What's new in the Library
Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
AVSIM Team Speak System
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- TropicalSim Airports 40% off
- LatinVFR Sale 25% off
- Just Flight Bank Holiday bargain - 60% OFF L-1011 TriStar Professional
- Flightstore.co.uk are having a 25% off Sale this Bank Holiday Weekend
- Real Environment Xtreme™ Sale 30% off
- Lionheart Learjet LJ24B 50% off
- Aerosoft Mega Dusseldorf 25% off
- MegaSceneryEarth 20% OFF at SimPlanet
- PILOT'S - FS Global 2010 FTX - 30% off
- A2A Simulations - VE-Day sale. 25% off
- Iris Dynamics Yoke for sale - UK only
- Brand new Corsair water cooler for sale
- Iris Dynamics Control Loading yoke - potential UK sale
- Emuteq gns 530 for sale on ebay
- throttle quadrant for sale
- i7-3700k, Gigabyte Z77X-UP7, Corsair Platinums 2133MHZ
- Goflight GF-166 & GF-46 panels - Ebay - UK
- Precision Flight Controls PFC Yoke, Rudders, Throttles + GoFlight Panels
- Boeing 737 787 Engraved Aluminium Alloy YOKE CHECKLIST for Saitek Yoke
- GTX 970 SC and Dell U3011 2560x1600 monitor...
. . .
Nvidia FXAA Injector
Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:58 PM
Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:31 PM
Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:25 AM
Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:02 AM
Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:25 PM
Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:25 PM
Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:49 PM
That's what the modified d3d9.dll file that comes with the tool does - it not only flicks the switch, it *is* the switch :) FXAA is a full-screen post-processing effect. Since it's inserted as a post-processing effect, no significant re-write of the 3D engine is required. The effect can simply be "injected" at the end of the rendering pipeline just like ENB Series does with its HDR effects. It's not so different from applying a series of filters in Photoshop to an FSX screenshot, only it's done by your graphics card on every frame, before it's sent to the monitor. Finally had the chance to play around with it today. It definitely works. It makes everything very sharp without causing much aliasing. I think I'll maybe reduce the sharpening effect a notch or too, because it was almost too much. The bloom effect is not as pronounced as the one in ENB Series, and HDR is not yet functional. Might look into combining it with ENB Series using the proxy library feature.
Have I missed something here? In reading about FXAA it appears that it must be included in the title - meaning the product has to be programmed to accept the settings. FSX does not have this capability so other than wishful thinking, I do not see how this can affect FSX one way or the other. How can you turn "on" a switch that is not there in the first place. As I said, have I missed something obvious? Vic