Sign in to follow this  
Artem Crum

LINDA for VRinsight MCP Combo 2

The time has come! LINDA v1.1b is ready for public testing.This is NOT RELEASE yet, but it seems pretty stable already and I'm releasing it mostly for those who want to use it with their NGXs. How to install:

• First of all I'm assuming you already have LINDA set up and running (if don't, install LINDA v1.03 then come back)
  • Backup all your LINDA setup (yes, even if you're lazy! just do it!)
  • Download this archive: LINDA v1.1b
  • Unpack it into your FSX/modules folder replacing everything you'll be asked for
  • Run LINDA GUI
  • Switch on to Setup MCP Combo page
  • Select MCP type from the drop list (set it to MCP2 Boeing)
  • Save!
  • Navigate to MCP Combo assignments page and switch to USER (rightmost) block - here you should see a little change. In the middle assignments column there should be the DME/CRS knob block with assigned actions "NGX AP CRS LR inc/incfast/dec..." and so on. If assignments are there, then you're done and ready to go (otherwise sth is wrong).
  • Run FSX, load NGX and look how your MCP2 getting alive...

Notes on beta build:

• GUI graphics still showing the old MCP. This need some more work and will take some more time.
  • FSX Default autopilot engaged modes are not implemented yet, wait for the next update

New NGX module features:

• There still no display sync, don't ask why
  • Flaps lever position with flaps movement direction are indicated
  • Current gears lever state indication
  • "Fast" actions for HDG/ALT/CRS rotaries (will work with MCP1 too!)
  • Other small but nice adaptations for MCP2 features..

Other improvements in this build:

• Experimental:
    • 2D panels positions save/restore -- Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F1 to save positions, restore is automatical
    • FSX title hide in widowed mode -- Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F2 to toggle title
    • 2D panels titles hide -- Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F3 to toggle titles

[*]Auto revert back to the MODE 1 for all blocks[*]Indication of alternative MODEs[*]HID devices compatibility fixes, some of the Gamepads should work[*]Dedicated offset range is used from now 7320-735F[*]Updated Manual[*]Minor bug fixes

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

Awesome!!!Did notice the VOR/ADF seems backwards with the defaults. Pushing the left switch to VOR causes it the right to go towards ADF and the right to do the same to the left. Simple fix though.

Strange. I changed the VOR/ADF but it keeps getting changed back. They are the wrong way around and work the wrong way. I have changed them back 3 times now and they keep reverting. Everything else seems to be working fine. Knobs are a touch touchy at times but okay. Everything else I changed seems to have stuck okay.

Strange. I changed the VOR/ADF but it keeps getting changed back. They are the wrong way around and work the wrong way. I have changed them back 3 times now and they keep reverting. Everything else seems to be working fine. Knobs are a touch touchy at times but okay. Everything else I changed seems to have stuck okay.
Confirmed and fixed. Reload ZIP from the same link and reinstall.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Good day, followed the instructions above, but its not working. After loading FSX the log file of LINDA gives the following error: [E] *** LUA Error: ...dules\linda-cfg/aircrafts/PMDG 737NGX/config-hid.lua:3: attempt to index field '068EC0100' (a nil value) the Combo II loads but can not use any buttons. Any one have an solution? Regards Dereck This is the total log file: --- NEW LOGGING SESSION ----------- D:\FSX\FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.FLTD:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.AIRD:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX WL\B737-800WL.AIRWeather Mode now = Themec:\users\dereck\documents\flight simulator x files\EGKK to EHAM.FLTSystem time = 02/09/2011 13:56:16, Simulator time = 13:43:38 (12:43Z)Aircraft="Boeing 737-8K2NGX KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Winglets"Starting everything now ...beginning "D:\FSX\Modules\ipcReady.lua"ended "D:\FSX\Modules\ipcReady.lua" [iNIT] Loading...Aircraft: Boeing 737-8K2NGX KLM Royal Dutch AAircraft module detected: PMDG 737NGXAivlaSoft library loaded...FSX standard library loaded...RealityXP library loaded...A2A MAP library loaded...DSP MODE toggle: 2Advanced Weather Interface EnabledLoading PMDG 737NGX joysticks config...[E] *** LUA Error: ...dules\linda-cfg/aircrafts/PMDG 737NGX/config-hid.lua:3: attempt to index field '068EC0100' (a nil value)

Oh, crap. My bad!Delete the file: FSX/modules/linda-cfg/PMDG 737NGX/config-hid.lua ps.Archive updated too..

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Quick question, In the EFIS panel there is a A++, A+, A-- and A- which is pretty easy. But what is the B++ etc used for and how is it activated?

Quick question, In the EFIS panel there is a A++, A+, A-- and A- which is pretty easy. But what is the B++ etc used for and how is it activated?
Each rotary could work in two modes A and B. To switch between them, you should assign VRI_KNOB_MODE_toggle (from the VRinsight Lib) as a "press" action for this rotary. Then, if you will press the knob it will toggle it's state from A to B and back. This is NOT used in NGX module. Load the configuration for JS41 to see an example of dual mode assignments.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Great news! After some discussion Devs decided to fulfil our request on LVars for NGX:http://forum.avsim.n...40#entry2097840 Go, thank them for hearing our prayers! im Not Worthy.gif

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

LINDA v1.1 display functions list:

• DspSPD(int), DspHDG(int), DspALT(int) - both MCP1 and MCP2, numeric, 3 digits
  • DspVVS(int) - MCP2 only, numeric, 3 digits
  • DspSPDs(str), DspHDGs(str), DspALTs(str) , DspVVSs(str) - MCP2 only, string, 3 symbols - will display string instead of numebrs
  • DspFD (int) - MCP2 only, numeric, 1-on / 0-off
  • DspAT (int) - MCP2 only, numeric, 1-on / 0-off
  • DspShow(str1, str2) - both MCP1 and MCP2, 4 symbols max per line
  • Dsp0(str) / Dsp1(str) - both MCP1 and MCP2, 4 symbols max
  • DspMed1(str), DspMed2(str) - MCP2 only, string length 8 symbols max
  • DspLong1(str), DspLong2(str) - MCP2 only, string length 16 symbols max
  • DspRadioShort(str) - MCP2 only, string length 4 symbols max
  • DspRadioMed(str) - MCP2 only, string length 12 symbols max
  • DspRadioLong1(str), DspRadioLong2(str) - MCP2 only, string length 16 symbols max

I hope, function's meaning is clean by itself. If it is not, just try them - you'll what they do.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Hi Artem,

I hope, function's meaning is clean by itself. If it is not, just try them - you'll what they do.
Is Version 1.1 available? I can't find it under Downloads.

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

Nope, currently not, it is just for mouth watering tongue.png

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is Version 1.1 available? I can't find it under Downloads.
There is only 1.1b version published in this thread.And it is pretty stable to use.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

oh sorry, then my info was wrong ...

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester