Sign in to follow this  
caribbrett

Along track Waypoints

Any help on this would be much appreciated... I am flying TTPP-TBPB and I would like to set an E/D waypoint or even a waypoint at BGI/-12.. I have read the manual but its not specific enough as to how or where to enter this info.. I have tried entering on both the route page and on the legs page I keep getting "Invalid entry" message.. is it that this is not modeled on the FMC? The route is POS- UR515- BGI. Thanks in advance to those with more knowledge on this than me!

Brett Jennings

Any help on this would be much appreciated... I am flying TTPP-TBPB and I would like to set an E/D waypoint or even a waypoint at BGI/-12.. I have read the manual but its not specific enough as to how or where to enter this info.. I have tried entering on both the route page and on the legs page I keep getting "Invalid entry" message.. is it that this is not modeled on the FMC? The route is POS- UR515- BGI. Thanks in advance to those with more knowledge on this than me!
Hi there ! Manually Entered Along–Track Waypoint NamesAlong–track waypoints are a special case of place–bearing/distance waypointsapplied to the current route. When a waypoint is desired on the route where noneexists, the along–track waypoint feature creates the desired waypoint withoutcreating a route discontinuity.Along–track waypoints are entered using the waypoint name (the place), followedby a slash and minus sign, for points before the waypoint, or no sign for pointsafter the waypoint, followed by the mileage offset for the newly defined waypoint.The route course takes the place of the bearing which is not entered. The createdwaypoint is then inserted over the original waypoint. The distance offset must beless than the distance between the originating waypoint and next (positive value)or preceding (negative value) waypoint. Latitude and longitude waypoints cannotbe used to create along–track waypoints. Examples:• VAMPS/25 is 25 miles after VAMPS on the present route, and isdisplayed as VAM01• ELN/–30 is 30 miles before ELN on the present route, and is displayed as ELN01. From the Ryanair Fcom Vol2 !! Fred.

As above but for PBD waypoints, it's entered as Waypoint+Bearing/Distance.Eg. DAP280/15, which is 15 miles from the DAP [Collinstown] Vor on the 280 outbound radial.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

I see now...I tried to do similar thing with Fix Information Page, but cannot copy created waypoint into my route.I followed FCOM v2, pages 1070-71-72 I think its bug too. Lj. Prodanovic

ok, that works,but why Fix Information Page doesnt work? :)
What problems are you having with the FIX page?

Cannot copy waypoint that I made into scratchpad, so I cannot transfer it into legs page It should be able to pick some of 3 fixes that I med via L2,L3 or L4 button Lj Prodanovic

As above but for PBD waypoints, it's entered as Waypoint+Bearing/Distance.Eg. DAP280/15, which is 15 miles from the DAP [Collinstown] Vor on the 280 outbound radial.
Ronan is that you can't enter it as BGI/-12? I'm a tad bit confused... I've already read that section on "Manually Entered Along Track Waypoints" which doesnt say anything about using a radial.. so what you're saying is that for the FMC to recognize it you must put in the radial?

Brett Jennings

Ronan is that you can't enter it as BGI/-12? I'm a tad bit confused... I've already read that section on "Manually Entered Along Track Waypoints" which doesnt say anything about using a radial.. so what you're saying is that for the FMC to recognize it you must put in the radial?
When you enter the along-track waypoint you must select it from the legs page to get it to the scratchpad. For example, to add a waypoint 12 miles before BGI first go to the legs page, and select BGI. Once it is selected it should show up in the scratchpad, and then you can add "/-12" to the end s that it says "BGI/-12" in the scratchpad. Then click the LSK next to BGI at the top of the legs page to add the new waypoint. It will not work if you manually type BGI into the scratchpad, it must be selected from the top of the legs page. Anthony Marsillo

No sorry, the radial is just for PDB Waypoints.Let me get this straight from you in plain english, is what you want a waypoint, on your flightplan, that is 12NM before the waypoint BGI?

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg