Sign in to follow this  
ApacheHunter

NGX with VRinsight M Panel

Has anyone succeeded in making the NGX work with the VRinsight M Panel? If so, please let me know how you did it! I know there's this beautiful piece of software called LINDA, but despite its beautiful female name, it only works with the MCP Combo. So did you manage to make the NGX work with the VRinsight M Panel? Please let me know! I'd appreciate it very much! :)

Hi. Yes, thankfully I got the Mpanel working with NGX. Do you have a registered version of FSUIPC? Basically, it's a case of assigning key assignments in the NGX FMC and then mapping them to the Mpanel as key assignments through FSUIPC. I couldn't get the Mouse Macro to work. So key assignments is the way to go. Chris

Hi Chris, how did you accomplish this? I assigned e.g. LCONTROL+t in the M-Panel Key Mapper for Heading Decrease and assigned CTRL+T for Heading Selector Dec in the NGX FMC. But this does not work. Then I tried the following assignment in FSUIPC, but this does not work either: Tried also "Heading Bug Dec" in "Control sent when keys pressed", but this didn't change anything. Can you please tell me how you did the assignment e.g for the heading knob? TIA! Roland

Ok, I found the solution: I have to provide the keycode and the ctrl-code in the parameter field as mentioned in the FSUIPC users guide. For the ctl+T I have to enter "84+10" in the parameter field. You can find the keycodes in the FSUIPC advanced users guide. Roland

You do not need to send a control when you are sending a key press through FSUIPC from a button press on a joystick or the M-panel for example. Leave the "control sent when key pressed field" empty, it is not needed. You are in the wrong tab in FSUIPC anyway, you need to be working in the buttons + switches tab and you need to setup FSUIPC to work with the VRinsight Mod as some people call it. If you are using SerialFP2 to send the key presses (which seems to be the case because why else would you assign keys in the M-Panel key mapper) then you do not need to program anything in FSUIPC at all.

Cheers, Andy.

Hi Andy, thank you for your advice, but if I configure nothing in FSUIPC, the M-Panel does not work properly with the 737 NGX. I have to rotate the knob on the M-Panel several times to get the heading increased by 1. With the key assignment I described above, the M-Panel works, but I still have some troubles with fast rotating the M-Panel knob. I tried the VRinsight Mod, but for this I have to install and run the Virtual Serial Ports Emulator (VSPE), which unfortunately is not free for 64bit environments. Without VSPE I cannot use the buttons + switches tab in FSUIPC. But with VSPE the assignments in the buttons + switches tab work much better then the key presses assignments, because also the M-Panel fast rotation codes are recognized by FSUIPC. So I'm not sure now, what I shall use. I think, I will test both variants for a while to see, which one works better Anyway thank you very much for the VRInsight Mod hint, I never heard about this before. Roland

I had the same problem with my X52. The solution was, to program everything with the "extended command option" instead of using the button macro feature. Hope that helps you to solve the issue you have. Regards,Torsten