Sign in to follow this  
Silverbird

PMDG Ngx 737 and Ifly 737 frame rates?

Hello guys please no flame wares etc etc lol I just want to have in idea on the frame rate between the fily 737 in fsx and the pmdg 737 ngx with in add-on airport like fsdreamteam or flytampa? just in honest opinon I respect both developers so I'm not talking about which is better just trying to get in idea on frame rates. I looked in the avsim search engine but there are way to many posts on the pmdg and ifly.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

The best place is to post it in the PMDG section some member will definitely reply back.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Hello Cesar I can reply this for you as I have both aircraft and both sceneries, and as for me, I have not noticed any significant FPS hits.Both aircraft run smoothly at both sceneries.I have no issues. Hope this assuages you. And rest assured ,you were not trying to start a flame war. Just an honest question and I've replied with an honest answer.

I also own both aircraft, and for me the FPS were comparable.

NAX669.png

There you go , members did reply :) NGX has caused havoc everywhere :) I think it is the fastest posting section of the site.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Hi Ironmaiden I did ask at the pmdg forum thinking it was here by mistake, but it can be seen as a disrespect on the developers forum mentioning other competitor so posted this here, thank you Rick and Mike for your honest reply's I really appreciate it.smile.png

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Cesar, I dont' have the iFly to compare it too, but even on my dump of rig, i'm getting s solid 25 to 30 FPS in pretty much all FSDT, FT, and other 3PD airports with UT2. The main thing for me is that I had to resize the exterior paints and the VC textures to help with quicker texture loading but that's only due to having 2Gb of RAM. I have had 2 freezes but that was over the course of maybe 30 to 40 flights, otherwise it has been pretty much trouble free. You really need to watch what your doing in this a/c since they have modeled just about everything so keep an eye on your brake temps, duct temps,etc. otherwise you'll start fires, loose hydr pressure, cause this or that to overheat, etc. A lot of fun as well as some learning.You'll love it!

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Cesar, I have a different experience of the two aircraft. I flew with the 'other' aircraft since it's launch in June and was very eager that the framerates were no worse if I was to get the PMDG. With this in mind, when I got my hands on the PMDG I did some fairly rigorous comparisons. One test was sat at the end of Orbx Canberra airport, with REX and Orbx AUS, with normal autogen sat in the VC. Frames on the 'other' aircraft were about 26 the PMDG were about 23. Smoothness in flight, I thought the 'other' aircraft was just a shade smoother. Loading of textures with the PMDG was slower also. This comparison didn't come as a shock to be frank, nor should it. The amount of detail in the PMDG and also the functionality all come at a price. However, I do not feel this price is too much. I have simply turned down traffic and aircraft sliders and tweaked the AA a little. I am very happy with this aircraft and it has introduced an element into my simming that was previously missing.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Nicely put, Howard.You have more or less covered it in a bit of depth, which I did not quite go into, for the sakes of brevity but I'm sure Cesar has his answers now.

Cesar, I dont' have the iFly to compare it too, but even on my dump of rig, i'm getting s solid 25 to 30 FPS in pretty much all FSDT, FT, and other 3PD airports with UT2. The main thing for me is that I had to resize the exterior paints and the VC textures to help with quicker texture loading but that's only due to having 2Gb of RAM. I have had 2 freezes but that was over the course of maybe 30 to 40 flights, otherwise it has been pretty much trouble free. You really need to watch what your doing in this a/c since they have modeled just about everything so keep an eye on your brake temps, duct temps,etc. otherwise you'll start fires, loose hydr pressure, cause this or that to overheat, etc. A lot of fun as well as some learning.You'll love it!
Sounds good Thanks Sean knowing me I would probably start fires and over heat everything lol at first but that's were the fun comes and learning like you posted thanks again.
Hi Cesar, I have a different experience of the two aircraft. I flew with the 'other' aircraft since it's launch in June and was very eager that the framerates were no worse if I was to get the PMDG. With this in mind, when I got my hands on the PMDG I did some fairly rigorous comparisons. One test was sat at the end of Orbx Canberra airport, with REX and Orbx AUS, with normal autogen sat in the VC. Frames on the 'other' aircraft were about 26 the PMDG were about 23. Smoothness in flight, I thought the 'other' aircraft was just a shade smoother. Loading of textures with the PMDG was slower also. This comparison didn't come as a shock to be frank, nor should it. The amount of detail in the PMDG and also the functionality all come at a price. However, I do not feel this price is too much. I have simply turned down traffic and aircraft sliders and tweaked the AA a little. I am very happy with this aircraft and it has introduced an element into my simming that was previously missing.
Very interesting thanks Howard I sort of figured it was around about that frame rate I own the fily 737 and of course I will be getting the ngx soon and understand that with really good details not mention orbx stuff is not easy to run hehe owning ybbn and ybcs I have to play around with the sliders even with sandy bridge cpu.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Around the ORBX YMML i have found the PMDG to be better than the iFly 737. Even if it was the same you are getting more detail per frame.

Both are ok fpswise. The pmdg actually runs smoother here .The ifly is now on permanent leave.In the boneyard. Vic

Mmm, what's really interesting here is how so many different opinions with this comparison. It just goes to show that there is so much variation between different rigs and operating systems, it is sometimes difficult to gain any objective results.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Mmm, what's really interesting here is how so many different opinions with this comparison. It just goes to show that there is so much variation between different rigs and operating systems, it is sometimes difficult to gain any objective results.
Thanks you guyssmile.png this is some great info here and it will help others with the same question that is true Howard but at least it gives a small clue or in idea on what we might get thanks again. wink.png

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs