I just completed printing ALL of the documentation that is delivered with the PMDG 737-NGX. This includes the Introduction & Use, Tutorial One, Quick Reference Handbook, The Flight Crew Training Manual, and both Volumes of the Flight Crew Operations Manual. I thought I would save some money. Here are my thoughts and conclusions on this massive project. MY COSTS: Paper- I bought a case of copy paper from Office Depot on sale for $30.00. I used 7 packs of 10 so $21 total. Ink- My computer has refillable ink cartridges and I buy bulk ink. Estimated $20.00 on ink. Binders- 6 four inch binders @ $12 each. 2 three inch binders @ $7 each, so $86.00 on binders. Chapter Dividers- $25 Time- Esoteric estimation: 40 hours actual. While the printer was doing it's thing, I was collating, punching and installing previous print runs (50 pages to each print run). Made the chapter dividers, reloaded ink, made the exterior binder pages, etc. I already had the printer and ink, the paper slicer, and three hole punch. If you don't have these items, add another $35.00 to the price tag. I could have paid one of my grandkids to do this, and that would have been another $100. If your printer doesn't have refillable ink cartridges, you could add another $40.00 in ink costs. My fingers hurt, my eyes are going buggy, I broke my office chair rolling constantly from the printer to the computer and now my printer makes strange noises and emits a faint burning smell. Conclusion: If anyone wants me to do this for them, the cost is $2500. I really should have bought this: http://www.precision...3&idcategory=20

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Should have put the pdf's on a jump drive and went to Kinko's.

Eric 

Careful what you wish for. I ordered the FCOM and QRH printed versions, and made the mistake of selecting USPS for shipping, which has conveniently gone missing somewhere in the world. While I am getting a lot of help from PMDG to track it down (I must emphasise this - thanks Robert), as it stands right now I am down about $300 and having nothing to show for it, and I get the feeling I won't see anything for it.

David Porrett

Anyone put their manuals on their E-Book yet. ? If so, how does that work out for you ? Alos, for those that do not like to read, the 737NG CBT could be an option to get up to speed with the systems,(Once you get past the juvenile introduction). Hypnotized.gif Geoff

Each one of those manuals is protected by copyright, I'm afaid you'll have to destroy them. :0

Careful what you wish for. I ordered the FCOM and QRH printed versions, and made the mistake of selecting USPS for shipping, which has conveniently gone missing somewhere in the world. While I am getting a lot of help from PMDG to track it down (I must emphasise this - thanks Robert), as it stands right now I am down about $300 and having nothing to show for it, and I get the feeling I won't see anything for it.
No USPS tracking number? ....if there is no tracking number then forget it, you're done. If there is and the USPS can't find it then you can file a claim.

Alos, for those that do not like to read, the 737NG CBT could be an option to get up to speed with the systems,(Once you get past the juvenile introduction). Hypnotized.gif
True, but not everyone might have the chance to get them. sig.gif

Funny you should mention that. I did take a jump drive down to our local version of Kinko's. The owner disappeared into the back room for a few minutes to work up an estimate, then returned shortly telling me that the content was copyright protected and unless I gave him signed permission from the Boeing company, he could not print anything. I snatched the jump drive from his hand before he called the Department of Homeland Security and kept my jump drive as evidence.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Haha, I also printed all my manuals cool.png . When I first saw they were $300 from PMDG I was like you must be joking! I'll just print them! Then I did. Story is a little different now :mellow.png

that would have cost over 1,000$ to print and bind at Kinko's .. my guess

I purchased the FCOMs from PMDG, but the QRH is what I should really have. Anyone care to share how to chapter that baby and proper print format/binding size so I can print it? Dennis? Or will it cost me? :)

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

No USPS tracking number? ....if there is no tracking number then forget it, you're done. If there is and the USPS can't find it then you can file a claim.
Yep, tracking number was issued. No information after it left the USA. I'll investigate whether I can file a claim.Thks for the advice.

David Porrett

These are a little cheaper,http://www.cockpitcompanion.com/servlet/the-EMERGENCY-PROCEDURES-GUIDE/Categories

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”