Sign in to follow this  
Markoz

C337 Autopilot problem

Every time I click on either the NAV or HDG, the ALT gets turned OFF.If I click on ALT, then it's NAV or HDG that get turned OFF. Anyone else having this problem? Or is it just me? sad.png It's just that it's frustrating when it does this, because sometimes my Sidewinder FF Joystick does not get centered when released and so the plane either climbs or dives (if ALT is turned off) or banks left or right (if NAV or HDG are turned off). Other than that, I love this aircraft (as I do all my Carenado aircraft). Great job Carenado! Keep up the great work. Mark

I have the same problem of ALT turning off HDG and have reported it to Carenado as a bug. I can subsequently turn HDG back on though.

Bert

I have the same problem of ALT turning off HDG and have reported it to Carenado as a bug. I can subsequently turn HDG back on though.
Thanks Bert. Just some more strange goings on - sometimes the light is ON, but the button ToolTip is displaying it as OFF (it's actually OFF). Other times it is Light OFF, but ToolTip says ON (it's actually ON). So the ToolTip is telling me the state of the mode, but the lights can sometimes be wrong and sometimes be right. I'm trusting ToolTip for now. laugh.png Mark

Guest bstolle

I've tried to get the attitude hold switch tooltip to show on, but I can't. Under which condition does it say on?BTW, it says attitude not altitude, and there's no attitude switch on this AP so the attitude tooltip should always show off (the tooltip should correctly be labelled altitude on/off of course)As soon as the alt light is on and the AP is engaged, the AP holds the altitude. Some APs need a vertical mode before a horizontal mode can be engaged if both modes are used togetherWith this AP this might be the case as well.You can only engage hdg or nav together with the alt mode if the alt has been engaged first.Pressing the alt button after the nav or hdg modes have been engaged cancels the nav or hdg mode

Some APs need a vertical mode before a horizontal mode can be engaged if both modes are used togetherWith this AP this might be the case as well.You can only engage hdg or nav together with the alt mode if the alt has been engaged first.Pressing the alt button after the nav or hdg modes have been engaged cancels the nav or hdg mode
Hi Bernt - so is this correct AP behavior then? (ignoring the Tooltips which I do not have enabled..)

Bert

Guest bstolle

I don't know if that's an exact replica of the 337 AP but it works that way nicely on my system and it's at least not 'unrealistic'.I also never use the tooltips as I generally know which buttons I'm pushing ;)

OK - I can live with it. It adds to the quirky character of this airplane! Flies very nicely!! And the AP does do the job, including LPV guidance with theRXP GNS. So overall, very nice!

Bert

Looking at the Cessna 400A IFCS supplement, Bernt's explanation makes perfect sense. Unfortunately, there's nothing in the supplement that specifically confirms this, but when selecting ALTITUDE HOLD, the steps are to push the ALT button, check for ALT annunciation, then adjust rudder and lateral trim. I suspect that the only reason you'd need to make rudder and aileron trim adjustments after activating the ALT HOLD function would be if the IFCS does something to all three servo axes upon selection. So, I have to agree...this is probably normal behavior.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

I can't make AP function at all. The button is permanently greyed out. Alt and Heading buttons light when pressed, but don't do their job. Help!

Guest bstolle

They can't do their job because the autopilot isn't engaged. The autopilot master switch, roll and pitch controls are located just below the throttle quadrant.

Every time I click on either the NAV or HDG, the ALT gets turned OFF.If I click on ALT, then it's NAV or HDG that get turned OFF. Anyone else having this problem? Or is it just me? sad.png It's just that it's frustrating when it does this, because sometimes my Sidewinder FF Joystick does not get centered when released and so the plane either climbs or dives (if ALT is turned off) or banks left or right (if NAV or HDG are turned off). Other than that, I love this aircraft (as I do all my Carenado aircraft). Great job Carenado! Keep up the great work. Mark
Markoz, the only problem I find is I hit the HDG button, and it makes a little bank in teh wrong direction, and then goes in the correct direction.

Inactive

Thanks Peter. I pretty sure I've worked it out now. I just ignore what the ToolTip says.laugh.png