Sign in to follow this  
Fokker Driver

Light version?

This release was intended to be system intensive and accurate and directed to simmers that was looking for exactly that.If you want a lighter version of the 737, just Google 737 for FSX and you will have plenty of options.
We are talking about details here not systems, stop jumping to conclusions mate.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

All I do is use photoshop with a DDS plugin, and resize the files in 1/2 1/4 1/8 of the actual file size, then save them to a folder called texteresmall, then go to the Repaints I want to have lower resolutions, open texture.cfg file, and change texture fallback to texturesmall.
I dont have photoshop, but tried doing something similar to that in GIMP but actually sizing the textures to 1024, but it seemed to wreck some of the alpha textures even when I used the .dds plug in for GIMP. As of now, without having photoshop I have not figured out an easier and quicker way that does it properly without ruining the alphas. Although it has worked on some textures doing it that way in GIMP, I couldn't get it to work right for all the textures.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

We are talking about details here not systems, stop jumping to conclusions mate.
A "Light" version is 90% of the time, talking about systems, like using default GPS instead of an FMC. I would naturally assume that this is what you are referring to.If you want to eliminate detail in the model, just turn down your settings on the Options. I believe PMDG even has some of these settings in the FMS menu.I apologize that I misunderstood what you were saying. Bob

From reading the OP I knew he was talking about textures and things like that.....how can anyone not understand that? Reading the other post about FPS issues I think a lower texture pack would be good - everything doesn't have to be HD. Chris Farrell

[...]Sean Campbell
Hey thanks Sean, I would've never gotten that on my own. Will give it a try and heck make sure to back em up before I mess up haha... LMAO.gifsig.gif

... If your PC cannot handle it, then either get a better PC, or accept the fact that you are not able to use such a complex and PC System demanding product. ...
OR one could enquire PMDG about it. I mean, what is wrong with you? Why would you go out of your way to critisize someone over such a request.

If it is feasible I would also like having the possibility to choose panel textures in a smaller resolution, since apparently the quality remains quite good. @Those who tried resizing textures: could you post some screenshots, if possible? Thanks!

Fabrizio Sassi

Captains, we're setting something up for you. Hang tight.
GREAT NEWS, thanks to my friend Sean Campbell!

GREAT NEWS, thanks to my friend Sean Campbell!
Oi Gabriel, tudo bem?
@Those who tried resizing textures: could you post some screenshots, if possible? Thanks!
Here, I posted some today.http://forum.avsim.net/topic/343568-pmdg-ngx-fps-comparison-shots-at-jfk-with-core2duo/Sean Campbell

Oi Gabriel, tudo bem?
Estou muito bem, Sean! Seu português tem melhorado bastante! LOL!Hope to see you more often here, you introduced a really helpful tweak! Maybe I'm going to wait for the official pack of textures, I'm afraid to do something wrong.

Estou muito bem, Sean! Seu português tem melhorado bastante! LOL!Hope to see you more often here, you introduced a really helpful tweak!
Muito obrigado :-)Hey, by any chance you know what is going on with the freeware SBSP that Rubens Gonsalves is working on? I though it was supposed to be out already. Also the FSX version of Rio de Janeiro V9 for FSX by Newton? Sean Campbell

Muito obrigado :-) Hey, by any chance you know what is going on with the freeware SBSP that Rubens Gonsalves is working on? I though it was supposed to be out already. Also the FSX version of Rio de Janeiro V9 for FSX by Newton? Sean Campbell
Sean, unfortunately Rubens died about 4 weeks ago. Paulo and Magrão are finishing the work by themselves, and I must say: it's AWESOME. I saw some final development screenshots, expect an incredibly hi-quality, low-impact scenario.I have no information about Rio V9, but Paulo is about to announce the Mega Rio for FSX with my SBRJ in it. The development is winding slow, but it's not stopped. Stay tuned to the terra-brasilis forum!