•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

QW BAe146 night lighting preview video (VC and exterior)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 duckbilled

duckbilled

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,869 posts
  • Joined 11 Years, 1 Month and 22 Days Ago.

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:01 AM

This is looking really nice. The video is from FS9 but I'm sure it will available for FSX at some point.
Jeff

Save a Life: adopt a retired racing greyhound

Posted Image

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 duckbilled

duckbilled

Member - 1,000+

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:14 PM

Funny, I just received an email that CLS is doing one as well. They say that it will be finished in a few months and it will be FSX native. In addition, they stated that it will be more complex than other offerings and will have have an incredible VC. So far, they have only released exterior shots. They will announce it on their website next week. I believe these two releases are going to be in direct competition. The QW version will likely be more advanced and AFAIK, it will be released for FS9/FSX. I don't know if they are planning to convert their model to FSX native. The QW version is also farther along but because QW's will probably be more advanced, I wouldn't be surprised if they are released around the same time. I doubt CLS will be able to match the night lighting options offered by QW but for some, the decision on which one to purchase may come down to price and the availability of a FSX native model. I really don't think that a BAE146 is a "everyday flyer" aircraft like QW's 757 and I would bet that casual 146 users may opt for the cheaper version. By "everyday flyer", I mean an aircraft that is versatile enough to use on a regular basis. For me, I am willing to pay more for an aircraft that I will fly a lot. I'm sure I am not alone with this line of thinking. In addition, I don't think there is enough demand for one of these let along two versions that are similarly situated. The evidence I have for that statement is the fact that no one has replied to this thread. This should be interesting. QW is my favorite developer and I am really glad they have the 787 in production. I would hate for the BAE146 to be the determinate of the developer's future. I believe they picked up the BAE146 in mid production so it was more of a bonus project and not a signature project.
Jeff

Posted Image

#3 Silverbird

Silverbird

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,243 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 10 Months and 24 Days Ago.

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:24 PM

Funny, I just received an email that CLS is doing one as well. They say that it will be finished in a few months and it will be FSX native. In addition, they stated that it will be more complex than other offerings and will have have an incredible VC. So far, they have only released exterior shots. They will announce it on their website next week. I believe these two releases are going to be in direct competition. The QW version will likely be more advanced and AFAIK, it will be released for FS9/FSX. I don't know if they are planning to convert their model to FSX native. The QW version is also farther along but because QW's will probably be more advanced, I wouldn't be surprised if they are released around the same time. I doubt CLS will be able to match the night lighting options offered by QW but for some, the decision on which one to purchase may come down to price and the availability of a FSX native model. I really don't think that a BAE146 is a "everyday flyer" aircraft like QW's 757 and I would bet that casual 146 users may opt for the cheaper version. By "everyday flyer", I mean an aircraft that is versatile enough to use on a regular basis. For me, I am willing to pay more for an aircraft that I will fly a lot. I'm sure I am not alone with this line of thinking. In addition, I don't think there is enough demand for one of these let along two versions that are similarly situated. The evidence I have for that statement is the fact that no one has replied to this thread. This should be interesting. QW is my favorite developer and I am really glad they have the 787 in production. I would hate for the BAE146 to be the determinate of the developer's future. I believe they picked up the BAE146 in mid production so it was more of a bonus project and not a signature project.

That's correct Jeff from what I read myself too the QW is a project they had picked up I don't really have any interest in BAE146 but might pickup from quaitlywings team I don't know the story from the cls development at least people now have a choice since there wasn't anything good out for the BAE146 I just hope the same thing happens with the Boeing 717 hopefully one day it will get picked up by a good team still waiting on the version 2 of the cls Dc-10. :(
Posted Image

Cesar Martinez

#4 duckbilled

duckbilled

Member - 1,000+

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:00 PM

That's correct Jeff from what I read myself too the QW is a project they had picked up I don't really have any interest in BAE146 but might pickup from quaitlywings team I don't know the story from the cls development at least people now have a choice since there wasn't anything good out for the BAE146 I just hope the same thing happens with the Boeing 717 hopefully one day it will get picked up by a good team still waiting on the version 2 of the cls Dc-10. http://static.avsim.net/forum//public/st...

I agree, we need a 717. It would add a lot to all of the great Hawaii scenery.
Jeff

Posted Image

#5 Thralni

Thralni

AVSIM Staff

• AVSIM Staff
  • 2,602 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 6 Months and 9 Days Ago.

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:52 PM

Yes, a 717 would be very nice. Air Tran uses them fanatically alongside their 737-700 fleet. I do hope PMDG releases that 737-700/600 pack soon...

Benjamin van Soldt
AVSIM Staff Reviewer

Disclaimer: all views expressed in this post are my views only, and not Avsim's views as an organization, nor of its staff or otherwise affiliated personnel.

#6 Blaze

Blaze

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • Joined 7 Years, 8 Months and 7 Days Ago.

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:20 PM

Thanks for the link the lighting looks great! However, to think there may not be much of a demand for a BAe146 simply because this thread didn't generate a lot of discussion is naive. I think there is a demand for this jet especially from the European market where it was more common in RL. I think there is always a market for most any aircraft if it's done right. PMDG's J41 and A2A Stratocruiser are proof of that. I really hope the QW team will give it more depth system wise and offer more support for hardware users. I bought the 757 but seldom use it because I hate interfacing everything in the VC with the mouse. If they make it hardware friendly then I'll buy it but if interfacing with the VC is the same as their 757 I'll probably look at CLS.

RE Thomason Jr.

"What...you act like you've never seen a flying rhino?"

#7 VirginAus737

VirginAus737

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,596 posts
  • Joined 3 Years and 15 Days Ago.

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:27 PM

When is their 787 coming?
Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute. ~Gil Stern

#8 altstiff

altstiff

My F/O is a Dog

• Members
  • 4,258 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 11 Months and 18 Days Ago.

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:54 PM

I will be all over the QW BAe 146.

#9 mad dog

mad dog

Member - 4,000+

• Donor
  • 4,677 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 9 Months and 14 Days Ago.

Donator

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:20 AM

Thanks for the link the lighting looks great! However, to think there may not be much of a demand for a BAe146 simply because this thread didn't generate a lot of discussion is naive. I think there is a demand for this jet especially from the European market where it was more common in RL. I think there is always a market for most any aircraft if it's done right. PMDG's J41 and A2A Stratocruiser are proof of that. I really hope the QW team will give it more depth system wise and offer more support for hardware users. I bought the 757 but seldom use it because I hate interfacing everything in the VC with the mouse. If they make it hardware friendly then I'll buy it but if interfacing with the VC is the same as their 757 I'll probably look at CLS.

HelloExactly my feelings regarding QW, I also bought the 757 but deleted it soon after as it was apparent that no hardware support would be forthcoming from the QW team.The guy who replied to me on their forum when I raised the subject of Goflight hardware support did not even realise such hardware existed.So I don't hold out much hope for this project for my own needs.Shame really as graphically the 757 was quite good.

#10 fsx

fsx

• Commercial Member
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 8 Years, 7 Months and 20 Days Ago.

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:59 AM

I will be purchasing the BAe146 for sure. Maybe even both versions . Great aircraft, still very popular in Europe, and also used by SA Airlink in South Africahttp://www.smiliner.com/operators/zs.shtml