Sign in to follow this  
Steve1969

GoFlight EFIS and MCP PRO Partial Interface

I have just posted the above interface (LUA Code) over at Pete Dowson's forum. The EFIS is fully implemented, however the Autopilot has limited functionality because some of the data needed is hidden (until the SDK arrives). Its useful until GoFlight produce something. You will need a copy of FSUIPC to use it. Heres the link: http://forum.simflight.com/topic/69111-pmdg-ngx-goflight-efis-and-mcp-pro-partial-interface/ Best wishesSteve Munn

Stephen Munn

can't get it to work...tried your suggestions on the linked page referenced above, to no avail...sad.png

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I've gotten the knobs on the EFIS and MCPPro to work. No luck with the switches/toggles so far. The digital displays do light and respond but as Steve noted, are not reliable. For starters I had difficulty getting a cut and paste that didn't lose the CR/LF's at the end of the lines. Pasting it first into Wordpad and then a copy from Wordpad into Notepad seem to do it. Still nothing worked until I did the following:1) Changed the FSUIPC entry [AUTO.PMDG 737] to [AUTO.Boeing 737]. In the aircraft.cfgs in my installation "PMDG 737" only appears in the title for the 737-800 House colors. All other 737s start with "Boeing 737". ( I also changed the PMDG 737 to Boeing 737 in the aircraft.cfg.) Will re-visit this naming again tomorrow.2) In Steve's installation instructions there is no space in the entry "1=LuaNGX_AUTO" . Not sure how much this matters, but when I inserted a space, "1=Lua NGX_AUTO" things started working. It's getting late, Yawn.gif so will pursue switches and toggles tomorrow. Thanks to Steve for all his work and I hope this helps.

Regards,

Claude Franklin

I've gotten the knobs on the EFIS and MCPPro to work. No luck with the switches/toggles so far. The digital displays do light and respond but as Steve noted, are not reliable. For starters I had difficulty getting a cut and paste that didn't lose the CR/LF's at the end of the lines. Pasting it first into Wordpad and then a copy from Wordpad into Notepad seem to do it. Still nothing worked until I did the following:1) Changed the FSUIPC entry [AUTO.PMDG 737] to [AUTO.Boeing 737]. In the aircraft.cfgs in my installation "PMDG 737" only appears in the title for the 737-800 House colors. All other 737s start with "Boeing 737". ( I also changed the PMDG 737 to Boeing 737 in the aircraft.cfg.) Will re-visit this naming again tomorrow.2) In Steve's installation instructions there is no space in the entry "1=LuaNGX_AUTO" . Not sure how much this matters, but when I inserted a space, "1=Lua NGX_AUTO" things started working. It's getting late, Yawn.gif so will pursue switches and toggles tomorrow. Thanks to Steve for all his work and I hope this helps.
Thanks for identifying my typo. I'll update the instructions. If you don't have any joy with the switches, give me a shout and I'll assist you. Do make sure you have set the MCP PRO to compatiable mode (dashes on the display should appear when you start FSX), you are running the latest version of FSUIPC and you have nothing assigned to the toggle siwtches in GFConfig or via FSUIPC. Best wishesSteve

Stephen Munn

Thanks for identifying my typo. I'll update the instructions. If you don't have any joy with the switches, give me a shout and I'll assist you. Do make sure you have set the MCP PRO to compatiable mode (dashes on the display should appear when you start FSX), you are running the latest version of FSUIPC and you have nothing assigned to the toggle siwtches in GFConfig or via FSUIPC. Best wishesSteve
Glad to have helped with the typo. However, no joy with switches, toggles, buttons!What does work. EFIS: Minimum & Baros knobs. MCPPro; Courses, Spd, Hdg, Alt, V/S Knobs. Only the course displays are lit.In GFConfig both modules are in compatability mode and nothing related to either module is assigned in either GFConfig or FSUIPC. The PMDG hotfixes #2 and #3 have been installed. I'm running FSX SP2, FSUIPC Ver 4.721, GoFlight Ver 2.02, Win 7 (64bit). Will update FSUIPC to Ver 4.726 later today, but doubt that will make a difference to this issue. Now here's a "big guess" ...Is it possible the hotfix code changes within PMDG's files have also affected the Lua progamming? I am not a programmer, but do understand that change a byte here or there and you sometimes have to start over. As some have suggested maybe we just have to patiently (impatiently?) wait for the SDK and the "dust to settle". For now I'm going to move on to other 737NGX issues, but any suggestions are most welcome. Claude

Regards,

Claude Franklin

I have exactly the same config as you apart from fsuipc. I also have the latest hot fix installed.It does feel like something else is intercepting those button presses. You have checked in the VC to see if the lights and displays change?

Stephen Munn

I have exactly the same config as you apart from fsuipc. I also have the latest hot fix installed. It does feel like something else is intercepting those button presses. You have checked in the VC to see if the lights and displays change?
Yes! Press/push any switch or button, flip any toggle and absolutely nothing happens in either the VC (or the 2D panel, for that matter). Its as if some invisible gremlin is sending the modules' communications into the ether. If you have essentially the same config as I, then perhaps there is something else in in my setup that I've overlooked. I do have the LevelD767 installed and the MCPPro works flawlessly and it has worked with the PMDG747. Maybe I should let FSUIPC rebuild its ini file. That's for tomorrow. PS: The MCPPro firmware is A22.

