Sign in to follow this  
marijn747berg

Tutorial II

First of all, I'd like to apologise if I appear rude/impatient, but I was wondering when the 2nd tutorial was supposed to be released? Please note, this is not someone whining about PMDG being slow or anything; just wondering, I'd be content with the answer 'in a year'i just want to know about when to expect it...

I have no idea - I'm way too busy with support right now. We did not anticipate the support load we've been under since the day of release and I've basically devoted every waking hour to that. When it calms down I'll try to write the 2nd one.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

okay, thanks for the reply and good luck with all the things you have to do: support is way more important than an extra tutorial anyway

okay, thanks for the reply and good luck with all the things you have to do: support is way more important than an extra tutorial anyway
not to those that need the tutorial Hypnotized.gif

not to those that need the tutorial Hypnotized.gif
"needing" it implies that you are unable to achieve something without it. In case it's trying to take off from starting C&D, then there must be several other sources you could use for that purpose (iFly manual, PMDG's 737NG manual perhaps).

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

Can you guys then tell us how far it is to be finished (40% 70% and so on)
Patrick, Does it really make a difference how far behind the tutorial is? The mere fact that Ryan advised that at this point he is too busy and has no idea when it will be finished, I think answers the original question and any others that may follow. be patient. There is a lot more of the aircraft that one can delve into to become more familiar with. Try to be patient and let the team try to put a dent in some of their support issues. Cheers

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

I have no idea - I'm way too busy with support right now. We did not anticipate the support load we've been under since the day of release and I've basically devoted every waking hour to that. When it calms down I'll try to write the 2nd one.
Thank you, Ryan. Maybe, you take a week or two OFF.Some spare time for you to get the brain ventilated and to grip some spirtit again. I really thank you for the effort in the work you do.Greetings, from me to everybody at PMDG for the great work they do!Keep it up!And take the time to.............b r e a t h ! ! ! Greetings, Mario.

"needing" it implies that you are unable to achieve something without it. In case it's trying to take off from starting C&D, then there must be several other sources you could use for that purpose (iFly manual, PMDG's 737NG manual perhaps).
This cracks me up - we included the real life Boeing 737NG manuals - everything an actual real pilot gets before going to training. All you need in order to learn to do a cold and dark start is the Amplified Normal procedures - it starts on page 77 of the FCOM1 PDF. That literally is Boeing's actual procedure that real pilots use to start the airplane, you can follow them basically 100% in the NGX.I realize a tutorial is easier to follow because it's explained in plain English, but seriously, the idea that you can't do a cold and dark start without one given the huge amount of documentation we include with the product is completely crazy. You don't need to use anyone else's manual either - we have the real thing.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

"You don't need to use anyone else's manual either - we have the real thing" Guys, I suggest you get hold of Timothy Metzinger's Advanced Operations Tutorial for PMDG 737NG VERSION 2.0. All other tutorials pale in comparison. It is all the tutorial you will ever need, even though it was written for the 737NG. sam bertien

This cracks me up - we included the real life Boeing 737NG manuals - everything an actual real pilot gets before going to training. All you need in order to learn to do a cold and dark start is the Amplified Normal procedures - it starts on page 77 of the FCOM1 PDF. That literally is Boeing's actual procedure that real pilots use to start the airplane, you can follow them basically 100% in the NGX. I realize a tutorial is easier to follow because it's explained in plain English, but seriously, the idea that you can't do a cold and dark start without one given the huge amount of documentation we include with the product is completely crazy. You don't need to use anyone else's manual either - we have the real thing.
Exactly why i was trying to point out that saying to be in "need" of a tutorial (as opposed to just "wanting" one) sounds hard to believe. The C&D scenario was just an example and I have had no problems with it myself because I flew your NG in FS9. As I remember its manual was written in a sort of tutorial style I merely suggested to others that it could be of use.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

This cracks me up - we included the real life Boeing 737NG manuals - everything an actual real pilot gets before going to training. All you need in order to learn to do a cold and dark start is the Amplified Normal procedures - it starts on page 77 of the FCOM1 PDF. That literally is Boeing's actual procedure that real pilots use to start the airplane, you can follow them basically 100% in the NGX. I realize a tutorial is easier to follow because it's explained in plain English, but seriously, the idea that you can't do a cold and dark start without one given the huge amount of documentation we include with the product is completely crazy. You don't need to use anyone else's manual either - we have the real thing.
Well said !!! If people had any imagination they could make lots of adjustments to the existing tutorialand practise different scenarios.Weeks of work there alone. JMO. Fred.

Does anyone have time to realease a mini-tutorial? I would like to see an official Start from Cold and Dark - the way PMDG envisioned it. I guess this would be the first 10 pages of Tutorial 2. We seem to have a lot of new routes being published in the forums here and enough conflicting flows and checklists to keep us guessing and a ton of kids squawking "read the manuals" like they know how to read a Boeing manual. What we don't have and would be greatly appreciated is the startup sequence and a little why or why not. Way too many options in the manuals for me to understand what is normal. How about a definition of 'Short Turn and "Long Turn"? Anyone have time for that? Good luck on working thru the support requests, I sure don't envy that job. Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Tabs, I used to have the same problem you are having .. i used to think everyone thought like I did, and could do what I could do. But obviously, not everyone can ... (I can do the start up so this is not me speaking for me but for others). They are not crazy .. they just dont know what you know!