Sign in to follow this  
Wothan

737 NGX model files - I wonder

I wonder why all seats and interior for the cabin are modelled for the external model when it´s not for the VC model. Loading the 737 NGX in external view I briefly see the "skeleton" with all passenger seats.In internal view (VC view) moving back inorder to get into the cabin I get outside the aircraft instead and can see the cockpit "Box" with the PMDG logo - but not the cabin with seats. I don´t care about the cabin - the cockpit is sufficient for me to have modelled - also because that helps FPS. I just wonder why all the seats has been modelled in the external model where You hardly can see the seats anyway.This requires alot of Polygons and extra textures, which eats up FPS. FinnJ

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

The FPS are higher in the External Model, than the VC, despite all the extra detail. It's the Internal Model (VC) that you are really fighting for more FPS. Might be a different story when you are parked at a gate on Vatsim, next to a few other PMDG 737s. !!

The FPS are higher in the External Model, than the VC, despite all the extra detail. It's the Internal Model (VC) that you are really fighting for more FPS. Might be a different story when you are parked at a gate on Vatsim, next to a few other PMDG 737s. !!
The actual cockpit part of the VC is more complicated than the external model... Framerate has very little to do with the geometric complexity anyway though. In spot view you have no mouse clickspots, gauges being updated etc.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The actual cockpit part of the VC is more complicated than the external model... Framerate has very little to do with the geometric complexity anyway though. In spot view you have no mouse clickspots, gauges being updated etc.
Thats not right... The number of polygons has alot to do with FPS in FSX. The number of polygons on the external model might not affect FPS while in the VC, but the number of polygons used in the VC can have a high impact on FPS while in the VC. FinnJ

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home