Sign in to follow this  
NM5K

Collins MCP

I'm running XP with SP2.. I once installed SP3, but had major issues, and went back to SP2..But.. I think that was on my older box, so maybe I wouldn't have the problems with SP3 now..But... I checked my fonts, and I have the same quartz font in both the OS font folder, andalso in the FSX font folder. So I do have that font installed in both places. But.. Maybe I'll consider trying SP3 again.. In theory, it should be working with what I have,being as I know I have the quartz font installed both in the OS and FSX.Maybe the gauge is calling for a proprietary or different quartz gauge.. But.. none of the seveninstalled PMDG fonts are a quartz font. One is dot matrix, and I don't think it would be using it.I only show one type of quartz font, and as far as I can tell, the one in the XP OS and the one inFSX are the same. They even have the same file size.. "57kb" Hummmm..

I'm running XP with SP2.. I once installed SP3, but had major issues, and went back to SP2..But.. I think that was on my older box, so maybe I wouldn't have the problems with SP3 now..But... I checked my fonts, and I have the same quartz font in both the OS font folder, andalso in the FSX font folder. So I do have that font installed in both places. But.. Maybe I'll consider trying SP3 again.. In theory, it should be working with what I have,being as I know I have the quartz font installed both in the OS and FSX.Maybe the gauge is calling for a proprietary or different quartz gauge.. But.. none of the seveninstalled PMDG fonts are a quartz font. One is dot matrix, and I don't think it would be using it.I only show one type of quartz font, and as far as I can tell, the one in the XP OS and the one inFSX are the same. They even have the same file size.. "57kb"Hummmm..
I can grantee that one of the first things that support will tell you is to make sure you have all your updates and service packs installed.

I can grantee that one of the first things that support will tell you is to make sure you have all your updates and service packs installed.
Don't doubt it.. But I'll only bother them as a last resort... I'm sucking down SP3 as I type, andwill try that bad boy again.. Hope it doesn't booger up my puter like it did last time.. I forgot whatthe problem was... Think it pertained to my TV or sumtin.. I forgot..But I'm on a different puter build now, and different TV card, so I'll see what happens. :/

Sure you can, they are DLL's, you can embed pretty much anything as a resource inside a DLL and use it as a stream to work with it.
Well you have a point there. Still I have not come across any dev that packs his fonts into his gauges. Bitmaps, of course. Sounds, sometimes yes. But no fonts. sig.gif

Yee haw! I guess you all called it right. I d/led SP3 and every update knownto modern man, and Houston, we have correct digits now..So I guess that's one issue that will have a known fix if it pops up again.And when I fly the new Southwest 800's due to be delivered some day, I'llbe able to run the correct MCP. In my case, I'm waiting for the 700's to comeout as that is the current model they are running. Even a lot of the 700's I'veseen of theirs use the newer Collins MCP.collinsfixed.jpg