Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Dome light issues - HOW TO FIX

YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO THIS IF YOU INSTALLED THE 16AUG HOTFIX OR PURCHASED THE FULL INSTALLER ON OR AFTER 16AUG. Vin discovered a bit ago that there was an error when we created the aircraft.cfg files for the hotfix that disabled the dome light in the VC - here's what you need to do to fix it: (Big kudos to user Paul Deemer who independently figured this out on his own tonight as well here - http://forum.avsim.n...-problem-fixed/ ) 800WL: 1. Go to the FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX WL folder and open the aircraft.cfg file in notepad - find the [LIGHTS] section 2. Highlight both the [LIGHTS] and [sMOKESYSTEM] sections completely and paste this data over top of it:

[LIGHTS]//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo, 10=cabinlight.0 = 4, 47.000, 0.0, 5.500, fx_PMDG_NGX_vclightlight.1 = 4, 45.500, 0.0, 4.500, fx_PMDG_NGX_vclight [sMOKESYSTEM]smoke.0 = 46.000, 00.000, 5.000, fx_PMDG_NGX_vclightsmoke.1 = 47.000, -1.000, 5.000, fx_PMDG_NGX_vclightsmoke.2 = 47.000, 1.000, 5.000, fx_PMDG_NGX_vclight

3. Save the file. 900WL: Same process but use this data:

[LIGHTS]//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo, 10=cabinlight.0 = 4, 51.500, 0.0, 5.500, fx_PMDG_NGX_vclightlight.1 = 4, 50.000, 0.0, 4.500, fx_PMDG_NGX_vclight [sMOKESYSTEM]smoke.0 = 50.500, 00.000, 5.000, fx_PMDG_NGX_vclightsmoke.1 = 51.500, -1.000, 5.000, fx_PMDG_NGX_vclightsmoke.2 = 51.500, 1.000, 5.000, fx_PMDG_NGX_vclight

You should have a working dome light now - sorry about this.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

why not hotfix this is issue? Plus i hear folks talking about the second hotfix .. but only see on hotfix thread pinned. .... and dont see any on the site ..... same for you guys?

Hello,Personally i was not experiencing any problem with the NGX. And when i patched it with the hotfix, my aircraft began to freeze.I dont know if i have done something wrong or can I just wait for the SP1. Because i had to uninstall and reinstall it...Maybe the previous hotfixes are required by this one but i can't find them... Thank you

Guest Turboblower

Hotfix 2 supercedes hotfix 1. Forget about hotfix 1. It is a simple process of copy and paste to fix the above issue. Hardly warrants another install routine.

Hotfix 2 supercedes hotfix 1. Forget about hotfix 1. It is a simple process of copy and paste to fix the above issue. Hardly warrants another install routine.
Could you explain me how to get the first hotfix? Is it a MUST to install thoses hotfixes?

Could you explain me how to get the first hotfix?
You don't. The second hotfix includes everything from the first hotfix. No need to install both of them, just the second one.

Mine seems to be okay after the second hotfix downloaded and installed yesterday 16:50. UTC. No need to do the above??

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Mine seems to be okay after the second hotfix downloaded and installed yesterday 16:50. UTC. No need to do the above??
Same here - downloaded and installed around midnight EST.

There's a hotfix 3 going up shortly - fixes the activation bugs that were in hotfix 2. It also does contain new cfgs that are correct.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

There's a hotfix 3 going up shortly - fixes the activation bugs that were in hotfix 3. It also does contain new cfgs that are correct.
Hi Ryan I reinstalled last night which had the latest hotfix in, i have updated the dome lights today, but with this new update will i need that aswell// thank you

I would install it yes - there's other fixes going into these hotfixes too besides the freeze stuff - these are building toward SP1. If you want the latest stuff, you'll want these.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

I would install it yes - there's other fixes going into these hotfixes too besides the freeze stuff - these are building toward SP1. If you want the latest stuff, you'll want these.
Ok well ill just pop them in then when there ready... Thank you Ryan

havnt downloaded any hot fixes yet going to wait till sp1 comes out since ngx is going well for me

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi Ryan, I installed hotfix 2 last night after completing a fresh install of NGX to clear hotfix 1, which seemed to be causing me problems that I hadn't been getting before i.e. low memory CDTs on a more regular basis. I set up the AoA Nicks demo takeoff flight EGKK to EHRD, although I quit the flight at 5000ft, it did seem a lot more stable with the EZdok views changing a lot more crisply. The hot fix has cleared an issue I had in the CDU when setting up this particular flight. This was when I line selected FL200 at the cruise altitude the CDU started to act strangely and the flight controls refused to cooperate. Last night I had set up with a full load and the CDU even came up with the warning that FL200 was unachievable, but allowed me to correct, where before it just threw a wobbler. I checked my dome light in the 800WL version and it was working after power was applied but seemingly not on battery power alone. Does the above fix correct that? Thanks Phil Broadhurst