Sign in to follow this  
toothjockey

OOM, CTD, and Freeze...

I've had them all now. I have only had one complete flight, and it was with the generic PMDG 800WL and ezca and no other add-ons. The other flights have had rex 2, or the WN aircraft livery.Am I correct that PMDG does not want any other reports? As you can see from my sig, I don't think it should be my system that caused this (unless related to win 7 64 bit).Actually, though, my CTD was technically only a crash to the FTX opening screen. The flight just froze and the comp went back to the original FTX menu, not the desktop.Moderator please move this post to a different thread if appropriate.Thanks,Don Maxwell ps...I love the aircraft, and am anxiously waiting for these problems to be corrected.

Don Maxwell (toothjockey) San Diego, CA
Raptor Lake i9-13900K / ASUS ROG Strix Z790-F Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 / Gigabyte Geforce RTX4090 Windforce 24GB /
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 / Corsair iCUE H150i Elite LCD 58.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler /
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 GT / Corsair 5000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower / Samsung 49" 4K / Windows 11 Home 64bit

Try running your I7 at stock speed ! Overclocking can cause lots of problems in FSX.

Hi Don,Sorry to hear about your hardships. I have read so many threads about problems with the NGX and it seems, in a very simplistic way, that there are two camps. Those who are plagued with problems and those who have none. I am not including the activation related problems in the generalization since these seem to be caused by a different failure mode.I have been running absolutely problem free (except for a minor CTD upon exit going to the Free Flight window which seems to be fixed in hotfix3). My system has been installed using NickN's guide, tweaked by Hey-sus' web tool (see link in my sig) set up exactly as prescribed in the NGX intro guide. After a few weeks of flying this stunning work of art, ZERO problems. Ok, that's good for me but but how does that help you or others who are not so fortunate?If the problems were entirely the NGX, then everyone would be having the similar problems but the vast majority of people (hundreds ? a couple thousand ??) are flying the wings of the NGX and seem to be fine. In one post by PMDG's Tabs points out that these problems would be solved if the developers could reproduce them. Also, it is not plausible that PMDG would have released a product that they held back for such a length of time in beta with the reported instabilities.At this point you are where you are and the likelihood of repairing your current installation is very small and would likely take you a ton of time to troubleshoot. It is more likely that a clean installation of FSX using the correct installation sequence and techniques, and a clean install of the NGX (from your original download link, not from compounded hot fixes) will be the shorter route. Do this with a non OC (or proven prime95 stable) configuration and OC after you are satisfied that all is running fine.I have read many posts from people who experienced problems who reported back that they fixed things with a clean install of FSX and the NGX. The NGX is worth this extra effort/attempt. If anyone out there can vouch for this please share your experience to encourage others who might benefit from this approach.

Don, if your OC is stable you should not have any problems with your setup. I too had a lot of problems with many CTD's in the first 2 weeks but i tweaked my way out of it and the NGX is now very stable and I have no CTD at all. I have my system tweaked very similar to Scotts's system and then I turned down settings inside FSX without reducing any scenery complexity. Autogen: Turn it down to sparse and begin from there. Also turn down other settings. Inside the FSX.CFG: set Texture Max Load = 1024.The last one I think is important to get rid of the G3d.dll crash. Good luck