Sign in to follow this  
Jonny2174

New aircraft focus point for FS Recorder...how to do it?

Hey guys, Just wondering. I've seen several videos using FS Recorder, that have the camera focused on the part of an aircraft other than the middle of fuselage (i.e. an engine, the nose, etc.). How do you do this? I've read the manual, it doesn't seem to cover this... Thanks! JC

In spot view press Ctrl+V to make a new view. You should then be able to pan around which "sets" your new view. Now repeatedly press "V" and you should be able to cycle between normal FS spot view and your new view. You should see a blue title at the top of the screen that tells you momentarily which view you're in. Every time you press Ctrl+V you make a new fsrecorder view, I believe it copies the view you were in when you pressed Ctrl+V. You can make as many views as you want, cycle through them one by one by pressing "V" or cycle backwards by pressing "Shift+V". There are 2 modes of panning in the advanced spot views, first seems like normal FS Spot view where you move your viewpoint about the aircraft's central axis, let's call that "mode A" for example. The second mode is toggled by pressing your numpad Del key, and allows you to pan 360° in all directions from a given location about the aircraft, let's call this "mode B". So in mode A bring the eyepoint around to the nose of the aircraft. Use Ctrl+Enter and Ctrl+Backspace to move the eyepoint nearer/farther from the aircraft. Press numpad Del to switch to mode B and pivot the view so you're looking at the nose of the aircraft as desired. Now press "V" repeatedly to cycle through all the views you've created. Advanced VC views are similar except that you only have the one mode of view and you must move your eyepoint about the cockpit/cabin with keys. Shift+Enter and Shift+Backspace will move the eyepoint up and down. Ctrl+Shift+Enter and Ctrl+Shift+Backspace will move the eyepoint left and right. Ctrl+Enter and Ctrl+Backspace for fwd/back. You can save the views from the FSRecorder menu if desired and they will also be recorded to an .ini file when you close the sim so they'll be there next time you fly. If you adjust the views they get updated in the .ini so the adjustment will also be there next time you fly. Normally you'd want to save advanced spot and advanced VC views associated with a particular aircraft, i.e "172_skyhawk.spt" or "AFG_Kingair.vc". advanced tower views would be associated with an airport, i.e. "KSEA.twr". Hope that helps,Jim

Thanks Jim. It worked well finding new camera spots for an aircraft exterior view. But I have another question. Whenever I am in Tower View, and I press period, and it allows me to look wherever I want. However, now it doesn't track the aircraft anymore, no matter what I do! Pressing del. on the keyboard doesnt work. How can I find new focus points with the tower view?

In tower views the numpad Del key should toggle whether or not the view follows the aircraft. I think the idea is to move the tower eyepoint to another part of the field. You can move the tower eyepoint with keystrokes, they're pretty much the same keys I mentioned in the post above for the VC. From your new tower position you can press numpad Del and the view should snap to the aircraft and follow it. Then you could watch your landing from several different locations on the field by cycling the "V" key. Jim