Sign in to follow this  
JC75

My NGX now runs like a Dream - No OOM, Freeze and FSUIPC issues

Ladies and Gents My NGX is now running 100% perfect since Hotfix3 I have no panel freeze, No OOM and I have managed to make it run perfect with FSUIPC which as eliminated all the A/T, reverse on TD, autobrake etc issues also. I have had my FSX running now for over 8 hours - have not reset it, I have taken off from EGBB - with ASE running, and AES, using UK2000 scenery, REX HD clouds, UTX, GEX, and VFR photoreal scenery, running on 3 22 inch monitors at a 5040 resolution, using EZDOK and TrackIR5, flown it 2hr47 mins to LXGB(using aerosoft scenery) landed there, left it sitting there for a couple of hours(it got dark) - refueled and took off (having to use flaps 25) and flown to LEPA(aerosoft again) Passing over LEIB(aerosoft) just landed there manually with HGS on ARMIII parked up and pax are deboarding as we speak, and I am still get Locked 30fps at LEPA. I have my SAITEK yoke two sets of throttles and rudder pedals, all congfigured through a mix of LINDA for all the buttons and the AXIS through FSUIPC and not a single issue any more with not being able to select reverse, Autobrakes switching off on landing, etc. My brakes read temps of 3.1 when I was on stand at LXGB and didnt seem to cool at all even for the 2 hours it sat on stand, however just looking at them now in LEPA I have readings of 0.5 and 0.4. (so not sure if the brake cooling is still quite right) So for those who are having issues, please dont give up hope - I have had OOM, I have had Freezes, I have had a/t and autobrake issues, Reverse issues, and I have them all cured - I;ll try and right some guidance notes on setting up FSUPIC when I get chance - but quick suggestions are download LINDA - follow guidance in there for removing all your FSX mappings, I just keep the hat pan, remove all your FSUIPC entries for any buttons/key presses etc first(in fact best to start with a fresh .INI) Set up buttons etc you want using LINDA Then in FSUIPC map your throttles (I have six levers) so NO.1 is reverse thrust, 2 is generic throttle, 3 is throttle 1 4 is throttle 2 5 I dont have mapped(but do use the down button(when you move lever below detent) to set gear to off - 6 is speed brakes. I map all of them to calibrate with FSUIPC the reason I have 3 throttles as such is I can use just the one lever when I want more accurate equal engine settings for taxing straight, Calibrate all your throttles and sync the 2 levers. Create a bit of a NUll zone by selcting lower position just before detent. The clever bit is when on the page to assing axis, there is a part on the right which allows you to set up some actions for when the levers are between certain positons - Here a set the tiniest of range for when my lever is almost at IDLE postion, and set the action to only occur when moving down, that it sends the command throttle cut. Youll need to play about with the calibration a bit, and good way to check if they playing right is when at the gate with engines off, push your throttles forward and back and check to see they dont activate the reverse thrust. I have also mapped this throttle cut to my reverser lever but with the up setting instead, so again in essence as you apply reverse thrust(i push my lever forward) it sends another throttle cut before engaging reverse -this way it ensures you are at ground Idle. Finally i have set the button below the detent on the reverser to do a double period key, once when activated and once when released, so it kicks the auto brakes off, without having to stand on my rudder pedals to do the same(although that works to) you could set it to do an F2 also so it kicks reverse idle in - Many combinations to make it work. Anyhow - I just thought I would spread some good news about the NGX - Cant wait to see what features we get in the SP and so looking forward to being able to use my MCP/EFIS CDU when the SDK comes out! Going to fly back to EGBB now and see if it continues to remain stable and Freeze and OOM free! For those intereseted this is on a I2600K at 4.8 with 8GB of ram SDD drives(one for windows 7 64 ultimate and one for FSX) running on a ATI 6800 card in eyefinity across three 22 inch monitors - I have hundreds on addon sceneries and its now so so smooth!

" My NGX is not running 100% perfect since Hotfix3 " Did you really mean to say it is NOW running 100% perfect since Hotfix3? Thinking.gif

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Preston Van Name

PMDG 747-400 PMDG MD-11 PMDG JS41 PMDG 737-NGX

FS2Crew Voice Edition for each, except MD-11

I am happy for you, but that's not how I want to use my Saitek throttle quadrant. It has a detent and the reverse was mapped (before) as you pulled back throoo the detent for reverse thrust. I'm also playing around in FSUIPC to map that, but the reverse is a hard one with this quadrant. Frank Cooper

Where did you get Hotfix3? I am slightly disappointed with constant freezes to extent I intend to uninstall and reinstall the NGX. The next option will be to park her to the hangar and wait for SP1.

Where did you get Hotfix3?
It's in the pinned Hotfix topic. Instead of having separate topics for each hotfix RSR is editing the same topic to reflect any updates & adding the date in the topic title.

