Sign in to follow this  
Sekstifire

Biz Jets

Greetings earthlings,I'm looking to expand my hangar, and I've been thinking about the world of biz jets. Whats good in that regard these days? I'm looking for systems realism and detail, features (updatable navdata, load manager, great manuals etc) and graphics in that order (systems being the most important, graphics the least). Does anyone have any suggestions?

Not a lot of awesome biz jets... We could use a quality Hawker, Falcon, Global Express (since Gulfstream's policy is ridiculous imho) The Flight1 Mustang is probably the most comprehensive to date... not too fast though hehe. The ES Citation X is a little dated in the graphics department but has all the nice features plus navdata support - so that's what I usually fly.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The Flight1 Mustang also has navdata support via Navigraph. That Learjet looks nice ...

The Flight1 Mustang is fantastic.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

That Learjet looks nice ...
Meh... it's alright. The VC is... interesting. It lacks atmosphere but the modeling is well done. The FDE.... not really sure about. I bought it but have since uninstalled it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Meh... it's alright. The VC is... interesting. It lacks atmosphere but the modeling is well done. The FDE.... not really sure about. I bought it but have since uninstalled it.
Did you get the latest update for that aircraft? Apparently the VC textures were updated quite a bit.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

The Flight1 Mustang is probably the most comprehensive to date... not too fast though hehe. The ES Citation X is a little dated in the graphics department but has all the nice features plus navdata support - so that's what I usually fly.
The F1 Mustang looks great, although the VC will bring all but the top end systems frame rates right down. The Citation X (v2) whilst not quite so pretty runs much better, I think it is a little unfair to call the graphics on it dated - just not quite up to the levels of the Mustang, but what you lose in texture resolution you gain in frame rates. The Mustang was designed as a step up from GA aircraft and feels like it, easy to start up and get going. The Citation X is much more like a commercial aircraft, quite complicated to start and program the FMS. The X is also the fastest of the BizJets (although I seem to remember Gulfstream claiming one of theirs was faster). Both are excellent, although given the choice I fly the "X", at least until PMDG bring out their BBJ !!! G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I have the latest update on the xtreme 20 series... it helps a little. I think it's fair to call the ES graphics a bit out of date. The 3d switches helped a lot but it still looks like FS9 standards. Take a look at Orbx Lancair, RealAir Duke turbine (their piston is getting a bit out of date too), Aerosoft's Katana, and of course the NGX. It's only my opinion of course and I love the plane to death...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I think the VC is really nice at night but the day textures look a bit flat. I still like the aircraft and I wish there were more repaints for it. BTW, I do have the update. Of the ones listed, which aircraft has the longest range? Right now, the only one I fly is the Lear but its range is very limited. For me, graphics are more important than systems depth.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I'm pretty sure the Citation X gives you the most range. Yeah, flat is a better term than what I used...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

The Xtreme Lear 20 is nice; there is also a (user) tweak out there (with full installer) which replaced the entire FDE with a better one. But I didn't think the original was bad anyway. F1 Mustang still the cream of the crop; heavy on frames but not in the NGX league! As long as you use sensible settings, it's perfectly usable. Beatiful systems, FDE, VC and modelling. Agree the ES stuff tends to look dated in the texturing department (nothing unfair at all about Ryan's comments. The texturing is there for everyone to see!). Systems and FDE pretty good though, but agree it feels more like a FS9 plane. We need a PMDG biz jet!

Citation X gives you both the longest legs and the highest speed, as far as available quality bizjets for FSX are concerned. The RR Citation X is the fastest bizjet in the world, AFAIK. However, the ES Citation X is getting old, frankly. Systems are good, but the thing needs a graphical overhaul, especially in the VC. XTreme Prototypes did change the graphics and a few technical issues in the SP2 update for the 20 series, but personally I think that SP2 was a step backward in the graphics department. The "used" texture idea was a good one, but the planes that use the "used" textures look downright neglected, dirty, and unsafe! The used look is just overdone. Also, the pre-SP2 VC looks better than the post-SP2 VC. Moreover, the passenger that SP2 adds is, again, ugly. Very much so. Distractingly ugly, in fact. When I flew it I just reverted back to the pre-SP2 version of the Lear. Still flies great, looks better, and I love all the steam gauges - they're very well done. The Mustang is very beautiful and easy to fly, but is heavy on the frame rates. You'll definitely need to scale back weather and graphical settings to get smooth performance while flying it.

Citation X gives you both the longest legs and the highest speed, as far as available quality bizjets for FSX are concerned. The RR Citation X is the fastest bizjet in the world, AFAIK.
I can't find the proof but I'm pretty sure they tested the new G650 just a bit faster than the Citation X. I think it was mach .99 in a descent or something.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |