Sign in to follow this  
nawarren

L/H Throttle no thrust

Hi guys, First off a big thank you to PMDG for an amazing A/C. Was never a big fan of the 737 but all that has changed with this software. Awesome and by far the most realistic A/C for flightsim. This will take some beating! Now to my problem. I have an annoying issue where I cannot get thrust on engine no.1. The thrust lever moves physically in the vc but I get no increase in N1. Have also noticed L/H bleed indicator is on zero. I have normal fuel flow, N2 etc. Just no increase in thrust. /generator 1 is showing 400hz and 115v, so is providing electrics. Engine no.2 has always worked fine. This issue is on different A/C ie. 737-800 737-900. Seems to occur more if loading cold and dark setup. When coutdown from 18 secs to 0 in external view I see engine no.1 has reverser deployed. This is an indicator that throttle will not be responsive. Have a thrustmaster warthog. I have tried disabling joystick, changing calibration, etc. makes no difference. I have seen a similar post for no engine response, so it seems to not be just me. Does anyone have any ideas? Whats weird is that I can visually see the thrust lever move when i move my throttle, however N1 does not move from idle. Have tried shutting down engine 1 and restarting, makes no differnence. If I load sim from select flight with engines running all seems to work ok. Both engines working as normal. Cheers Neil

Follow this start up procedure fully. 1: Packs and recirc pumps off.2: RH fuel cutoff On3: RH engine start switch GRD4: Leave it. Dont touch anything. Wait till the RH engine has fully levelled out.5: LH cutoff switch on6: LH starter GRD#7: Same as 4.8: Packs auto. That should work. I believe thats caused by trying to start the second engine while the first has not fully started

Hi Di, Thanks for quick response, Don't believe that is the problem. This issue happens when I try starting eng no.1 first. As far as I'm aware you should be able to start 1 first. Also the no.1 eng reverser should not start deployed! Thanks Neil

Actually the procedures say start No.2 first. But yes....that shouldnt happen. Try calibrating the throttles through FSX, not through FSUIPC

Yea, it's a weird one. I have tried calibrating in FSX. Makes no difference. Whats really odd is that the thrust lever moves visually exactly as thrust lever 2 which works fine. As i move my throttle thrust lever 1 matches it fine. Where I think there is a deeper issue is the fact i seem to have no eng 1 bleed air, although engine dials show idle n1, n2 egt , fuel flows, oil pressures etc. Cheers Neil

Neil, Are you using a custom panel state for your cold and dark? Have you tried to revert back to the default start up state (delete selected panel state in CDU setup)? Hope it helps,

Thats what i got and was fixed with what i did. I thought it was caused because the left engine is trying to use all the aircrafts power to start, but the right engine still needs power to finish starting up. Im probably wrong

Hi Mat, I have mainly been using the cold and dark option in CDU that was already there. I have not saved any. Do you think the default cold and dark maybe corrupted. Should I try saving a cold and dark setup of my own? Cheers Neil

Neil, You can try and see if you get the same problem. Another thing that comes to mind is the dreaded E+1+2 but you said you can see the throttle in the VC move but no response from the engine based on the engine displays? Oh, and to rule out your controller. Please unplug it and try. Disabling it apparently doesn't disconnect it completely according to the devs. Cheers,

Hi Mat, I will try this when I get a chance. I suppose unplugging it will completely discount it as an issue. Thanks again Neil

Actually the procedures say start No.2 first. But yes....that shouldnt happen. Try calibrating the throttles through FSX, not through FSUIPC
Unless you are performing a ground air start followed by an engine-crossbleed start procedure.

What difference is there as to which engine is started first? As far as i'm aware on a standard start both engines use APU bleed to spin up the compressor, start switch to gnd provides ignition and fuel cut off to idle provides fuel. This is the same for eng 1 and 2. I'd imagine the only reason to start eng 2 first was to do with a system that runs off eng 2. eg. brake source. Cheers Neil

I'm not sure. I'm not a real life pilot, I'm just doing this as a hobby. Thats just what is in the startup procedures. Ask a real world NG pilot

What difference is there as to which engine is started first?
haven't i read in the documentation of the LD767 or any other twin engine jet aircraft add-on that one should try to change that order for every flight? for the simple reason to balance out a difference between them in total time of use.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

But that can be corrected by shutting down the engine you started first first.