What's new in the Library
Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
AVSIM Team Speak System
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- FSX Add-on for Apple Watch
- FSX Virtavia 50% off at Simmarket
- Concorde+Orbx Sale at Aerosoft
- Simmarket sale on KSNA
- Dreamfoil Bell 407 19.95 (43% off) at x-plane store
- Great Deal on Orbx addons at the flightsimstore.com!
- Flysimware 50% Off
- SimSkunkWorks 50% Off Sale
- MyTraffic 6 FSX+FSXSE+P3D - 40% off at simMarket
- ForSale: Unopened Orbx North America Airports DVDs $5 each!
- GoFlight GF-ATC Air Traffic Communication Module $120
- Goflight GF-RP48 Rotary/Pushbutton module $100
- For Sale: i7-3700k, Gigabyte Z77X-UP7, Corsair Platinums 2133MHZ
- WANTED: TrackIR w/TrackClip Pro
- TrackIR 5 - Track Clip for Hat
- For Sale: i7-2600k, ROG Z68 mATX
- GTX 970 SC and Dell U3011 2560x1600 monitor...
- For Sale: GTX 970 Superclocked
- Couple of Pokeys56E for sale
. . .
Nvidia FXAA Injector
Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:58 PM
Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:31 PM
Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:25 AM
Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:02 AM
Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:25 PM
Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:25 PM
Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:49 PM
That's what the modified d3d9.dll file that comes with the tool does - it not only flicks the switch, it *is* the switch :) FXAA is a full-screen post-processing effect. Since it's inserted as a post-processing effect, no significant re-write of the 3D engine is required. The effect can simply be "injected" at the end of the rendering pipeline just like ENB Series does with its HDR effects. It's not so different from applying a series of filters in Photoshop to an FSX screenshot, only it's done by your graphics card on every frame, before it's sent to the monitor. Finally had the chance to play around with it today. It definitely works. It makes everything very sharp without causing much aliasing. I think I'll maybe reduce the sharpening effect a notch or too, because it was almost too much. The bloom effect is not as pronounced as the one in ENB Series, and HDR is not yet functional. Might look into combining it with ENB Series using the proxy library feature.
Have I missed something here? In reading about FXAA it appears that it must be included in the title - meaning the product has to be programmed to accept the settings. FSX does not have this capability so other than wishful thinking, I do not see how this can affect FSX one way or the other. How can you turn "on" a switch that is not there in the first place. As I said, have I missed something obvious? Vic