Sign in to follow this  
trisager

SIDs, STARs, and Approach Transitions - Worked Example

It's a great example, however maybe you'd like to add this free method for having a flightplan file which can be loaded into the FMC. It would be practical especially for long routes.
Good tip, thanks - I'd forgotten about Simroutes.

This is an awesome post. It is literally exactly what I have been looking for.Many thanks for taking the time to write and post. I can't tell you enough how much I appriciate it.

This is an awesome post. It is literally exactly what I have been looking for.
Absolutely! I re-flew my flight from EGKK to EHRD twice tonight with two different approaches. The transitions worked out beautifully. I can't thank trisager enough for this tutorial. The world is my lobster now! :smile:Can anyone recommend any good sceneries for Copenhagen and Oslo. Gonna give this flight a go later in the week.

Ed Haslam

Hey gang, this is so very good that I made a PDF file from the post for you to download and practice, practice, practice. Thanks Tom. Downloadable Tutorial here. Pg1.jpgPg2.jpg Click below to download Ray

Edited by raymar

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Here are some screenshots taken while using the tutorial with AivlaSoft's EFB. Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Here are some screenshots taken while using the tutorial with AivlaSoft's EFB. Ray
Er... do those maps and charts things come with EFB...? Or do you have to search for them on the internet and import them somehow? I was put off buy the high preice off EFB, but if it comes with all charts...?

Excellent idea to make a .pdf, Ray.

Er... do those maps and charts things come with EFB...? Or do you have to search for them on the internet and import them somehow? I was put off buy the high preice off EFB, but if it comes with all charts...?
One of the main things that EFB does is generate charts based on the scenery you have installed and AIRAC data from Navigraph. All the images (except the first, I think) in Ray's post are created using EFB. There is no need to import charts and maps. / Tom

yea the fact that EFB uses upto date Airac cycles from Navgraph its its key point and why I love it so much. Ive been trying to find charts for canada airports but some are hard to track down even Navgraph only shows the large fields. and the ones I find seem to be many years out of date.

Excellent idea to make a .pdf, Ray. One of the main things that EFB does is generate charts based on the scenery you have installed and AIRAC data from Navigraph. All the images (except the first, I think) in Ray's post are created using EFB. There is no need to import charts and maps. / Tom
Ok, interesting... So with EFB you don't need any charts anymore...? I just am learning to read charts, hehehe... BTW Since a picture paints a thousand words, I made screenshots of the charts you mention in your OP, so peple can quickly see what it is all about: SID 177SID.jpg STAR 657STAR.jpg APPROACH 451TRANS.jpg

To show and follow your route on Google Earth, if you have EFB, you can export your flight plan as a kml file, load it into Google Earth, and then use FS Earth (http://www.wideview.it/fsearth/) to follow your plane along the route. Robert Chartoff