Sign in to follow this  
Brian_A_Neuman

Brakes..

I've had the brake fade thing by slamming on the brakes to max on a high weight landing and not using the reversers (just to see what happens). No brakes at all by the end of the rollout! Got the temp up to 10.0. Then, however, I did a turn around on the runway and departed straight out, but left the gear down to see if the temp would fall due to the airflow over the wheels (as per sop in the real world) - but no drop in temp. Perhaps a step too far for a sim? Rob
Guys if you want to test the realism of the brake heating/cooling use the QRH Brake cooling schedule.Rough guide: Autobrake 3 second detent reverse (around 74% N1) sea level, close to ISA conditions at about 65Tonnes you will need about 20 minutes cooling give or take for the steel brakes, if you use no reverse you are looking at around 50 minutes cooling time on the ground add a bit more if you have a long taxi. Doing things like standing on the brakes on a high weight landing with no reverse is going to melt the fuse plugs and probably set the brakes on fire (moreso with the steel drums) in the real world. Departing straight after and dangling the dunlops for a bit of airflow will do absolutely nothing for you. I doubt PMDG could simulate fuse plug melting so brake temps staying at 10.0 means you are probably out off the simulated envelope, which is realistic. Tawanda

What sort of parameters would necessitate the gear being left down for cooling on departure? I've seen it quite a lot on the A319/20, that even after a relatively short taxi, the crew leave the gear down for a few minutes after having specifically told me that they were going to do so to aid cooling. Must say I've not seen it on the 737. Thanks, Rob.

I completed my 1st full flight today, KSAN-KELP. I jacked the approach a bit by coming in way too fast. I had the autobrake set to minimum and after I came to a stop, I turned off the autobrake and the brakes would NOT release. I had to set the parking brake and then release it so I could taxi to the gate. Once I was in motion, I had no braking at all. I used my yoke command and the keyboard command and the only brakes that would set were the parking brakes. This was not an issue that occured when I was in San Diego. Any ideas of what I missed? And yes, I disconnected the autopilot. Thanks. Brian A. Neuman
Hi Brian! Please check this link - here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/343627-how-to-perform-an-autoland/ Have fun!

Can we agree there needs to be a fix for this braking issue? Too many people are having braking issues ONLY with the 737NGX.

Paul Gugliotta

OK: I simple thing I figured out for those of you who experience this: I have NO brakes at all - they were working:I discovered that they I had a brake failure - Why? I don't knopw.Anyway, just go into the FMC and clear all failures and you'll be OK - This was the solution I was looking for.

Paul Gugliotta

when my brakes get hot (around 3.3 or 3.4 when i use autobrake 3 they do not cool, or start to cool no matter how long they are left to cool. I left the sim running for 2 hours after the last flight with a hot wheel landing and they did not cool at all. Also if you set the parking brakes on an off 4 or 5 times with no HYD pressure (just using the pressure thats in the accumulator) the brakes will fail in the FMC options. I cant imagine brakes failing because theres no pressure I mean sure they wont work but there not going to explode or anything =) and setting the EDMP on would fix that immediatly but they remain failed.

when my brakes get hot (around 3.3 or 3.4 when i use autobrake 3 they do not cool, or start to cool no matter how long they are left to cool. I left the sim running for 2 hours after the last flight with a hot wheel landing and they did not cool at all.
having the same problem ... I wrote a ticket, but I think they can't reproduce it so we are out of luck ...

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

Me too.... autobrake was not able to relase ... , parking-brake set ... released : -> No more brakes exepct of the parking brakes ?! ##### ?!

Hey guys. I had this problem aswell, but just changed my procedure and haven't had any problems since! :

• Set up for landing; 40 flaps, Gear down and spoiler and autobrake armed (I haven't use any other setting than 1 yet though)
  • Aircraft put on the ground, I reduce thrust, and then hold down F2 for reverse thrust. Spoiler and autobrakes deploy.
  • Getting down to 60kt I gently move my throttle to get out of reversers, then in a splitsecond I move the throttles to around 60-80N1, and then back again immediatly. (Fast enough to not letting the engines spool up; I'm trying to brake here..) This makes the spoilers go down and the "autobrake disarmed" light come on. I can then move the knob to off, and I still have full control of my brakes. I haven't checked the temperatures.

Probably isn't realistic, but works for me :)

Its not a bug of the FS X .... No one had such issues before.Its a NGX Bug. It cant be a bug of the fsx, because all other Addon aircrafts are " braking " fine. Dont say: " Its a fsx bug ... " . Try to accept thoose bugs as your own one (PMDG NGX Bugs) and fix them. You made a nice plane, but also u can make " bugs".

I have had the exact same problem. The brakes have completely frozen on me TWICE now, following roll-out on the runway! I only touched the brakes following application of the reversers. Nothing I tried would release the brakes, so I ended up disconnecting from VATSIM and shutting down FSX. Also, it seems the reversers take a very long time to engage, following complete touchdown...is it normal that they don't engage immediately after the nosewheel is on the runway? None of my other PMDG aircraft behave this way...

Lol fsxissue.jpg Never heard of this FSX issue before. On the PMDG 747x, PMDG MD11 , Iflyng , Level-D 767 .... never had this " issue" before. Would say , its a NGX issue ?! Every other plane before:Manually "disengage" the autobrake on the know released the autobrake. But not in the 737ngx. Why?!

I haven't read any of the other posts here so i'm just gonna tell you what you have to do to release the brakes after landing and using the autobreak feauture. Simply, press both rudder brake pedals ALL the way down as far as they can go and it will de-activate the autobraking and you will have regular braking.

Hi, it seems after doing another flight that you indeed need to tap a few times on the brake button after you stow the reversers around 60-70kts to release AB's and go to manual braking. The AB Disarm orange light should come on. As long as you remember this it seems to work ok. A little different but I can live with that. .

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Yes...works all fine here, you don't disengage autpbrakes by moving the switch, you do it by applying manual braking, that will then disengage the auto brakes, then you can move the switch to off....That said there is the issue with the disactivation, needing the double tap...other addon aircraft have had this same issue....however I have found that if you using hardware brakes and have registered fsupic that mapping your brakes through this, means as soon as you down to 60kts just applying the brakes on your hardware will actually disactivate the auto brakes fine without needing to do the double tap thing....one thing to remember wheen you map hardware through fsupic, is to remember to delete the mapping in fsx, otherwise you won't see this work, as it seems then you have both fsupic and fax trying to control your hardware, and this is when you end up with the tripping of the auto brake on landing.