Sign in to follow this  
pat203

TO/GA not working

Okay guys, ive found it. I shall go hide in a hole.....I was pressing the auto throttle disengage button on the quadrant and not the toga switch in 3D. Doh. Then the reason it wasn't working in 2D is that BOTH A/T ARM weren't on. Thanks all. Guess the morale of the story is read the manuals properly, not skim read.

I can't see any reason why A/P or at least CWS would or should be active on ground. At least that is seriously wrong. sig.gif

Also, if you'd at least read the intro manual, you'd be aware of the hidden TOGA button in the VC!

I can't see any reason why A/P or at least CWS would or should be active on ground. At least that is seriously wrong. sig.gif
They covered that

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Okay guys, ive found it. I shall go hide in a hole.....I was pressing the auto throttle disengage button on the quadrant and not the toga switch in 3D. Doh. Then the reason it wasn't working in 2D is that BOTH A/T ARM weren't on. Thanks all. Guess the morale of the story is read the manuals properly, not skim read.
My gut feeling was right !! Glad you got it sorted ! Fred.

So, is pressing the hdden switch the same as pressing the toga switch on the throttle quadrant or do you have to press both? I cant for the life of me find the switch on the quadrant, any chance of someone posting a screenshot and pointing it out please?

CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 750D FULL TOWER CASE - Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-9700K (3.6GHz) 12MB Cache - Gigabyte Z390 UD: ATX, LG1151 - 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz - NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - 2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE - 1TB INTEL® 760p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (upto 3230MB/sR | 1625MB/sW) - CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES - CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 120 High Performance Liquid Cooler

The hidden switch is covered in the intro. It is no longer the screw because when the HUD is down, it obscures it.

Cristi Neagu

But, why do you not assign a short cut to TOGA function?I have following short keys for autoflight:CTR+T = TO/GACTR+§ = F/DCTR+1 = FD 1 ON / OFFCTR+2 = FD 2 ON / OFFCTR A = CMD A ON / OFFCTR B = CMD B ON / OFFCTR C = CWS A ON / OFFCTR D = CWS B ON / OFFCTR S = LVL CHGCTR V = VNAVCTR L = LNAVCTR Y = APPCTR U = LOCCTR I = SPD INTERVENTIONHelps a lot when airborn and you do not have time to fiddle with the mouse when you should control the airplane (when AP OFF)

But, why do you not assign a short cut to TOGA function? I have following short keys for autoflight: CTR+T = TO/GACTR+§ = F/DCTR+1 = FD 1 ON / OFFCTR+2 = FD 2 ON / OFFCTR A = CMD A ON / OFFCTR B = CMD B ON / OFFCTR C = CWS A ON / OFFCTR D = CWS B ON / OFFCTR S = LVL CHGCTR V = VNAVCTR L = LNAVCTR Y = APPCTR U = LOCCTR I = SPD INTERVENTION Helps a lot when airborn and you do not have time to fiddle with the mouse when you should control the airplane (when AP OFF)
The important ones for me are autothrottle disengage and yoke AP soft disconnect.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

How do you get the CDU into 2D , with out opening VC?THX

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

If I put A/T ON and FD ON in 2D panel,and push the F3 (throttle increase key) slowly to over 40% power and click the famous SCREW, TO/GA will be activate it.

Ahmet Sanal

Richard, Thanks

Ahmet Sanal

So, is pressing the hdden switch the same as pressing the toga switch on the throttle quadrant or do you have to press both? I cant for the life of me find the switch on the quadrant, any chance of someone posting a screenshot and pointing it out please?
They're exactly the same - the clickspot is just there to keep you from having to pan down and try to hit the actual thrust lever button.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com