Sign in to follow this  
Paul Deemer

My new Weather config works perfect with the NGX

Thanks Paul. That makes sense. The original post says to check that box. Still a little confused.

Thanks Paul. That makes sense. The original post says to check that box. Still a little confused.
So was I but Jim from HiFi told me it doesn't need checked and I can't go back and make any changes to the original post.

I am using the current and same config with all my PMDG planes. 737-NGX, MD-11X, 747-400X

Ok, but that was not my question. For example, until now, I used those settings for MD11, 747, J41: FSXTurbulenceScale=1.000000 FSUIPCTurbulenceRate=1.0,5.0TurbulenceDivisor=20,20,40,40 without S-turns! Your settings divide those settings in half. My question was, do we get half less turbulence with your settings?

i am also keen to understand why FSX winds aloft is checked if ASE performs this function

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Un tick it Wayne, only needed using FSX weather

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

thanks

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

without S-turns! Your settings divide those settings in half. My question was, do we get half less turbulence with your settings?
That is a good question for Jim Skorna at Hi-Fi. I am not sure to what actual degree it affects the turbulence. In any case those are not my settings, they are the recommended settings in the ASE documenation. Most people that have tried the settings have been happy with them. The only people that don't like the settings are the ones that wanna get bounced and smacked around in the cockpit everytime they run into a thunderstorm. The basic fact is that FSX turbulence is totally unrealistic anyway so there is really no point in worrying about it. Having your plane bouncing around and the wings ready to snap off like in FS9 is totally unrealistic and some people just got used to that thinking that is normal behavior in the real world and it is not. Only in the most extreme situations would it happen to that degree, and if it did the wings would probably snap off. Maybe in X-plane 10 or Microsoft Flight they will be able to model turbulence that is more realistic.

Eeeeeek! My head hurts! Mega confused now. There are so many small changes now. Paul, would you consider reposting to 'sumerise' everything into a single post?