Sign in to follow this  
clum

Who's figured out how to tweak the colour options?

Well obviously we have the option of adjusting various colours for lights and displays in the VC, through the '737NGX_Colors.ini'. The question is HOW?! Presumably the values represent RGB numbering, but I have no idea how to use that to achieve different colours. Is it just hit and miss, or is there more logic to it? All I'd like to change is the white panel flood lighting, to a more orange colour. Anyone figured it out and can advise?

I was planning to do it after work. Now I still have 5 hours to go her,e so probably someone is going to be earlier or you'll have to wait :( Can you actually edit the color of the floodlighting?

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

Pretty sure you just want to change the FLOODS figure. As for RGB colors, there are some pretty useful internet websites out there that give you RGB colors if you aren't good at guessing them. http://drpeterjones.com/colorcalc/ using the RGB tool to the right will show you the corresponding color. Good luck! Edit: Yup! It works. Check this out: lolxeq.png

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Thanks, I'll get on it after I get home! I personally think the floodlighting is too white. I often see more warmer yellowlike colors on cockpit photos!

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

Colors as the eye sees them are hard to match - what a camera "sees" depends on a ton of variables and photos aren't always an accurate representation of how something looks.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

When you have Photoshop or something alike you can use its color picker to get the RGB values for the color you want. One little thing i dislike about this system is the cabin night lighting. The doors stay bright when opened. The cabin itself is a little dark, even on 100% light. Probably because the cabin windows are darkened to make it look better in daylight. Doornight.jpg

Thanks, I'll get on it after I get home! I personally think the floodlighting is too white. I often see more warmer yellowlike colors on cockpit photos!
Completely agree with you. Never seen a 737NG cockpit looking quite that white.

Kenneth, that calculator is brilliant! Got something that I'm fairly happy with now. Ryan, I appreciate what you're saying but in my experience of the NG flightdecks (first hand, not from photos), the floodlighting does appear very orange. I actually have been keeping a deliberate eye out for this when travelling after seeing the white lighting in an NGX preview vid. Perhaps these things are company specific, I don't know. Either way it's fantastic that you have included the option to adjust these values. PMDG have provided us with a near on perfect plane, now we need something to tweak or we'll go nuts!

When you have Photoshop or something alike you can use its color picker to get the RGB values for the color you want. One little thing i dislike about this system is the cabin night lighting. The doors stay bright when opened. The cabin itself is a little dark, even on 100% light. Probably because the cabin windows are darkened to make it look better in daylight. Doornight.jpg
I noticed this odd lighting of the doors too - looks odd but isn't a huge thing for me. It's on my list of things that would be nice to see fixed, but isn't essential.

Glad we share the same opinion. I think we are also right. Dark cockpits with the backlighting and a little flood look orange and not white/gray :) Another thing to look forward to when i get home this afternoon. The other thing to look forward is my next day of Ryanair NGX flying because i planned KLU - STN - EIN - ALC - NRN :D

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

Please share your settings once you come up with some that you like :) I'd like to make mine a warmer colour too but don't have time to experiment until the end of the week.

I'll try to get them as realistic as possible. That yellow floods and orange-like backlighting. Then I will share it, if you guys like it :)

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

Is it possible to change the green MCP button light into a white light? No option found so far.

I havent found the MCP button backlighting, but i did some experimenting. How does this look? Comments please :) lighting737NGX.png

Regards,

Harm Swinkels