Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

QW BAe146 night lighting preview video (VC and exterior)

This is looking really nice. The video is from FS9 but I'm sure it will available for FSX at some point.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Funny, I just received an email that CLS is doing one as well. They say that it will be finished in a few months and it will be FSX native. In addition, they stated that it will be more complex than other offerings and will have have an incredible VC. So far, they have only released exterior shots. They will announce it on their website next week. I believe these two releases are going to be in direct competition. The QW version will likely be more advanced and AFAIK, it will be released for FS9/FSX. I don't know if they are planning to convert their model to FSX native. The QW version is also farther along but because QW's will probably be more advanced, I wouldn't be surprised if they are released around the same time. I doubt CLS will be able to match the night lighting options offered by QW but for some, the decision on which one to purchase may come down to price and the availability of a FSX native model. I really don't think that a BAE146 is a "everyday flyer" aircraft like QW's 757 and I would bet that casual 146 users may opt for the cheaper version. By "everyday flyer", I mean an aircraft that is versatile enough to use on a regular basis. For me, I am willing to pay more for an aircraft that I will fly a lot. I'm sure I am not alone with this line of thinking. In addition, I don't think there is enough demand for one of these let along two versions that are similarly situated. The evidence I have for that statement is the fact that no one has replied to this thread. This should be interesting. QW is my favorite developer and I am really glad they have the 787 in production. I would hate for the BAE146 to be the determinate of the developer's future. I believe they picked up the BAE146 in mid production so it was more of a bonus project and not a signature project.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Funny, I just received an email that CLS is doing one as well. They say that it will be finished in a few months and it will be FSX native. In addition, they stated that it will be more complex than other offerings and will have have an incredible VC. So far, they have only released exterior shots. They will announce it on their website next week. I believe these two releases are going to be in direct competition. The QW version will likely be more advanced and AFAIK, it will be released for FS9/FSX. I don't know if they are planning to convert their model to FSX native. The QW version is also farther along but because QW's will probably be more advanced, I wouldn't be surprised if they are released around the same time. I doubt CLS will be able to match the night lighting options offered by QW but for some, the decision on which one to purchase may come down to price and the availability of a FSX native model. I really don't think that a BAE146 is a "everyday flyer" aircraft like QW's 757 and I would bet that casual 146 users may opt for the cheaper version. By "everyday flyer", I mean an aircraft that is versatile enough to use on a regular basis. For me, I am willing to pay more for an aircraft that I will fly a lot. I'm sure I am not alone with this line of thinking. In addition, I don't think there is enough demand for one of these let along two versions that are similarly situated. The evidence I have for that statement is the fact that no one has replied to this thread. This should be interesting. QW is my favorite developer and I am really glad they have the 787 in production. I would hate for the BAE146 to be the determinate of the developer's future. I believe they picked up the BAE146 in mid production so it was more of a bonus project and not a signature project.
That's correct Jeff from what I read myself too the QW is a project they had picked up I don't really have any interest in BAE146 but might pickup from quaitlywings team I don't know the story from the cls development at least people now have a choice since there wasn't anything good out for the BAE146 I just hope the same thing happens with the Boeing 717 hopefully one day it will get picked up by a good team still waiting on the version 2 of the cls Dc-10. :(

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

That's correct Jeff from what I read myself too the QW is a project they had picked up I don't really have any interest in BAE146 but might pickup from quaitlywings team I don't know the story from the cls development at least people now have a choice since there wasn't anything good out for the BAE146 I just hope the same thing happens with the Boeing 717 hopefully one day it will get picked up by a good team still waiting on the version 2 of the cls Dc-10. sad.png
I agree, we need a 717. It would add a lot to all of the great Hawaii scenery.

Yes, a 717 would be very nice. Air Tran uses them fanatically alongside their 737-700 fleet. I do hope PMDG releases that 737-700/600 pack soon...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Thanks for the link the lighting looks great! However, to think there may not be much of a demand for a BAe146 simply because this thread didn't generate a lot of discussion is naive. I think there is a demand for this jet especially from the European market where it was more common in RL. I think there is always a market for most any aircraft if it's done right. PMDG's J41 and A2A Stratocruiser are proof of that. I really hope the QW team will give it more depth system wise and offer more support for hardware users. I bought the 757 but seldom use it because I hate interfacing everything in the VC with the mouse. If they make it hardware friendly then I'll buy it but if interfacing with the VC is the same as their 757 I'll probably look at CLS.

RE Thomason Jr.

Thanks for the link the lighting looks great! However, to think there may not be much of a demand for a BAe146 simply because this thread didn't generate a lot of discussion is naive. I think there is a demand for this jet especially from the European market where it was more common in RL. I think there is always a market for most any aircraft if it's done right. PMDG's J41 and A2A Stratocruiser are proof of that. I really hope the QW team will give it more depth system wise and offer more support for hardware users. I bought the 757 but seldom use it because I hate interfacing everything in the VC with the mouse. If they make it hardware friendly then I'll buy it but if interfacing with the VC is the same as their 757 I'll probably look at CLS.
HelloExactly my feelings regarding QW, I also bought the 757 but deleted it soon after as it was apparent that no hardware support would be forthcoming from the QW team.The guy who replied to me on their forum when I raised the subject of Goflight hardware support did not even realise such hardware existed.So I don't hold out much hope for this project for my own needs.Shame really as graphically the 757 was quite good.

I will be purchasing the BAe146 for sure. Maybe even both versions . Great aircraft, still very popular in Europe, and also used by SA Airlink in South Africahttp://www.smiliner.com/operators/zs.shtml