Sign in to follow this  
Jude Bradley

Free way of creating PMDG flightplans

If Simroutes does not have a desired flightplan you can use routefinder (http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/) in conjunction with simroutes.com.( http://www.simroutes.../showplans.aspx)1) open up routefinder and enter departure as EGSS and destination as EIDW and click 'Find Route'2) It shows result as EGSS SID CPT UL9 KENET UN14 MEDOG UL18 LIPGO STAR EIDW3) Open simroutes and click Generate routes4) Enter EGSS as departure and EIDW as arrival5) Paste CPT UL9 KENET UN14 MEDOG UL18 LIPGO into the route box and click 'Generate Route' 6) You can download this as a .rte file to your PMDG folder.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Or you can use http://www.flightaware.com and get a route that was actually flown by your airline/flight number that day and paste that into www.simroutes.com as described above.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Many thanks for that advice,I'll check it out :)

Jude Bradley

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Or you can use http://www.flightaware.com and get a route that was actually flown by your airline/flight number that day and paste that into www.simroutes.com as described above.
Hmm, do you need to be registered in oder to see the routes? Regards,Axel

Regards,
Axel

Hmm, do you need to be registered in oder to see the routes? Regards,Axel
No, use this link and simply enter your DEP/AR airports. You will then be shown all the latest routes currently being flown real world. Only works for US though. http://flightaware.com/analysis/route.rvt Jim

Jim Wenham

Only works for US though.
And thats the point.There are also a lot of eastbound routes from US to Europe working but the other direction from Europe to US there are sadly only a few routes working.

since I'm in Europe,then the orignal solution is probably best for our side of the pond.

Jude Bradley

2nd that, I've love using FlightAware and then creating my own routes in SimRoutes because I can d/l my flight plan in FSX form for ATC IFR use in FSX, and then in PMDG so I can just bring it up in my FMC all ready to gol works great with the MD-11 and 744, too!

Guest charlesh7
Hmm, do you need to be registered in oder to see the routes?
No, but registration is free.

Hello i have put the rte it in PMDG flight plans, how do you load it in the aircrafts FMCnew boythanksjames

i.e. if you have a EGLLEDDM.rte flightplan you type EGLLEDDM in the scratchpad and push the CO ROUTE button.

I use Vroute (free version) with the latest AIRAC to search for routes. After I find the route I need, I'll fire up FSCommander to build the route and flightplan including SID/STAR/TRANS. When I'm done, I"l save it to the PMDG format and folder. CO ROUTE page with the NGX works perfect... If you do not own FSC9, you will have to enter the routes manually into the FMX...

Henk de Vries

Jude, Awesome tip, just what I needed to know, saved me asking! Seems to work flawlessly!Thanks