Sign in to follow this  
Soya

Something wonderful has arrived and its not from PMDG.

It is the latest scenery release by Earth Simulations, Guernsey/Sark & Herm, 3 of the islands which make up part of the Channel Islands in the UK near the French coast. I very rarely get excited or rave about any of the latest FSX addon releases but this is something special, something extraordinary. In my time I have used many excellent scenery addons, from the likes of Orbx/Megascenery X/Horizon VFR/AS Germany VFR/NL2000v4/Blue Sky Scenery etc. Many are excellent and do a really good job of depicting the area they cover but now something has arrived which takes scenery realism/detail and accuracy to a whole new level, Earth Simulation's Guernsey. Combining high resolution photoreal imaging, highly detailed water masking, complex mesh depicting shearing cliffs and sloping hills and hand made/hand placed custom made 3D autogen showing every structure, building, house, tree and bush! Not only that, the scenery comes in 5 different seasons (winter & hard winter) which shows off the amazing transformation of the landscape during each season. After spending several days flying and exploring this scenery I can say with full confidence that this scenery is the most realistic depiction of an area I have ever seen in FSX. In my humble opinion it is 'The Best' scenery to date for FSX, full stop. ES's Guernsey scenery is the equivalent of what PMDG's 737NGX means to all aircraft releases that have come before it, it is in a class of its own! I have made a small compilation of shots to try and show you, the viewer, why I'm raving about this scenery. The shots will hopefully convey and confirm what I have been saying so far, even I feel that my screen shots do not do this amazing scenery justice! I hope in time I can fully explore and grasp this entire scenery and show you more & better shots in the future. But for now do please enjoy a small selection of shots taken from a batch which can be fully viewed HERE Enjoy and as always, all shots are unedited apart from resized & JPG'd. Sky view of Guernsey (largest), Herm (smallest) and Sark.fsx2011-08-0807-04-13-73.jpg A closer view of the Guernsey coast line starts to show some of the detail in this scenery.fsx2011-08-0807-09-32-41.jpg A bird eye view of Guernsey's St.Sampson's area. Here you can see the excellent detail of the 30cm photographic terrain textures and the custom build and hand placed autogen.fsx2011-08-0807-18-48-68.jpg Another bird eye view showing the landscape detail.fsx2011-08-0807-11-43-36.jpg Guernsey seen at early dawn.fsx2011-08-0806-18-00-11.jpg Early morning approach to Guernsey (EGJB) airport.fsx2011-08-0806-04-57-99.jpg A close-up of the airport.fsx2011-08-0723-19-11-09.jpg Coming into view of the beautiful island of Sark.fsx2011-08-0807-25-29-30.jpg A close fly-by show the amazing detail in the terrain mesh used in this scenery, the 1.2m hand edited terrain mesh shows every bump and lump in the landscape.fsx2011-08-0807-27-57-93.jpgfsx2011-08-0807-32-46-94.jpg I really do hope you enjoyed the view and one more thing, get this scenery... now!

Stunning is all I can say at this time

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

I have Alderny that they did and agree it is some darn fine scenery.

WOW! That really is some great scenery!! Hopefully I can get this in a couple paychecks hehe. Your shots look awesome BTW!

Thanks for the comments folks, this scenery really has raised the bar. Can't wait for them to do Jersey.

Very nice scenery, yes, very. Rolling%20Eyes.gif But one thing, with this kind of details maybe a new Harddisk also are included? How many GB's in this scenery?

Very nice scenery, yes, very. Rolling%20Eyes.gif But one thing, with this kind of details maybe a new Harddisk also are included? How many GB's in this scenery?
Alas that is the only downside with highly detailed scenery like this, it requires more HD space. Although it is not too bad, the entire scenery weighs in at @4.2Gb.
Flippin Stunning Soya!!! Wow :)
Thanks Tim, good to hear from you again, it has been a while since I seen you post in any screen shot sections. I miss seeing any screen shots from you but I am sure you are busy with other things. Cheers.
Soya, you're not as active on the Mcphat forums, where have you gone?LoveYour no.1 Fan ;)
Busy with real life I'm afraid, I wish I had more spare time but whenever I do, I will try to share anything new I have. Thanks for your support.
Wow, I had to laugh at your title, but this is just amazing! im%20Not%20Worthy.gif
Thank you and it is good to laugh :)

Alas that is the only downside with highly detailed scenery like this, it requires more HD space. Although it is not too bad, the entire scenery weighs in at @4.2Gb. Thanks Tim, good to hear from you again, it has been a while since I seen you post in any screen shot sections. I miss seeing any screen shots from you but I am sure you are busy with other things. Cheers. Busy with real life I'm afraid, I wish I had more spare time but whenever I do, I will try to share anything new I have. Thanks for your support. Thank you and it is good to laugh :)
Oh, well when you get back, I'll be ready.Do you have a website or anything I go go to?

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

So! You have taken it upon yourself to attack PMDG have you??? Something wonderful has arrived and IT"S NOT PMDG????? I get it, sure. Apparently you have to crash our PMDG 737 NGX screenshot orgy and cast a dismal pall over the joy we simmers have been having posting PMDG 737 NGX screenshots up until now. I shall bring your post to the attention of the Sarah Palin Volunteer Commitee for UnAmerican Activities (SPVCUA). You got your own self into this boat.
Stop your offence and no politics, please!