Sign in to follow this  
Xiropillo

Could you please compare and fix this for next patch?

I know that is just a detail and it is not very important but due to the level of realism of this aircraft it would be nice to have it fixed. Compare the yellow details in attached file with the real one. The ISFD seems to be narrower in the real one.The framework between the pedestal and displays on the front panel seem to be eliminated. The framework between the lower DU and the throttle pedestal has also been eliminated. Thanks for your time.

Nobody noticed the differences? Flying is a must but realism also in such a great product like this don't you think?Please PMDG have a look or confirm that nothing is going to be changed at this stage of the product.Thnks again

They used Boeing's own documentation to design the cockpits, so I doubt it's off. What you're seeing in pictures is likely lens and perspective distortion.

Kyle Rodgers

They used Boeing's own documentation to design the cockpits, so I doubt it's off. What you're seeing in pictures is likely lens and perspective distortion.
+1. I don't think there's any way to get a better looking cockpit in FSX than this one.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

I can assure is not a problem of perspective. I have checked a lot of pictures through the net and always the same. I can even tell you that another 737 with same views has not the same problem or defects. Take a look closer and see that the framework that cross all the panel from the left to the right is not like this. I am not telling that quality is not superb but the defect is there. Maybe the only problem is that the two CDUs are a little bit higher than they should be.

I see it! If we're nitpicking to that level, then the textures for the top of the glareshield aren't quite right either. Should have a sort of band along the front few inches with some more screw heads. I'm almost annoyed whith myself for mentioning that though! I'd actually love to see some pics of the real bird that this was based on if possible, just purely out of interest. Guess it might not be allowed for PMDG to disclose which carrier they had access to I suppose.

The BIG difference I can see, it it looks in the PMDG, that the Display are slightly "removed" from the Panel. i.e. they look as if they are not pushed all the way in. If you look at the Real World Photo, you see see there is a very defined, clear Horizonal ledge surface that stretches across the whole lower part of the Panel , just below the displays. Unfortuantly, once you see it, you will find it very difficult not to see it every time you look at the panel Thanks XiropilloMade !! ( j/k) sad.png While not a big deal, it is surprising to see such a distortion, after all the care that has obviously gone into the 3D modeling.I bet, just out of professional pride, that Jason & Vincent may want to correct that.

Dude.. for real! PMDG used Boeing blueprints on designing this aircraft! (at least for the exterior, so I think I can safely assume they did for the cockpit as well)

Dude... For real! The error, if you could even call it that, is there. It's not enough to be nitpicky about, in my view, but it's there. I see enough NG cockpits almost daily, and did notice it too. Does it bother me? No. But that's no reason to react the way some people do.Not sure about the ISFD though...

I found a coffee stain on the Captains seat !! I want my money back !! LOL.gif

Far be it from me to say there could be slight differences in cockpits in an aircraft that has been in production since 1996. Just a thought. I mean look at the two different HGS systems.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Maybe there is some very minor differences corresponding to performance choices: framerates impact.But really that's nitpicking :)