What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Free VFR Photo Scenery Vol 6 never istalled for FS2004
- Free simMarket addon - FSDG's Oresund X for FSX & P3D v2.x
- Aerosoft PMDG 747X Boxed version reduced to €29.99
- Aerosoft Winter Sale 20% off boxed products
- Drzewiecki Design New York City X 30% off?
- Just Flight Pick and Mix Sale
- Drzewiecki Design Polish Airports volumes, which one to get?
- Ultimate VFR Photoscenery Crazy 75% Off
- Any one looking for a complete Fuselage to make a sim out of? There are a few on ebay for $300
- X-Plane FlyJsim 727 complete $39 !
- Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS - Priced low for quick sale!
- CH Throttle Quadrant; CH Eclipse; Saitek Combat Pedals
- Precision Flight Controls Beech Yolk with Hall Effect & Digital Clock
- For Sale: Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, $120
- Reduced price for Flightbeam KIAD (2nd copy for sale)
- SAITEK PRO FLIGHT SWITCH PANEL (UK based)
- Saitek X52 System For Sale
- SAITEK Trim Wheel for sale (UK, IRL or Europe only)
- Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition - 1Yr Old
- Dell U2312HM 23" Monitor
. . .
Nvidia FXAA Injector
Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:58 PM
Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:31 PM
Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:25 AM
Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:02 AM
Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:25 PM
Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:25 PM
Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:49 PM
That's what the modified d3d9.dll file that comes with the tool does - it not only flicks the switch, it *is* the switch :) FXAA is a full-screen post-processing effect. Since it's inserted as a post-processing effect, no significant re-write of the 3D engine is required. The effect can simply be "injected" at the end of the rendering pipeline just like ENB Series does with its HDR effects. It's not so different from applying a series of filters in Photoshop to an FSX screenshot, only it's done by your graphics card on every frame, before it's sent to the monitor. Finally had the chance to play around with it today. It definitely works. It makes everything very sharp without causing much aliasing. I think I'll maybe reduce the sharpening effect a notch or too, because it was almost too much. The bloom effect is not as pronounced as the one in ENB Series, and HDR is not yet functional. Might look into combining it with ENB Series using the proxy library feature.
Have I missed something here? In reading about FXAA it appears that it must be included in the title - meaning the product has to be programmed to accept the settings. FSX does not have this capability so other than wishful thinking, I do not see how this can affect FSX one way or the other. How can you turn "on" a switch that is not there in the first place. As I said, have I missed something obvious? Vic