Sign in to follow this  
TurbofanDude

Now I understand...

Well, I would like to officially revise my NGX nose down climb issue reports. I have discovered the exact reason, and I will explain it as I understand it. The PMDG 737NGX users a custom flaps system, as shown by the default F6 and F7 not controlling them. I was using FSUIPC to calibrate my flaps axis, which was using the default FSX flaps engine. This works to the degree that the NGX will show my flaps are down, but the hang up is on retraction. I repeated this test multiple times; I disabled FSUIPC, no nose down climb. I enabled it, but changed no settings; No nose down climb. I calibrated my throttle, speedbrake, and reverse thrust, no nose down climb. I calibrated my flaps lever through FSUIPC, BOOM, nose down climb! So, with that in mind, I played around with some settings and discovered through testing that the airplane is flying at though it has around flaps 10, despite no indication of that on the instruments. This is caused by a mis-match of information from my TQ-6. I am currently in the process of writing LUA commands for the NGX flaps movement to program to my flaps lever for use, and for the time being, I will just click the flaps handle. So, thank you to the people who have all thrown your ideas in, and I cannot believe it took me this long to really listen to what everyone was saying. Once again, I look like a a037-cartoon-donkey-clipart.jpg for blaming PMDG for a problem they didn't even cause. Any recommendations as to throttle calibration fixes are appreciated, although at this time my NGX finally works.

Collin Biedenkapp
Chief Executive Officer
TFDi Design (Invernyx) | Website

You learned a valuable lesson in critical thinking. Don't make judgments with certainty until you have all the facts and information and have isolated all variables.

I still find this odd as I have the nose down decent issue, but i dont have FSUIPC

Derek Lane

Passenger Division Vice-President

AirHaul Airline Alliance

I am talking about the airplane CLIMBING the nose down, the plane will descend with the nose down, as it is very slippery.

Collin Biedenkapp
Chief Executive Officer

The PMDG 737NGX users a custom flaps system, as shown by the default F6 and F7 not controlling them.
They do and always did for me. At least they control the lever, that's for sure. Just standard FSX assignment. sig.gif

I'm with Etienne. The flaps up-down FSX default commands are mapped in my X52 and there was no need to change anything with NGX! Flaps move where I want without any problem!

They do and always did for me. At least they control the lever, that's for sure. Just standard FSX assignment. sig.gif
I haven't checked this.... but maybe there are flaps assignments in the CDU for that, and maybe they're set to F6 and F7... If you were to delete those assignments... maybe the same thing that happened to Collin here might happen. And, then again, this might be one of several issues that have to do with controlling the NGX via FSUIPC. PMDG did say they want to stop using FSUIPC all together or something along those lines. Also, Collin, do you happen to know where i can start learning how to write LUA for FSX?

Cristi Neagu

I can teach you, you just have to have a registered FSUIPC. Once you get the base outline, it's not bad. I'll PM you with more details.

Collin Biedenkapp
Chief Executive Officer

You learned a valuable lesson in critical thinking. Don't make judgments with certainty until you have all the facts and information and have isolated all variables.
Nicely said Sir... It's a sad fact that some NGX pilots who experience a hardware/software problem (or both), starts a hate thread then swearing that they would never buy from PMDG again... The NGX is such a great product, when I flew the 747-8i after a long time with the NGX, I felt "a difference" in terms of depth and level of detail (no insult intended)...

No, I agree. As portrayed by my clipart above, I recognize my mistake.

Collin Biedenkapp
Chief Executive Officer

No, I agree. As portrayed by my clipart above, I recognize my mistake.
Hi! My post was not for you... Certainly you had the patience of troubleshooting and fixing the problems yourself. Have a safe flight and enjoy!

lol, ok. Thanks! I have discovered that my other hardware have assigned ghost buttons to the flaps as well, and the reason the F6 keys aren't working has to do with TrackIR button conflicts.I removed all the odd buttons and will be retesting.

Collin Biedenkapp
Chief Executive Officer

The PMDG 737NGX users a custom flaps system, as shown by the default F6 and F7 not controlling them.
Except that F6 and F7 do control the flaps on my NGX when I press them. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I rrealized later that is was yet another hardware conflict causing that not to work.

Collin Biedenkapp
Chief Executive Officer