Regards,

Claude Franklin

Hi - this is the same for me (fixing the typo got the LUA to work)--> "However, no joy with switches, toggles, buttons! What does work. EFIS: Minimum & Baros knobs. MCPPro; Courses, Spd, Hdg, Alt, V/S Knobs. Only the course displays are lit. In GFConfig both modules are in compatability mode and nothing related to either module is assigned in either GFConfig or FSUIPC. The PMDG hotfixes #2 and #3 have been installed." -->Exact thing I'm experiencing. I also have dual GF EFIS controls, which work perfectly with the PMDG 744, but the latest GF software always assigns "iFly" to the right EFIS control...wonder if that is causing a problem....(everything works correctly for the iFly NG, set to iFly). Also, MCP PRo firmware is A22. I've installed hotfixes 2 & 3. Any thoughts?

Jim Blake

Hi - this is the same for me (fixing the typo got the LUA to work)--> "However, no joy with switches, toggles, buttons! What does work. EFIS: Minimum & Baros knobs. MCPPro; Courses, Spd, Hdg, Alt, V/S Knobs. Only the course displays are lit. In GFConfig both modules are in compatability mode and nothing related to either module is assigned in either GFConfig or FSUIPC. The PMDG hotfixes #2 and #3 have been installed." -->Exact thing I'm experiencing. I also have dual GF EFIS controls, which work perfectly with the PMDG 744, but the latest GF software always assigns "iFly" to the right EFIS control...wonder if that is causing a problem....(everything works correctly for the iFly NG, set to iFly). Also, MCP PRo firmware is A22. I've installed hotfixes 2 & 3. Any thoughts?
Interesting. Can you unplug the FO's EFIS and try it. Firmware is fine, I have A22 also. Are you running LINDA? Can you provide me with the joystick ID and button number for the VORL on both EFIS also (use button assignments in FSUIPC). I wondering if FSUIPC is using different ID's because you have dual EFIS.

Stephen Munn

"MCPPro; Courses, Spd, Hdg, Alt, V/S Knobs. Only the course displays are lit. In GFConfig both modules are in compatability mode and nothing related to either module is assigned in either GFConfig or FSUIPC. The PMDG hotfixes #2 and #3 have been installed."
Yeah, exactly how mine is working as well. Good job though. Hopefully you can it going 100%, if the SDK is ever released for it?!? Bruce

Bruce Wood

Interesting. Can you unplug the FO's EFIS and try it. Firmware is fine, I have A22 also. Are you running LINDA? Can you provide me with the joystick ID and button number for the VORL on both EFIS also (use button assignments in FSUIPC). I wondering if FSUIPC is using different ID's because you have dual EFIS.
Quick response before we succumb to storm related power outages and I hear rumbles so I'm turning things off in a moment. In my case the EFIS Joystick ID # is 170 and my list for the Mode/Range numbers are different if that helps. MIne are in [ ].SAPR = 0 [16] -- EFIS Mode SelectorsSVOR = 1 [17]SMAP = 2 [18]SPLN = 3 [19]S10 = 0 [20] -- EFIS Range Selectors....S20 = 1 [21]S40 = 2 [22]S80 = 3 [23]S160 = 4 [24]S320 = 5 [25]S640 = 6 [26]

Regards,

Claude Franklin

Quick response before we succumb to storm related power outages and I hear rumbles so I'm turning things off in a moment. In my case the EFIS Joystick ID # is 170 and my list for the Mode/Range numbers are different if that helps. MIne are in [ ].SAPR = 0 [16] -- EFIS Mode SelectorsSVOR = 1 [17]SMAP = 2 [18]SPLN = 3 [19]S10 = 0 [20] -- EFIS Range Selectors....S20 = 1 [21]S40 = 2 [22]S80 = 3 [23]S160 = 4 [24]S320 = 5 [25]S640 = 6 [26]
I need the toggle buttons to do a test. The selector dial values you have provided are not the same as the button values since fsuipc handles those differently. Thanks

Stephen Munn

I need the toggle buttons to do a test. The selector dial values you have provided are not the same as the button values since fsuipc handles those differently. Thanks
Except for the EFIS Mode/Range Selectors my values are the same as yours for all other Buttons & Toggles. FYI, The Minimum Dial reports 30 (clockwise) & 31 (counter clockwise). The Baro Dial reports 28 (clockwise) & 29 (ounter clockwise). Interestingly, I just discovered the MCPPro actually reports two Joystick #s. Had never bothered to check the dials. Joystick #157: Course(Pilot), IAS/MACH, Heading, Altitude, V/S, and Course (F/O). LIke the EFIS dials, FSUIPC reports separate numbers for clockwise/counter clockwise. Joystick #158: All of the other Buttons and Toggles including the 3 push buttons in IAS/Mach, Heading, and Altitude. My values are the same as yours. Sometime later today, I going to try again starting with a fresh version of FSUIPC.ini. Will report results.Claude

Regards,

Claude Franklin

"Interesting. Can you unplug the FO's EFIS and try it. Firmware is fine, I have A22 also.Are you running LINDA?Can you provide me with the joystick ID and button number for the VORL on both EFIS also (use button assignments in FSUIPC). I wondering if FSUIPC is using different ID's because you have dual EFIS." Hi Steve - I am not running LINDA. FSUIPC reports the following: Left EFIS joystick - 170Right EFIS joystick - 171 Like Claude, my MCP Pro is also reporting two joystick numbers, 157 & 158, all controls same as his. Left EFIS (170) & Right EFIS (171) - Selector and Range knobs are same values as yours (16 - 26). Both EFIS buttons/switches:Push DH/MDA - 14Push FPV - 13Push MTRS - 12Push BARO - 15Push WXR - 6Push STA - 5Push WPT - 4Push ARPT - 3Push DATA - 2Push POS - 1Push TERR - 0VOR L - 9ADF L - 8VOR R - 11ADF R - 10Hope this helps!

Jim Blake