Sign in to follow this  
VARIG

Why the silence about Paintkit

Good evening, I bought the NGX at 05 AUG, and I remember to read that the paintkit would be released together with the base package. Okay, everyone here knows about your DDOS attack, but that were 3 days ago. I can't understand WHY staff doesn't say when the paintkit will be available, and why ONE member (you have at least 8 others left) of the team can't pause the support tickets for a while (max 10 minutes!!!!) to make a simple upload. Is that difficult to just upload to the server and make a new link at the Pmdg site? I really can't understand why it's taking so long. LOTS OF PEOPLE are asking for the paintkit. Please say something!

It seems with everything else thats happened this week, the upload of the paintkit is a little lower on the priority. I'm more excited for the 737-600/700 then the paintkit. But thats just me.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

They said it will be released sometime this week ...... Doh.gif Chill out a bit
Hey Chad, I couldn't find any statements from the staff regarding the release.I'm not angry about that, just frustrated because I want to fly with my own liveries, and no one come to say "hey, we're busy now, but at X day will be at the download page". Simple as that.
It seems with everything else thats happened this week, the upload of the paintkit is a little lower on the priority. I'm more excited for the 737-600/700 then the paintkit. But thats just me.
Brian, I'm looking forward to the -700 too! Specially if I could paint it! LOL!

Hi, You really need someone to tell you their busy, you couldn't figure that out on your own. You want to fly your own liveries and I can understand that, but I think their priorities are getting individuals that have yet to fly the aircraft airborne. At least your in the air enjoying the the 737, there are others that are not as fortunate.

I'm not angry about that, just frustrated because I want to fly with my own liveries, and no one come to say "hey, we're busy now, but at X day will be at the download page". Simple as that.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

No offence, but what good is a painkit when you could still get a few issues with. just a thought. Let them sort out the importants first buddy

Hi, You really need someone to tell you their busy, you couldn't figure that out on your own. You want to fly your own liveries and I can understand that, but I think their priorities are getting individuals that have yet to fly the aircraft airborne. At least your in the air enjoying the the 737, there are others that are not as fortunate.
Hey Mike, you bolded the "we're busy now" part, but missed the "but X day will be at the download page". It's not going to harm the guys that still can't fly NGX to take 10 miserable minutes from 1 member (they have at least 8 working) to do a simple upload. I'm sure they have priorities (you suggested that I couldn't figure out on my own), but they're not going to prejudice the minority by attending the majority for less than 10 minutes.
No offence, but what good is a painkit when you could still get a few issues with. just a thought. Let them sort out the importants first buddy
No problem, Steve. But since they told us that it would be together with the base package (and they had the DDOS thing), and Ryan stated that would not be possible to upload on AUG 4, I'm assuming that it hasn't any issues. Maybe I'm wrong.

Hey Mike, you bolded the "we're busy now" part, but missed the "but X day will be at the download page". It's not going to harm the guys that still can't fly NGX to take 10 miserable minutes from 1 member (they have at least 8 working) to do a simple upload. I'm sure they have priorities (you suggested that I couldn't figure out on my own), but they're not going to prejudice the minority by attending the majority for less than 10 minutes. No problem, Steve. But since they told us that it would be together with the base package (and they had the DDOS thing), and Ryan stated that would not be possible to upload on AUG 4, I'm assuming that it hasn't any issues. Maybe I'm wrong.
Yeah true i do understand how people are proberly feeling, i don't personally paint myself as don't know how to, but i'm sure it will arrive very soon.

Hi, You are assuming the kit is ready. How do you know the paint kit is ready for upload, maybe they ran into a problem?. So it may not be as simple as one guy taking 10 minutes to upload the kit to the site and adding a download link. I'm sure if it was as simple as uploading a file and adding a link it would of been done already.

It's not going to harm the guys that still can't fly NGX to take 10 miserable minutes from 1 member (they have at least 8 working) to do a simple upload.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Gents, As I posted in another thread today about the paint kit, I have made an apology that the kit was delayed due to the attack and other factors which I will not go to lengths to explain. I spent a considerable amount of time on the paint kit documentation that will accompany each kit and I am not done yet. Please allow me time to finish the documentation and we will post when it is done. Right now I am fine tuning the paint kit and proof reading the documentation so that instructions are not left out. The paint kit is quite a thorough kit, it is full of details and there are some steps that need to be explained in detail since this kit is different from a standard kit, it is a BIG kit. I understand we were supposed to deliver it with the NGX on the day it was released and that never happened because of the attack. It is delayed slightly and patience is all I ask for... Regards,

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

Hi, You are assuming the kit is ready for upload. How do you know the paint kit is even finished, maybe they ran into a problem?. So it may not be as simple as one guy taking 10 minutes to upload the kit to the site and adding a download link. I'm sure if it was as simple uploading a file and adding a download link it would of been done already.
You missed again my last phrase on Steve's response: "Maybe I'm wrong."No offence, but context is very important. Please read the answers with care. Below, you can see my point, Mike:
Gents, As I posted in another thread today about the paint kit, I have made an apology that the kit was delayed due to the attack and other factors which I will not go to lengths to explain. I spent a considerable amount of time on the paint kit documentation that will accompany each kit and I am not done yet. Please allow me time to finish the documentation and we will post when it is done. Right now I am fine tuning the paint kit and proof reading the documentation so that instructions are not left out. The paint kit is quite a thorough kit, it is full of details and there are some steps that need to be explained in detail since this kit is different from a standard kit, it is a BIG kit. I understand we were supposed to deliver it with the NGX on the day it was released and that never happened because of the attack. It is delayed slightly and patience is all I ask for... Regards,
THANK YOU Jason! I really appreciate your answer. Now, the "paintkit delay" have a cristal clear answer. Thank you again, and take your time. I know that explaining the PTP extention will require some time and a good documentation. There's absolutely no problem with that, I just wanted to hear from PMDG staff whats going on. That was a simple question, with a simple answer. See, Mike?

why don’t people make there own paintkit while you’re waiting for the official one to come out, i used one of the liveries that is "close" to what i wanted for my VA (normally as white as possible), copy the texture and cut the background around the windows and doors, and paste the result as a layer on top of the original fuselage so that whatever texture you do, its under the windows and doors. Yes, i know it’s not the same thing , but its practice for when you get the real paintkit. also watch the alpha layers, they need modifying to.

...That was a simple question, with a simple answer. See, Mike?
Gabriel, I find your tone a bit sour. It looks like all you wanted is to hear someone from PMDG say "it's coming, but been delayed." Most of us already guessed this. Commonsense would say the paint kit would be complicated since it would include items not found in a paint kit before and it needs to be "compiled" so the paint importer (or whatever you call it) can use it. Commonsense would also say that PMDG is looking after getting customers going with the base package and therefore do not have the time at this point for the documentation or answering people's painkit questions...

Matt Webb

Hi Matt, Yep I agree, seems to be common sense to most of us. The original post reminded me of a typical teenager with the ME ME ME / NOW NOW NOW the heck with everyone else attitude.

Gabriel, I find your tone a bit sour. It looks like all you wanted is to hear someone from PMDG say "it's coming, but been delayed." Most of us already guessed this. Commonsense would say the paint kit would be complicated since it would include items not found in a paint kit before and it needs to be "compiled" so the paint importer (or whatever you call it) can use it. Commonsense would also say that PMDG is looking after getting customers going with the base package and therefore do not have the time at this point for the documentation or answering people's painkit questions...