Sign in to follow this  
VIPERGTSR01

RTO brake heat strange discovery (pictures)

As I stated in another thread I was having trouble with the brakes in a rejected takeoff, my issue was from 130 knots I would only get down to rougly 80 knots before the brake temp went to max (10) and I lost the brakes, well with more testing I have found a strange discovery Here is my problem: 737-800WL, 57.3 tonnes GW, Steel brakes RTO (using autobrake RTO fuction) with use of full reverse thrust and spoiler deployment at just prior to V1 around 128knots Pic showing brake temp brake temp on acceleration (0.0 on all brakes) 6031361063_c3d926a655_b.jpg And picture just after brake temps just shot to 10 and my brakes failed 6031919594_23070e6886_b.jpg As you can see I am still over 70 knot but with no working wheel brakes at all, only reversers Ok well here is where it gets interesting, I did the same test but this time with no reversers at all this is after my 125-130knot RTO using brakes only, NO reversers were used in this test only brakes. 6031917546_66aeb6f2e2_b.jpg This time the brakes only got to 5.2, which is hot but as you would expect. So the problem for me is the something is setting off the brake temps to max at around 80knots unless I don't use the reversers. Earlier with the brakes 10 I did a take off and put the aircraft into a hold to see if hanging the gear in the wind would get the temp down, but it must be so high that even after 30 mins or so they still didn't drop. Mods at the time of this test PMDG 737NGX (duh)Obrx AU BlueRex 2.0 airport YPED rwy 36, default weather was used. I can repeat this at will *edited due to getting some pics mixed up*

Edited by VIPERGTSR01

Nobody? Guess I will submit a support ticket tommorrow then.I did a full weight max autobrake landing with full reversers and they failed again as I expected at around 80knots (the brake temp rises normally then instant 10 and failure) but only with reversers, without I did a full weight RTO and they got upto 6.0.