I am happy for you, but that's not how I want to use my Saitek throttle quadrant. It has a detent and the reverse was mapped (before) as you pulled back throoo the detent for reverse thrust. I'm also playing around in FSUIPC to map that, but the reverse is a hard one with this quadrant. Frank Cooper
and you can still map it that way - still do as I say in axis assignment create an action for the very bottom of the range when moving throttle lever down to the detent -make this action throttle cut (or throttle cut 1) then as on the saitek the action below the detent is a button not a axis, using LINDA assign this button to F2 which will apply reverse thrust - the only reason I do it my way is that you have exact control over the amount of reverse thrust you apply by mapping it to an axis - your way its just a constant increasing and coming out of reverse you will go back to idle rather than a reduced amount. But as I say whatever you choose and whatever buttons or axis you choose to map - using the tip of creating a setting in the axis assignment aswell as proper calibration will mean you get fully functioning throttle levers in fsuipc that work as intended with the NGX and no more dodgy reverse or idle or A/T disengagement.
Where did you get Hotfix3? I am slightly disappointed with constant freezes to extent I intend to uninstall and reinstall the NGX. The next option will be to park her to the hangar and wait for SP1.
Yes get Hotfix 3 - link as said above...my sim is smooth and freeze and OOM free!!!! UPDATE!!! Just landed back at EGBB - some good clouds on way in - and sim is still running - no freeze, no OOM, FSX has been running non stop now for 13 hours and still all is good! Going to give it the ultimate test and leave it on overnight parked onstand and take it up again later and see if it continues to run with no freeze and no OOM (somehow I think at some point it will crash - but that more likley FSX related than the NGX which is perfect now)

Thanks guys.. I will try Hotfix3..
Patrick It should sort you - you have similar specs to me in terms of hardware so If it working for me it should be for you to - hope it fixes it for you.

Have applied Hotfix 3 still getting panel freezes, waiting for SP1. It seems to occur when I switch to my 2nd monitor then come back to find the panel has frozen ie. the displays are not updating. This is corrected when I cycle through the views and then I can resume the flight. More of a nuisance that is bearable because the model is brilliant in every other respect. john topo

Patrick It should sort you - you have similar specs to me in terms of hardware so If it working for me it should be for you to - hope it fixes it for you.
Thanks James.. Let me try.. I will revert with findings..it's really frustrating as I spent lots of time to build FSX machine.. The things is ..I can fly but after sometime FSX freeze for one or two minutes, furthermore, I get a single digit FPS at EHAM which is not the case when I fly LVD 767 or PMDG 744. It is just like my credit rating has been downgraded from AAA to A..

Hi Guys I can not get key assignments to work in linda, mcp works but not the toggles that I setup in Linda, does Linda have to be running in background ? any help on this would be great, thanks.

Rich Sennett

and I am still get Locked 30fps at LEPA. For those intereseted this is on a I2600K at 4.8 with 8GB of ram SDD drives(one for windows 7 64 ultimate and one for FSX) running on a ATI 6800 card in eyefinity across three 22 inch monitors - I have hundreds on addon sceneries and its now so so smooth!
Which makes me wonder what ingame settings you are using... (I read a lot of post about things running smooth on high end computers but no one says which settings they are using...!)

Which makes me wonder what ingame settings you are using... (I read a lot of post about things running smooth on high end computers but no one says which settings they are using...!)
In game settings? you mean FSX settings? well all are set at full pretty much - except water I set that to Low x2. Here are the relevant sections out of my FSX.cfg - So as you can see FSX is configured pretty high - and runs smooth with the NGX GRAPHICS]AC_SELF_SHADOW=1AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=0ALLOW_SHADER_30=1COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1D3D10=0EFFECTS_QUALITY=2ForceFullScreenVSync=0ForceWindowedVSync=0GROUND_SHADOWS=0HIGHMEMFIX=1IMAGE_QUALITY=0LANDING_LIGHTS=1NUM_LIGHTS=8SHADER_OPTIMIZE=1SHADER_PARTIAL_PRECISION=1STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=30See_Self=1TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096TEXTURE_QUALITY=3Text_Scroll=0SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500672SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672[TrafficManager]AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=2AirlineDensity=75FreewayDensity=3GADensity=75IFROnly=75LeisureBoatsDensity=10ShipsAndFerriesDensity=12 [Weather]AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=3DETAILED_CLOUDS=1 [TERRAIN]AUTOGEN_DENSITY=2DETAIL_TEXTURE=1LOD_RADIUS=4.500000MESH_COMPLEXITY=100MESH_RESOLUTION=24SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=2TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29WATER_EFFECTS=4[sCENERY]DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5LENSFLARE=1MAX_ASYNC_BATCHING_JOBS=2SmallPartRejectRadius=4.0

James great post could you verify, linda must be running in background for controller buttons to work and console does not have to be running, thank you.

Rich Sennett