Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Issues : Saitek and 737NGX

Hi all, Up to now I am having some difficulties to program the Saitek Yoke and Quadrant so that they work with the 737NGX.In FSX I only use the HAT button. All the rest is not in use.I only use FSUIC What I have experienced : after having done the throttles and flaps I programmed the airbrake lever in FSUIPC ( Joystick axes ). When moving the airbrake the throttle thrust reverse levers moved also.I then removed the complete FSUIPC ini file and let FSUIPC make a new one. Finally it seemed that it started to work, but after having programmed the 2 throttle levers lowest part ( below click ) for thrust reversers the flaps lever made the thrust reverse levers work too. Also I found out that after shutting down FSX and rebooting it all levers/buttons work correctly , but within a few minutes issues start to appear.Eg : I was taxiing on the runway and wanted to go a little faster. Only a small move with the throttles made the engines already go 50%. When I checked the calibration in FSUIPC it all looked right.Rebooting FSX made it all work correctly again ( for a few minutes ) . In the meantime I reprogrammed other aircrart : MD-11 , CS 757 and default 737/747 and they work correctly with my Saitek hardware. All suggestions are welcome.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Guest Turboblower

I believe PMDG are waiting for Pete Dowson to look at how the NGX interfaces with FSUIPC, so for the meantime, you need to use fsx calibration and cotroller set up.

I also use the Saitek with dual throttle quadrants in the same way (with just the HAT functions - everything else is handled by FSUIPC) and have absolutely no issues with any axes - they work perfectly. The only problem is configuring buttons for heading bug, speed, altitude etc. - but the way PMDG has set up the virtual cockpit, I do manage to set the MCP using my mouse. One way around that, would be to set up mouse makros - but it is not so ideal - so I hope there will be a different solution - maybe through a special LUA file or something.

Hello,I also use dual throttle quadrants with registered FSUIPC 4.70b and I have some problems with landing gear operations. When I configure "Gear Up" and "Gear Down" in FSUIPC using buttons on Saitek Throttle Quadrants they don't work. I have to use keyboard to assign short-cuts for gear behaviours. I hope Pete Dowson will update his FSUIPC to be fully compatible with NGX :) All axes work perfectly :)All best.

Adrian

I believe PMDG are waiting for Pete Dowson to look at how the NGX interfaces with FSUIPC, so for the meantime, you need to use fsx calibration and cotroller set up.
Many thanks ! I now have programmed all TQ levers in FSX and everything else in FSUIPC.Finally it is working. Might be some interfearing from another running addon proces I have on my pc.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Hello,I also use dual throttle quadrants with registered FSUIPC 4.70b and I have some problems with landing gear operations. When I configure "Gear Up" and "Gear Down" in FSUIPC using buttons on Saitek Throttle Quadrants they don't work. I have to use keyboard to assign short-cuts for gear behaviours. I hope Pete Dowson will update his FSUIPC to be fully compatible with NGX :) All axes work perfectly :)All best.
The problem is with the NGX not FSUIPC. If you look at the key commands for the NGX there is only an option to assign a command for Gear Up/Down. Just one command. It is mapped to G by default. Needs to be addressed by PMDG to work.

I use the Saitek X52 set up. Most all of my buttons work with the NGX. Except the one programmred to turn on and off the autopilot CMD master. The Z key I believe. It will disconnect the autopilot but will not engage it. And of course it works just fine with every other aircraft I have except the PMDG NGX. I now do a lot of low hand flying lately tring to activate the autopilot. Yes I try the Z key and a mouse click on the command button eventually. Actually I am ready to give up on the whole thing.

I have no problem with my Saitek flight yoke, throttle quadrant and rudder pedal. The problem I'm having with is my Saitek Multi, Radio and switch panels.

I have no problem with my Saitek flight yoke, throttle quadrant and rudder pedal. The problem I'm having with is my Saitek Multi, Radio and switch panels.
Sadly, those saitek pro panels were only designed to operate FS DEFAULT aircraft. Anything that works beyond that is pure bonus stuff.

Anyone know how to set the Saitek throttles to use the full range for throttle only? Right now my throttles have to be at the 50 percent mark to get idle thrust in the NGX. Less than 50 percent on the Saitek switches to reverse thrust in the NGX. So when taxiing I always end up kicking in the reversers trying to find idle. EDIT: Ok, figured it out. In FSUIPC (registered) I clicked the Axis Assignment tab. I then set to Aircraft Specific. Then I clicked Rescan to and moved Throttle 1 on the Saitek to idle. Once it picked up the movement on Throttle 1, I then selected the Send to FS as normal axis under type of action required, then underneath that clicked the checkbox on the first dropdown, then chose Axis Throttle 1 Set in the dropdown. I then moved the Throttle 1 on the Saitek to idle again, and clicked the FROM button under the range setup area. I then moved the throttle to full thrust, and clicked the TO button under the range settings area. Did the same for Throttle 2 (choosing Axis Throttle 2 Set). For reverse thrust, I used the Buttons + Switches tab in FSUIPC to attach the reversers to the reverse detent on the Saitek. To do this, go to the buttons + switches tab in FSUIPC. Click the Aircraft Specific checkbox. Then click Reload all Buttons. Next move the Saitek throttle 1 to the reverse detent position and it should identify it as Joystick Button 20 (or something like that). Next, under Control sent when button pressed, choose Throttle 1 Decr, check the Control to repeat while held checkbox, then choose Throttle 1 Cut in the next dropdown. Do the same for Throttle 2. Now, when you push the Saitek throttles down to the reverse detent, the reversers should come on full. Unfortunately, there's no ability to control the amount of thrust reverser using this method. Hope this helps someone.

Tony