Sign in to follow this  
Paul Deemer

My new Weather config works perfect with the NGX

For users with Activesky Evolution and Registered FSUIPC I been using these settings for the past few days and wanted to test it out on Hurricane Irene first before posting. Sure had fun at KRDU and KJFK. Big%20Grin.gif At KRDU I had a 75 knot Head cross and flew in Sideways with the Crab Maneuver. At JFK I was getting rocked at the gate during pushback and getting pushed to the right big time on the taxiway. One of my main gripes has always been having to check the FSX Weather settings option that disables Turbulence and Thermal effects on Aircraft. The reason was to prevent the S-Turning / Autopilot Nav Hunting by PMDG Planes which causes the plane to bank right and left back and forth which can be quite annoying. The only problem with this approach is it essentially puts your plane in a Bubble. Wind will push you around like it is supposed to but you won't feel any turbulence. With Activesky Evolution and the Registered Version of FSUIPC I am happy to say I no longer have to Check that box anymore. I have not noticed any S-turns / Autopilot Nav Hunting with the 737-NGX with these settings. However I have not had time to test the MD-11X or 747-400X yet but will post a follow up as soon as I do. In case you were hiding under a rock lately, Activesky Evolution Service Pack 3 is out. I am now using all the recommended settings. Since there are so many threads in both the PMDG and ASE forums I thought I would put it all the information together in one place and thread to make it easier. The FSX.cfg and FSUIPC.ini settings below are from the ASE Documentation and recommended for all PMDG planes. The FSXOptions.cfg File are Jim's Skorna's (Hi-Fi Simulation) personal settings for ASE. Everyone has their files in different directories so I won't get into the file paths thing. If you do not know where the following files are search for them by name with Windows Search for Files or Folders Option. Make sure you have Windows set to show all files. If not you may not see or be able to find some of these files.

Very Important! Make a BACKUP of your .cfg and .ini Files before making any changes. This way it will be painless to go back to your old configuration if you do not like these settings.
FSX.cfg Change the following Values to the one listed below TurbulenceScale=0.500000 FSUIPC.ini Change the following Values to the ones listed below TurbulenceRate=0.5,2.5TurbulenceDivisor=40,40,80,80 While your in there also change the values below. What you are doing is disabling FSUIPC's control of the following weather effects. Now when you use Active Sky Evolution with Direct Weather Control Option, ASE now has complete control of all weather and FSUIPC will not interfere. SuppressCloudTurbulence=YesUpperWindGusts=NoSuppressWindTurbulence=YesSuppressWindVariance=YesWindTurbulence=NoSuppressAllGusts=Yes FSXOptions.cfg This is the file that controls all Activesky Evolution settings. Of course you could manually change all these from the ASE interface but if you just replace the entire text with the one below it will change everything for you in one shot. One thing to note here. The following line can be changed to False or changed in the user inferace of ASE if you have performance problems because this particular line will cause some lower end systems to lag. ForceHighPriority = True By pasting in all the information below it will automatically set you to Direct Weather Control which will give you the most realistic weather. Replace the entire contents of File with the values below [Options]FSVersion = FSXDynamicRateofChangePercent = 0VATSIMDownloads = FalseAutomaticDownloadInterval = 30AutomaticDownloads = TrueCAVOKCloudGenerationPercent = 0NoDataCloudGenerationPercent = 0CirrusCloudGenerationPercent = 0MaximumCloudLayers = 5MinimumCloudTurbulencePercent = 0MaximumCloudTurbulencePercent = 100MinimumCloudIcingPercent = 0MaximumCloudIcingPercent = 100StratusCloudOccurrencePercent = 0MinimumVisibilitySM = 0MaximumVisibilitySM = 100MaximumUpperVisibilitySM = 60MaximumSurfaceWindSpeed = 200MinimumWindTurbulencePercent = 0MaximumWindTurbulencePercent = 100MinimumWindShearPercent = 0MaximumWindShearPercent = 100DisableWindsAloft = FalseWakeTurbulenceStrength = 100CreateVirtualStations = TrueEnhanceRouteCoverage = TrueDepictHurricanes = TrueEnableSkyScapeMode = FalseUseSkyScapeforStratus = FalseForceHighPriority = TrueUpdateRange = 500EnableWindSmoothing = FalseEnableVisibilityGraduation = TrueEnableFogLayerSimulation = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueSuppressionRange = 200StartupWave = FalseEnableDirectWindControl = TrueShowSimMessages = FalseSupressOnGround = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalseVoiceATIS = FalseThermalGenerationRatePercent = 100UpandDowndraftGenerationRatePercent = 100MaximumDowndraftRate = 2000MaximumUpdraftThermalRate = 2000DisableHazeLayer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = FalseDatFileOverwriteUserEdit = 0SuppressionCeiling =FSXDepictionMode = DWCPreventFSXCloudRedraws = FalsePreventTstormsWithCB = FalseGraduationCeiling = 20000ForceWindLock = False FSX Weather Tab If you change your values from (Example) High to Ultra High the boxes below will both uncheck themselves. So it is a good idea to make sure they are set correctly after making any changes under FSX Weather Tab. FSX Weather Tab settings can be whatever detail you want. We are only focusing on the 2 Boxes at the bottom. Download Winds Aloft data with real world weather - CHECKED Disable Turbulence and Thermal Effects on Aircraft - UNCHECKED Thats it, you are done. - Enjoy Big%20Grin.gifWhat if I only have the Registered FSUIPC but not Activesky Evolution? In this case the following changes are suggested. FSX.cfg Change the following Values to the one listed below TurbulenceScale=0.500000 FSUIPC.ini Change the following Values to the ones listed below TurbulenceRate=0.5,2.5TurbulenceDivisor=40,40,80,80 Also make the following Changes to FSUIPC Wind Smoothing and FSX Weather. scaled.php?server=825&filename=fsuipcwinds.gif&res=mediumscaled.php?server=801&filename=fsuipcclouds.gif&res=medium If you change your values from (Example) High to Ultra High the boxes below will both uncheck themselves. So it is a good idea to make sure they are set correctly after making any changes under FSX Weather Tab. FSX Weather Tab settings can be whatever detail you want. We are only focusing on the 2 Boxes at the bottom. scaled.php?server=718&filename=fsxweather.gif&res=mediumWhat if I don't have the registered FSUIPC or Activesky Evolution? In this case your fairly limited but the following changes are suggested. FSX.cfg Change the following Values to the one listed below TurbulenceScale=0.500000 If you change your values from (Example) High to Ultra High the boxes below will both uncheck themselves. So it is a good idea to make sure they are set correctly after making any changes under FSX Weather Tab. FSX Weather Tab settings can be whatever detail you want. We are only focusing on the 2 Boxes at the bottom. scaled.php?server=718&filename=fsxweather.gif&res=medium

