Sign in to follow this  
wardp

Fatal Error after Hot Fix 3 update

Yesterday I updated the NGX with Hot Fix 3 after my first panel freeze however today while on the final approach I armed the spoilers which promptly gave a CTD with the following error referring to the PMDG_737NGX_3.DLL file. DescriptionFaulting Application Path: G:\FSX\fsx.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: fsx.exeApplication Version: 10.0.61637.0Application Timestamp: 46fadb14Fault Module Name: PMDG_737NGX_3.DLLFault Module Version: 1.0.0.1Fault Module Timestamp: 4d580618Exception Code: c0000005Exception Offset: 000087d7OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3Locale ID: 2057Extra information about the problemLCID: 2057 RegardsPhil

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti

Hmmm thats the TCAS. Something happened with the TCAS and caused the crash

Thanks for the advice. I'll warch out for that on future flights. Phil

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti

Had no crashes nor freezes for a while. Today climbing out of YVR, I noticed my TCAS wasn't on. I moved the TCAS button to the right and got a fatal error on FSX. Also, I tend to do not more than one flight a day as my NGX seems to crash or freeze at the second or third flight latest. This was my second flight of the day. Hope this helps the PMDG team, Regards, Ralf

Just hit the same problem:

Problem signature:  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH  Application Name: fsx.exe  Application Version: 10.0.61637.0  Application Timestamp: 46fadb14  Fault Module Name: PMDG_737NGX_3.DLL  Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.1  Fault Module Timestamp: 4d580618  Exception Code: c0000005  Exception Offset: 000087d7  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48  Locale ID: 1033Additional information about the problem:  LCID: 1033

TCAS makes sense -- I was in the final stages of an ILS approach, and had been vectored into the approach by FSX ATC, which didn't seem to have left remotely enough room between approaching aircraft. (The aircraft in front of me on the approach had just been given a go-around a few seconds before the crash, and I'd already had a TCAS warning a bit earlier in the approach.) Not good that TCAS can cause the entire sim to bomb out though, there's obviously something here that needs looking at...

Mike Tomkins
Knoxville, TN
Flight Sim user since the subLOGIC / Apple II days

Just hit the same problem:
Problem signature:  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH  Application Name: fsx.exe  Application Version: 10.0.61637.0  Application Timestamp: 46fadb14  Fault Module Name: PMDG_737NGX_3.DLL  Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.1  Fault Module Timestamp: 4d580618  Exception Code: c0000005  Exception Offset: 000087d7  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48  Locale ID: 1033Additional information about the problem:  LCID: 1033

TCAS makes sense -- I was in the final stages of an ILS approach, and had been vectored into the approach by FSX ATC, which didn't seem to have left remotely enough room between approaching aircraft. (The aircraft in front of me on the approach had just been given a go-around a few seconds before the crash, and I'd already had a TCAS warning a bit earlier in the approach.) Not good that TCAS can cause the entire sim to bomb out though, there's obviously something here that needs looking at...

if you have FSUIPC installed, try to uninstall it and try your same flight again, it might help, I know it did for me with same error you're getting.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Thanks for the reply! How do you know uninstalling FSUIPC helped? Hopefully you weren't getting the problem so frequently that it would be obvious that removing FSUIPC made a difference, but at the same time, I can't think of any other way to know the problem was fixed. From what little I know, FSUIPC's a very commonly used (and frequently recommended) addon, and some of my other addons rely on it (eg. FeelThere ERJ v.2 weather radar), so I'd want to be sure it really was advisable to remove it before doing so.

Mike Tomkins
Knoxville, TN

Thanks for the reply! How do you know uninstalling FSUIPC helped? Hopefully you weren't getting the problem so frequently that it would be obvious that removing FSUIPC made a difference, but at the same time, I can't think of any other way to know the problem was fixed. From what little I know, FSUIPC's a very commonly used (and frequently recommended) addon, and some of my other addons rely on it (eg. FeelThere ERJ v.2 weather radar), so I'd want to be sure it really was advisable to remove it before doing so.
Just go to "\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules" or where ever your FSX is and you will find "FSUIPC4.DLL", just take a copy of it in safe place, and remove it from this folder till you test NGX, if it works OK that could be the problem, if it does not help, return it back and carry out FSX repair by using DVD's and remove (back up first) FSX.cfg file to have a new refreshed one and try. wish you luck.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

or u can just disable it via the dll.xml file.which is in C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xmlopen in notepad and change the <Disabled> to True.

<Launch.Addon>	<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>	<Disabled>True</Disabled>	<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path></Launch.Addon>

How do you know it's the TCAS? Bert Van Bulck

How do you know it's the TCAS? Bert Van Bulck
by the config file "PMDG_737NGX_3.ini"or by right click the file -> properties -> details.

Thanks, guys! Only seen this once so far, but if it recurs after the service pack, I'll give the suggestions a try...

Mike Tomkins
Knoxville, TN

Strange...I don't remember PMDG releasing information about how their dlls work.

Chris Hicks