Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

g3d.dll workaround

I wanted to post this in a high traffic area so more folks could test look at post #33 here http://forum.avsim.n...25#entry2068674 I can get this error in orbx scenery with a pmdg or other high end ac constantly, adding the line MissingLibraryAlert=1 to the scenery section of the fsx cfg seems to stop fsx from crashing now when the error occurs, instead I'm prompted that an error occurred then after saying OK my flight will continue, so far this is working great in dealing with the g3d.dll, it does not stop it but at least I can continue my flight, Thanks to Guenter

I added this to my cfg and did a flight from SFO-SEA and when I was on approach I got that error box to pop up initially and I hit ok and it went back to the flight. However, as i passed through 12000 ft I got another error and before I could hit ok, the sim crashed with the g3d.dll faulting. Why did I get two errors and why was the second one overridden? My scenery settings are lower than what PMDG recommends and my TML was at 1024.

I wanted to post this in a high traffic area so more folks could test look at post #33 here http://forum.avsim.n...25#entry2068674 I can get this error in orbx scenery with a pmdg or other high end ac constantly, adding the line MissingLibraryAlert=1 to the scenery section of the fsx cfg seems to stop fsx from crashing now when the error occurs, instead I'm prompted that an error occurred then after saying OK my flight will continue, so far this is working great in dealing with the g3d.dll, it does not stop it but at least I can continue my flight, Thanks to Guenter
have u posted this in the orbox forum at all?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

have u posted this in the orbox forum at all?
Yes, they said they are looking into it.

I also suffer from this orbx/ngx issue i get a CTD from YSCB-YSTW just before top of descent never fails i will give this fix a try thanks for your controbution i hope an offical fix is in the making