Thanks paul! Will give these a test now in Irene

Thanks Paul! There is a couple things I missed in settings....i will give them a try!

Thank you, Paul just changed the ASE settings to your indicated ones.And thank you for the head up on SP3 for ASE i missed that out. Looks like i have to get a registered copy of FSUIPC now. Greetings, Mario.

I would advise to set FSUIPC wind smoothing to 8 sec's per 1 knot/degree change and 5/100's hPa per second pressure change. You should try this and watch how stable the engines will run at altitude.

Looks like i have to get a registered copy of FSUIPC now.
There are many good reasons to get the Registered Version it has a lot to offer including Top Notch Calibration for your controllers, Advanced Button Assignment, and Automatic Flight Saving built in, to name a few.

ForceWindLock = True if using RC4. This setting was placed in the ASE cfg. recently after a small update, before SP3 was released. I think Pete Dowson suggested this. I am Sure Jim can confirm this.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Why should we check "Download Winds Aloft data with real world weather" with ASE in FSX menu, Paul? This is done by ASE and checking this box doesn't affect ASE operation like manual says.

http://forums.flight...fsuipc-and-fsx/ All that tweaking isnt neccessary
With Pauls settings, you won't get a bumpy ride. It was mainly done for the concorde, and I discussed this with him on the HiFi forum last year about it. Also his settings are without DWC. So forget it.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Also, if you are using RC4, with DWC, remark out "UseASEweather=Yes" so it looks like this //UseASEweather=yes. It is automatc anyway, and could cause your AI not to use the correct runway.http://forum.avsim.net/topic/323219-fsuipc-update/ for more information about using DWC with Radar Contact.

For realistic fog generation change the following to "True" DisableHazeLayer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = FalseWhenever you make a change in the settings of ASE, you must disable and re enable fog generation. Fsx does a lousy job at depicting fog.haze generation, but ASE does a excellent job, one of it's best features.

Awesome post Paul.Thanks for create a dedicated post

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

There are many good reasons to get the Registered Version it has a lot to offer including Top Notch Calibration for your controllers, Advanced Button Assignment, and Automatic Flight Saving built in, to name a few.
I thought that the autosave was for FS2004 in a separate add-on ?! Is it included in FSUIPC for FSX ?