Sign in to follow this  
Schullebernd

Crash to Desktop when loading NGX - My Solution (X52 Flight Sysstem)

Hello all,after a complete afternoon of testing I've found out why I get a crash to desktop (CTD) when loading the NGX. It happens when loading the plane in Free Flight Menu and also if you first start a flight with f.e. a cesna and then load the NGX. I've reinstalled the plane and all VC++ 2008 redistributables with no luck. The last option was to start fsx and load the plane while my Saitek X52 Flight System is not connected to the computer. And surprise surprise everything works. I can't believe it but it's true. I can reproduce by plugging in the X52 System and the start fsx and load the NGX --> CTD!!! You can plugin the X52 after successfull load of the NGX and it will work. Greets Marcel

This "workaround" will not work for those using FSUIPC for axis assignments, as FSUIPC must have the controller connected at launch. Also, not loading the default Cessna is covered in the intro manual. Glad you're flying now!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

This "workaround" will not work for those using FSUIPC for axis assignments, as FSUIPC must have the controller connected at launch.
Good Point! Thanks for that.The support team suggested me to remove the "Previous Flight.x" files from the MyDocuments\FlightSimulatorX-Files Folder. After removing the files I could load my NGX while the Flight System is plugged in to the computer.These are the files:Previous Flight.FLTPrevious Flight.FSSAVEPrevious Flight.WXPrevious Flight.FMC
Also, not loading the default Cessna is covered in the intro manual.
I know this but I had no other chance as to try this... Greets

All my flying thus far has been through a) Loading saved flight direct from Free flight or :( Loading e.g. the Ultralight, then loading NGX from menu. I'm aware both are contra-indicated by PMDG, but I get to fly this way, and so that's what I'll do. If someone else benefits from this info, great. PMDG are working on my ticket, I'm happy with that; in the meantime, I'll do whatever I need to, to fly. Paul Scholey

Paul Skol

Hello all, Marcel, thanks for the golden tip! I struggled two days with the same problem and tried everything (reinstalls of NGX, VC's, DirectX). The strange thing this problem only occurred after a few days of fine running... In my case it seems to be triggered by an install of a livery. I'm in contact with Ryan about it. I'll hope they can find the real cause. Regards,Jeroen

this solution did not work for my.Firma con problemas:Nombre del evento de problema: APPCRASHNombre de la aplicación: fsx.exeVersión de la aplicación: 10.0.61637.0Marca de tiempo de la aplicación: 46fadb14Nombre del módulo con errores: PMDG_737NGX.DLLVersión del módulo con errores: 1.0.0.0Marca de tiempo del módulo con errores: 4e3afb98Código de excepción: c0000005Desplazamiento de excepción: 00057590Versión del sistema operativo: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1Id. de configuración regional: 3082 thanksAngel Perez

This "workaround" will not work for those using FSUIPC for axis assignments, as FSUIPC must have the controller connected at launch.
Which we specifically say not to do in the intro manual... the NGX doesn't need it, we process the joystick ourselves.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

this solution did not work for my.Firma con problemas:Nombre del evento de problema: APPCRASHNombre de la aplicación: fsx.exeVersión de la aplicación: 10.0.61637.0Marca de tiempo de la aplicación: 46fadb14Nombre del módulo con errores: PMDG_737NGX.DLLVersión del módulo con errores: 1.0.0.0Marca de tiempo del módulo con errores: 4e3afb98Código de excepción: c0000005Desplazamiento de excepción: 00057590Versión del sistema operativo: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1Id. de configuración regional: 3082 thanksAngel Perez
Have you deleted the previous Flight Files in my documents/Flight Simulator X Folder?

Which we specifically say not to do in the intro manual... the NGX doesn't need it, we process the joystick ourselves.
Well Ryan, I have other add ons ya know.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules