Sign in to follow this  
ehl1

Mouse wheel not working anymore for MCP knobs

Any ideas on how to restore it?Mouse wheel definitely works - all other programs see it as a scroll. and I can use L and R mouse buttons to change values on MCP windows, but up until now the mouse wheel was working for all of them and now works for none. I did just install EZ Dok Camera, but even when I globally disabled it and then uninstalled it, it did not restore this functionality... Anyone with similar issues? -Ed Levine

That did not work - any other thoughts? Do I have to uninstall and reinstall the NGX? Ed

Hi Ed, my name is George Clark and I have have had this problem since I first installed Win7/64, FSX and PMDG 747X. I have tried everything I know to do , no satisfaction. I have clean reinstalled FSX, PMDG 747X, Replaced Wheeled Mouse. I posted topics on this forum, FSX and Win 7, no luck. This has been going on for several months and I can't use FSX. I previously had FS9 with Win XP. TrackBall Wheel Mouse worked fine. This mouse works fine on other applications. Any help would be greatly appreciated. George Clark

Any ideas on how to restore it?Mouse wheel definitely works - all other programs see it as a scroll. and I can use L and R mouse buttons to change values on MCP windows, but up until now the mouse wheel was working for all of them and now works for none. I did just install EZ Dok Camera, but even when I globally disabled it and then uninstalled it, it did not restore this functionality... Anyone with similar issues? -Ed Levine
Same issue here. As far as I can tell it just randomly stopped working one day. I have not reinstalled the ngx yet.

Well I just tried a full deinstallation of everything (EZ Dok, then NGX, then FS X Acceleration Pack, then FS X). Rebooted. Then began progressive fresh install with program start at each stage and reboots before next program. I stopped after NGX reinstall and lo and behold - STILL does not work. So either EZ Dok made some registry changes that are still persistent, or this is an unrelated problem. It is not the end of the world, but certainly annoying as using the mouse wheel is so easy for MCP and Pressurization knobs vs positioning mouse and right/left clicking progressively. This seems so strange to me - it just makes no sense. Am using 2 different mice - 1 is 2.4GHZ wireless, 1 is bluetooth. Both wheels work perfectly in every other application. I suppose next step would be reinstall of Windows as if a new system - lots of work to get this functionality back...are there really no other ideas? What could be causing this? ThanksEd

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but I've just experienced the same problem. It occurred after I changed the standard text size in windows 7 from the default 125% to 150%. Changing it back solved the problem.

Also on this:

1. Your view position could be "inside" the VC geometry (like the seat back) - this stops the clickspots from registering.

2. If you're using EZCA you need to run their config utility that adds entries to the aircraft.cfg - I know the VC gets messed up if you don't do this.

Aside from that though I'm really at a loss to explain this - mouse clicking and that kind of stuff is a OS and FSX level thing - we aren't controlling that ourselves aside from setting up definitions for what clicks are going to register as what events etc. I know of no way for a mouse to just stop working that's the result of the airplane itself, that just isn't how it works.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Just to clarify, this was a problem with ALL aircraft (default and 3rd party) in FSX, not just PMDG and occurred irrespective of view. The dials could be changed with right and left clicks but not using the scroll. Presumably there was some sort of conflict between W7 and FSX.

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but I've just experienced the same problem. It occurred after I changed the standard text size in windows 7 from the default 125% to 150%. Changing it back solved the problem.

The same thing has just happened with me. I wonder if there is a way to change the font size just for FSX?

My issue is that for some reason since I moved to a Saitek yoke and therefore 'disabled controllers' in FSX as I am using FSUIPC, I have to slew my view mode until I am sitting virtually on the centre panel to get any button movement whatsoever!!!  Hate it like that.  

My issue is that for some reason since I moved to a Saitek yoke and therefore 'disabled controllers' in FSX as I am using FSUIPC, I have to slew my view mode until I am sitting virtually on the centre panel to get any button movement whatsoever!!!  Hate it like that.  

Just to answer my own question in FSUIPC under Miscellaneous is the mouse setting.  Ticked the box and all good.  God bless FSUIPC.