Sign in to follow this  
Paul Deemer

How to Fix the CTD when loading NGX and it Crashes

Important to note that this has nothing to do with CTDs while in Flight. This only applys to when your are either loading up the NGX for a New Flight or after a Crash and loading a Saved Flight. It has been reported many times and majority of times I have suggested this solution it fixed the problem. So if you see somebody reporting a crash while loading up the NGX, try suggesting this simple solution before you suggest a complex and time consuming procedure such as editing or deleting the FSX.cfg file. Disconnect your Flight controllers from the computer, then load new or saved flight. After flight loads reconnect the controllers and then calibrate them. Very simple solution. Not sure why this is happening but It usually happens after installing a HotFix and loading the NGX up for the first time, or after a crash during the middle of a flight and trying to reload the Flight from the last AutoSave. Obviously there is a glitch somewhere and the NGX does not like having certain type controllers plugged in while it is loading a flight. The other solution that usually works is loading up the 747-400X first and then switching planes while at the gate. However the original solution in bold above is the easiest way.

Most of the cases we've seen of this at support involve the Saitek X52, which is very strange since I have an X52 system myself and used it all through testing without issue... We'll look into why this could be, but the freezing issues are still the priority for us right now as far as investigating.At first glance it doesn't make any sense to us - we don't start accessing or processing joystick commands until the 20 second countdown after the plane has already loaded.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Most of the cases we've seen of this at support involve the Saitek X52, which is very strange since I have an X52 system myself
Me too Ryan, I have the Saitek X52 Pro and Saitek Rudder Pedals. Everyone that experienced this so far that I have helped had the X52 or X52 Pro. So obviously it won't help everyone experiecing a crash on NGX load. Just suggesting that they try the easiest and less painful solution first before getting into more complex solutions. Only takes a couple seconds to find out if its the controllers.Big%20Grin.gif