Sign in to follow this  
VirginAus737

Interesting 777 Order

Hello, A bit off topic here bur we are all pretty interested in the 777 so here is some real world news. My father is good friends with the owner of airliners.net and was invited to a meeting at Qantas. He was actually taken for a one on one talk with someone. He was told that Qantas have some of their pilots training with Cathay Pacific. GE's leasing division have ordered 8 777-300ERs I think and they believe that 6 will go to Qantas. This comes after Qantas post poning the delivery of their next couple of A380s to 2019 which is basically a cancellation. Could we be seeing this: 00009772.jpg Just thought there may be a few interested and this is where a lot of 777 fans are hanging out. Regards, Andrew Cary

Wrong place to post. This should be in Real Aviation Photos.

The Qantas livery does look very nice on the 777. Do you know if they would be flying into YBBN? Big Grin.gif

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

please, if you had of read the post fully you would see why I posted it here. There are people here who only really use this forum so please that are into the 777.

To be real honest I dont think qantas will be getting these, they are suspending the london route and that will be operated by a code share with BA and it will but up to 1000 jobs. Meanwhile JAL and Qantas are starting a new low cost airline Jetstar asia. I really dont think qantas will or should get those

Give it a google and have a look. It sounds weird that they have pilots training in 777

Another honorary forum cop ... im Not Worthy.gif

David Porrett

777 would help them out on their KDFW-YSSY route. Relieve some of the range anxiety while carrying the high revenue cargo without rerouting through KLAX.

Chuck Biggins