Sign in to follow this  
Steve1969

GoFlight EFIS and MCP PRO Partial Interface

OK, code has been completed and I've fed some dummy data into it to test things. It appears to work well with all lights and displays working. It also polls for changes to the AP state so when FS2Crew gets released and the FO makes changes, they will be reflected on the MCP/MCP PRO. So the interface is now complete from a coding perspective, we just need PMDG to release the next hotfix/SP1 so we can actually use it. Best wishesSteve

Stephen Munn

The latest version is up (0.12). Its a major upgrade in readiness for SP1 and full MCP PRO functionality. It also supports the MCP now as well. Some people have had problems which I need to figure out. If other people are struggling please contact me. ThanksSteve

Stephen Munn

My MCPPro sometimes fails during the flight. I have not noticed a pettrn or an event that may be the cuse.

My MCPPro sometimes fails during the flight. I have not noticed a pettrn or an event that may be the cuse.
When you say fails, is it a total freeze?

Stephen Munn

Hi SteveWhere is the link to the new version?My MCP also occasionally fails during flight, nothing works whatsoever, the EFIS says perfect but all buttons and switches on the MCP stop workingDoes seem very random with no set pattern Cheers Paul

Hi SteveWhere is the link to the new version?My MCP also occasionally fails during flight, nothing works whatsoever, the EFIS says perfect but all buttons and switches on the MCP stop workingDoes seem very random with no set pattern Cheers Paul
Its most likely to be the infamous MCP PRO hardware lockup. There is a thread on the very subject over at GoFlight's forum with lots of recommendations. I used to get a lot of these with the Level D 767 but by plugging the MCP directly into the PC and disabling USB2 driver support, the problem became very rare. The new code reduces the amout of dual writing and reading to the MCP which can cause temporary freezing of the displays but it won't lock up the hardware. If you search the file library for MCP it will show up. Be aware that AVSIM didn't remove the old version this time (I have emailed them to remove it), but the version number is in the File Description.

Stephen Munn

Yes Steve, it freezes. Flying now and no problems thus far. edit: The MCPPro frooze when I was selecting a lower altitude.

Hi SteveI have replaced the LUA File in the modules folderWhen I fire up FSX , the course zero digits are there as well as dashes on the IAS,Heading Alt ans VSNothing is working on the MCP or EFISIf I revert back to the older LUA all works as beforeI am still using the Older GO Flight Software 1.93, tried 2.03 with no luck Any Suggestions Thanks in Advance Paul

Hi SteveI have replaced the LUA File in the modules folderWhen I fire up FSX , the course zero digits are there as well as dashes on the IAS,Heading Alt ans VSNothing is working on the MCP or EFISIf I revert back to the older LUA all works as beforeI am still using the Older GO Flight Software 1.93, tried 2.03 with no luck Any Suggestions Thanks in Advance Paul
This was the problem I was trying to track down. Fortunately a chap called Esteban tracked the cause:
Hi Steve, I think I found the problem. With version 4.703 your file 0.12 didn't work. When I updated the FSUIPC to version 4.727, now both versions (0.6 0.12) didn't work. Why the files didn't work with 4.728? I think the reason is in the following(form the update page of FSUIPC. http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/)FSUIPC 4.728 changessince 4.70...30. In order to encourage new or developing FSUIPC users to switch to Profiles for assignments, instead of the older aircraft-specific arrangement, the INI settings for UseProfiles and ShortAircraftNameOk are automatically changed to Yes and Substring respectively if upon loading FSUIPC detects no exisitng use of the aircraft specific facilities....Since I didn't have any aircraft specific facilities (such as buttons or keys or Axes or Joystick) the above switching to UseProfile = Yes and ShortAircraftNameOk= Substring was happening. Since I didn't have profile, and I don't know how to load a LUA using [Auto] similar function under the Profiles setting, the LUA was not loading at all. In order to avoid FSUICP change the settings to what is describe in point 30, added a fictitious aircraft-specific buttons entry in the ini. I added [buttons.321] and made sure the UseProflie was set to NO and the ShortAircraftNameOk to Yes FSUCIP added when loading [buttons.321]ButtonRepeat=20,10 However, since I don't have any aircraft that start with 321, I expect that this won't affect my flying with the NGX or any other aircraft. I hope this makes sense to you and if you know a better fix let me know. I haven't fully test this or your new file (but at least know when I load the MCPRO reponds and sends inputs to the NGX). But I'll do that with in this weekend with several full flights. Thank you for putting out there this wonderful tool. Now I can enjoy Flying the NGX to its full potential. Regards, Esteban Salazar
So the answer would be to create a profile in fsuipc.ini such as:
[Profile.PMDG NGX]1="PMDG 737"2="Boeing 737"[Auto.PMDG NGX]1=Lua NGX_AUTO

Any additional buttons or axes sections for the NGX would then need to be labelled as the profile name e.g.

[buttons.PMDG NGX]

Yes Steve, it freezes. Flying now and no problems thus far. edit: The MCPPro frooze when I was selecting a lower altitude.
Brad, Have you cheked the MCP PRO LOCK UP thread at GoFlight and ensures its not a hardware/config problem? Best wishesSteve

Stephen Munn

I'm trying to get LINDA working with the GoFlight MCP-Pro but it isn't working.I have the latest version of FSUIPC installed, (registered), and have complied with, (well at least I think I have?), all the installation requirements.The LINDA console starts with FSX but it does appear to register an error stating"[E] *** LUA Error: ...es\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\NGX_AUTO.lua:1728: attempt to call field 'terminate' (a nil value)"I have the MCP-Pro and EFIS installed.......Any help would be appreciated.

I'm trying to get LINDA working with the GoFlight MCP-Pro but it isn't working. I have the latest version of FSUIPC installed, (registered), and have complied with, (well at least I think I have?), all the installation requirements. The LINDA console starts with FSX but it does appear to register an error stating "[E] *** LUA Error: ...es\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\NGX_AUTO.lua:1728: attempt to call field 'terminate' (a nil value)" I have the MCP-Pro and EFIS installed....... Any help would be appreciated.
I think first thing to do is to get it to work without Linda. If you rename the file "ipcReady.lua" in the modules directory to something like "ipcReady.lua.OFF" that should disable Linda. enable LUA logging in FSUIPC and try to use the NGX with the script. A log file called NGX_AUTO.log should have been created in the modules directory. See if that file contains any error messages if it doesn't work. Best wishesSteve

Stephen Munn

Hi Stevelatest FSUIPC 4.728 installed with the addition to the INI fileAll back working as before I even have a 0 in the Altitude and all the zeros in the Heading Cant wait till its all up and running Thanks again for your help Paul

Hi Stevelatest FSUIPC 4.728 installed with the addition to the INI fileAll back working as before I even have a 0 in the Altitude and all the zeros in the Heading Cant wait till its all up and running Thanks again for your help Paul
Great. The code is there for displaying everything and for the lights to work, its just that the script is not receiving any data from the NGX until SP1 arrives hence the zero's appearing. Best wishesSteve

Stephen Munn

I have just tested the LUA script v0.12 with the latest hotfix and the displays and lights are working but the code needs a little polishing. I have noticed the following: 1) the displays lag by a unit when turning. e.g. by 100 +/- for altitude;2)the speed symbol display flashing is erractic and unreliable;3) the speed at mach values is not displayed properly. I have already fixed 1) and 3) and currently working on 2). Unfortuantely I'm going out now but will pick the issues up this evening so a fully functional script should by available by about 10.00pm GMT. If you spot anything else, just drop me a line or post on this thread and I'll sort it out. Best wishesSteve

Stephen Munn