Sign in to follow this  
N1G

"Shade" for FSX

I found the old post and there was considerable excitement about this and it sounded like it was going to be released. Anyone have any more info on this? I went out to the UK site but nothing happening? Bob Title of the topic edited after Shade's release.Thx!David Roch

Geez, food poisoning. That will keep you near the porcelin alter. Bob

Yup. I get 'food upset stomach' a decent amount but there's been at least twice in my life I've had the full thing and that'll keep you down for a good few God-aweful, life-hating days!

I found the old post and there was considerable excitement about this and it sounded like it was going to be released. Anyone have any more info on this? I went out to the UK site but nothing happening? Bob
I did my own shade. Drop your gamma 10 and your digital vibrance by ~the same amount and it looks pretty good. The gamma provides a bit of shadow/darkness while the digital vibrance desaturates the screen ever so slightly. Looks pretty good and its free,

Did he ever say how much he is going to charge for this modified shader?

Hi, posts some shots of what you did when you get a chance if you don't mind. Would like to see how it compares to FSX and to the shade images. Bob

I did my own shade. Drop your gamma 10 and your digital vibrance by ~the same amount and it looks pretty good. The gamma provides a bit of shadow/darkness while the digital vibrance desaturates the screen ever so slightly. Looks pretty good and its free,

If you dont mind me asking, how do you go about making the adjustments you mentioned?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Changing the gamma is not achieving the same thing 'Shade' does, there is far more to it than that. As well as having control over shadow depth, you have the ability to change the hue of both sunlit and shadow areas, which can make a huge impact on the terrains atmospheric environment . It a great tool for those of us who love to have as much control over FSX, and the way it look,s as possible.

Changing the gamma is not achieving the same thing 'Shade' does, there is far more to it than that. As well as having control over shadow depth, you have the ability to change the hue of both sunlit and shadow areas, which can make a huge impact on the terrains atmospheric environment . It a great tool for those of us who love to have as much control over FSX, and the way it look,s as possible.
There is no shade yet, so it's a moot point what it does, does not or will do. In your Nvidia graphics control panel, you'll find your gamma set to 0. Slide the notch to the left until you see -10 (or the darkening amount that you like) as well as the digital vibrance by ~ the same amount. For me it gives that little bit of extra contrast that I could get with ENB without the bloom turned on. I'm hoping shade will do this to a much higher degree, along the lines of ENB. I'm surprised that someone or some company has not come up with an ENB replacement specifically designed for FSX's needs. Maybe shade will come close, you never know.

Okay, I was just explaining what it [shade] does, which is quite different from gamma settings... and it will be out very soon smile.png I use Shade in conjunction with ENB, but others may find they can achieve what they desire without ENB. Cheers.

I'm interested to hear from anyone who's buys this first to let us know what they think. The price is right though, only $11.26 USD, but I'd like to see some indepth documentation and maybe some shots of the UI before I get it.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator