Sign in to follow this  
namida

Runway flickering with NGX

Hi guys, nowadays I'm so happy to learn this plane with briliant simmers :)I've sensed this since installed NGX but.. thought it's a problem with something other. The border lines of runway is flickering every 1 second.More specifically, the outside of runway baceme thinner and go back in 0.2 sec. This only happens when NGX is loaded, at any airport. (default or addon)How could I stop this? Quite annoying wacko.png8ogL.gif

Hi guys, nowadays I'm so happy to learn this plane with briliant simmers :)I've sensed this since installed NGX but.. thought it's a problem with something other. The border lines of runway is flickering every 1 second.More specifically, the outside of runway baceme thinner and go back in 0.2 sec. This only happens when NGX is loaded, at any airport. (default or addon)How could I stop this? Quite annoying wacko.png8ogL.gif
What's your AA settings?

I'm using NvidiaInspector with recommended setting on general forum but downgraded 4xAA(Multisampling) and 4xAF. And AntiLag with default value 2.

I'm using NvidiaInspector with recommended setting on general forum but downgraded 4xAA(Multisampling) and 4xAF. And AntiLag with default value 2.
Just a thought. Try Render Ahead=0

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I too have this problem, and Im using an ATI card.Reinstalled FSX clean, with the 737 and FSX alone, this problem is still there. Adding tweaks and other addons does nothing to remove the problem.For a test I tried installing on a new laptop, just FSX and 737, its there.It looks like the flickering happens at certain view angles, low angles, having most of runway length in view space,etc. But at those angles, it is 100% reproducible by me. Marcus Jian

Just a thought. Try Render Ahead=0
Fixed! Thank you so much Hobbs! Actually, I cannot see any difference whatever that value has set to 0, 1 or 2.But it's still not clear why only NGX makes this flickering.. I cross tested with 3-4 more aircract and scenery manufacturers, they don't make issue. Jian, I saw that angle or zoom related flicker issue was discussed ORBX forum, too. But it seems little different with this, hmm..Despite I could fixed this tiny flickering, whole runway flickering would be still there.. Sorry I can't help..

Fixed! Thank you so much Hobbs! Actually, I cannot see any difference whatever that value has set to 0, 1 or 2.But it's still not clear why only NGX makes this flickering.. I cross tested with 3-4 more aircract and scenery manufacturers, they don't make issue. Jian, I saw that angle or zoom related flicker issue was discussed ORBX forum, too. But it seems little different with this, hmm..Despite I could fixed this tiny flickering, whole runway flickering would be still there.. Sorry I can't help..
Glad it worked.

Rick Hobbs

Sadly.. it appears again.. (sorry Hobbs Cry.gif) But there's one more condition found triggers flickering.It starts flickering when I see runway at an acute angle. (less than about 40)As I turn my viewpoint from VC or Spot to 40~90 degrees, it stops flickering. So.. maybe it seems some runway texture or lights could cause this issue.Anyone fixed this issue? I'll keep try to ged rid of this and post.

Just noticed something else. When sitting at EGKK, 8R at the start of the tutorial. When looking left or right, out of the window, the grass textures from about the nose of my ac back is degradated, so instead of taking off i taxied down the runway and it followed the ac until after about 1/3 of the way down, it stopped degrading and i had grass again.

Rick Hobbs

I also have the same problem, hopefully their wil be a fix for this sometime in the near future? things could be a lot wrose, beautiful planced just simply fantastic PMDG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sometimes a its pay a little bit more but all the worth. thank you,ronny

I have noticed texture bleeding issues with the NGX, notably Aerosoft EDDV. That is one of the older "newer generation" airports from Aerosoft and perhaps there is a texture issue related to the strobe/anti-collision and position lighting? Just a guess here. It certainly doesn't happen at every payware airport, and when I have seen it, normally on arrival instead of departure... Perhaps I need to look at the textures of the airport and see if there is any difference with them when compared to similar textures of another, more recent airport... Just a thought, and by no means a definite issue... it could even be something on my PC alone... Andrew

I have noticed texture bleeding issues with the NGX, notably Aerosoft EDDV. That is one of the older "newer generation" airports from Aerosoft and perhaps there is a texture issue related to the strobe/anti-collision and position lighting? Just a guess here. It certainly doesn't happen at every payware airport, and when I have seen it, normally on arrival instead of departure... Perhaps I need to look at the textures of the airport and see if there is any difference with them when compared to similar textures of another, more recent airport... Just a thought, and by no means a definite issue... it could even be something on my PC alone... Andrew
I have just purchased Amsterdam (EHAM) from Aerosoft. Some people may find some faults but i think it is an exellent addon. Very framerate friendly considering some of the detail.

Rick Hobbs

Nice to know Rick, though I am not sure how your post contributes to the discussion... :) Have you noticed flickering or texture bleeding in EHAM? Is that what you are trying to tell us? Andrew