Yes I'm so happy not for only for solved VS problem, but also learned something right.Whew.gif Thank you very much Ryan Ryan, did you come up with something for the second question from me?

We don't use FS flaps as such....

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

We don't use FS flaps as such....
Okay you do not use the FS flaps, but normally the external software’s such data extracted from the FS. For example (FSpassenger, FSFK, etc.)That besides the above mentioned questions are still valid.If PMFG737NGX running in the FSX happened in the background below activities.a- The Becon-light turns on and off Constantly while you're doing nothing.b- The Anti-ice is Turned On and Off Constantly Also while you do not touch it.This activities can have bad influences to the FSX such as; which data’s wrong signal to external software’s + fps killing + small glitches produce. etc. .. c- Although the pilot is doing wrong action, such as using V/S after takeoff, the aircraft must V/S be hold.Example, the pilot would deliberately want to do a soft or hard climb. Besides these three problems PMDG Aircraft 377NGX perfectly. I'm not saying that problems can be solved immediately, but I expect you to recognize these problems. Thanks, Cheers

Welcome to the wonderful world of V/S. your lucky it didnt shoot you into a 4000 fpm climb. In the real world Pilots are discouraged from using it because it can be so unpredictable.. Just make a mental "inop" sign to put over that dial, and use N1/FLCH instead.

but I expect you to recognize these problems.
hard to recognize problems if they are NOT. Rolling%20Eyes.gif

Okay you do not use the FS flaps, but normally the external software’s such data extracted from the FS. For example (FSpassenger, FSFK, etc.) That besides the above mentioned questions are still valid. If PMFG737NGX running in the FSX happened in the background below activities. a- The Becon-light turns on and off Constantly while you're doing nothing.b- The Anti-ice is Turned On and Off Constantly Also while you do not touch it. This activities can have bad influences to the FSX such as; which data’s wrong signal to external software’s + fps killing + small glitches produce. etc. .. c- Although the pilot is doing wrong action, such as using V/S after takeoff, the aircraft must V/S be hold. Example, the pilot would deliberately want to do a soft or hard climb. Besides these three problems PMDG Aircraft 377NGX perfectly. I'm not saying that problems can be solved immediately, but I expect you to recognize these problems. Thanks, Cheers
I'm sorry but a and b i don't think is PMDG fault... they choose to do it outside standard FSX functionality to make a more real experience. FS Flight Keeper check the default values. It is something similar what happens to FS Recorder. As for c i'm not a real world pilot nor i know everything about the Real Life 737, but the way i see it if Boeing writes a book in witch it says that yo do not engage V/S on take off/ Initial Climb i wouldn't do it... if i do it and then the aircraft react incorrectly i wouldn't know if it is me or the simulation. But again i'm no expert so i don't know if the real 737 would react the same way if you do it in real life.

Welcome to the wonderful world of V/S. your lucky it didnt shoot you into a 4000 fpm climb. In the real world Pilots are discouraged from using it because it can be so unpredictable.. Just make a mental "inop" sign to put over that dial, and use N1/FLCH instead.
Oh..how I wish that was the case in real life. Well, maybe it is for the B737NG. In the CL30 Challenger, VS is the only mode we can use to climb the aircraft. FLC or VNAV modes don't work very well. Actually, VS is used quite often even in the Boeing and Airbus aircraft, especially in European airspace to avoid TCAS "bump-up" RAs. Rich Boll

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

People,that is not about right action of the pilot, but that's about V/S function does or not.

Oh..how I wish that was the case in real life. Well, maybe it is for the B737NG. In the CL30 Challenger, VS is the only mode we can use to climb the aircraft. FLC or VNAV modes don't work very well. Actually, VS is used quite often even in the Boeing and Airbus aircraft, especially in European airspace to avoid TCAS "bump-up" RAs. Rich Boll
This is very interesting.. I was originally told about the V/S anomalies by a real life 747 driver many years ago, and it was recommended by her to just avoid it. I believe it may have been company policy as well at that time.. But i didnt know about the Bombardiers. Not having any real experience in them, i can only go by the simulations i have seen which indicate that Bombardiers have a different type of V/S control than Boeings. But i could be incorrect..

People,that is not about right action of the pilot, but that's about V/S function does or not.
True, does any real world pilot here know what happens if i engage V/S at 400 RA on take off?

True, does any real world pilot here know what happens if i engage V/S at 400 RA on take off?
For the airplanes that I have flown (Learjet 45, DA2000, CL30), when you engage VS mode regardless of altitude, it will sync to the existing vertical speed of the aircraft. If the aircraft is climbing at 2000 FPM, when VS is pressed, the mode engage at +2000. The aircraft that I fly do not have low-speed protection. The CL30 does have high speed protection and will transition from VS to FLC in a descent if Mmo or Vmo is exceeded - and exceed by a significant margin. The Lear 45 goes into a "Max Speed" mode to prevent an overspeed, but like the other aircraft there is no low speed protection.

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

For the airplanes that I have flown (Learjet 45, DA2000, CL30), when you engage VS mode regardless of altitude, it will sync to the existing vertical speed of the aircraft. If the aircraft is climbing at 2000 FPM, when VS is pressed, the mode engage at +2000. The aircraft that I fly do not have low-speed protection. The CL30 does have high speed protection and will transition from VS to FLC in a descent if Mmo or Vmo is exceeded - and exceed by a significant margin. The Lear 45 goes into a "Max Speed" mode to prevent an overspeed, but like the other aircraft there is no low speed protection.
Thanks. Any 737 pilot?