What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- EDDK Köln/Bonn from Aerosoft for €14,48 / $14.29
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition 80% off $4.99 now to Mar 30 End
- Airline2Sim Q400 Cadet Training Course 50% off
- Steam Sale FSX + DCS
- FSX: SE on sale... 80% off
- FSX Steam edition is 80% off At the moment
- FSX on Steam back to £3.99 for the weekend
- Thai Creations -50%
- Flash Sales PCAviator.com.au (AU store only)
- Tiger Moth for £4.49 at justflight.com until end of Sunday
- For Sale: GTX 970 Superclocked
- Saitek TPM Panel (throttle,mixture and prop) ** WANTED **
- Saitek Flight Sim components for sale New-in Box ever used
- Selling my GTX Titan Superclocked
- TrackIR 5 - Track Clip for Hat
- Precision Flight Controls PFC Yoke, Rudders, Throttles + GoFlight Panels
- For Sale 1947 Piper PA12
- Real 737 Overhead and Aft Overhead For Sale
- For Sale Embraer E-Jets v.2 Embraer 175 and 195 with SP2
- EVGA Titan GTX for sale
. . .
Nvidia FXAA Injector
Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:58 PM
Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:31 PM
Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:25 AM
Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:02 AM
Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:25 PM
Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:25 PM
Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:49 PM
That's what the modified d3d9.dll file that comes with the tool does - it not only flicks the switch, it *is* the switch :) FXAA is a full-screen post-processing effect. Since it's inserted as a post-processing effect, no significant re-write of the 3D engine is required. The effect can simply be "injected" at the end of the rendering pipeline just like ENB Series does with its HDR effects. It's not so different from applying a series of filters in Photoshop to an FSX screenshot, only it's done by your graphics card on every frame, before it's sent to the monitor. Finally had the chance to play around with it today. It definitely works. It makes everything very sharp without causing much aliasing. I think I'll maybe reduce the sharpening effect a notch or too, because it was almost too much. The bloom effect is not as pronounced as the one in ENB Series, and HDR is not yet functional. Might look into combining it with ENB Series using the proxy library feature.
Have I missed something here? In reading about FXAA it appears that it must be included in the title - meaning the product has to be programmed to accept the settings. FSX does not have this capability so other than wishful thinking, I do not see how this can affect FSX one way or the other. How can you turn "on" a switch that is not there in the first place. As I said, have I missed something obvious? Vic