Sign in to follow this  
lucasfernandes

FUEL PLANNER FOR THE NGX

I was only wondering why not make a standard fuel planner for NGX. It has only the options percentages of the fuel to be used or the quantity, that, in most of the cases, we guess that will be fine for the flight. Would be very nice to have a fuel planner for the planes, nothing complex, just to be there and help us to have a better and more realistic flight. P.S.: What a nice job you did with this bird! Waiting anxiously for the expansion packs!!

I just use the FMC for fuel planning. Its pretty accurate.
It's certainly more accurate than any external fuel planner is ever going to be. Input winds aloft data if you want a more accurate fuel required prediction, don't forget to allow fuel for reserve, taxi and alternate etc.

Cheers, Andy.

I use this: http://www.volny.cz/fs2002/B737FPL/B737FPL.htmIt's free, it can retrieve your load from FSX, and it's pretty accurate. And unlike aerotexas.com you can tell it at what flight you'll be flying. Inputting an alternate at about 75 miles from the destination, i usually arrive with about 2500-3000kg of fuel on board, including 1000kg reserves. It works very well. One thing though... it can load the fuel into your tanks as well, but i haven't tried it because i remember PMDG saying the NGX doesn't like when external programs mess about with fuel loading.

Cristi Neagu

The fuel figures it gives are waaaaaaaaay off. Still it's better then nothing.
I wish people would actually test things before commenting. I just flew the PMDG 737-800 NGX from Boston to Detroit. Aerotexas.com said I will need 12,038 lbs and I just used 11,193 lbs. I don't think that's waaaaaaaay off considering it has no idea how fast I'm going to fly, how heavy I am and what the wind conditions are. Now all the extra fuel may be off because it said I needed to fill the tanks to 21,833 lbs which left me an extra 10,640 lbs. I'm not sure how much extra I really needed but it is a little less then 1.5 hrs of fuel. The fuel planner mentioned here will give fatal errors if opened and then trying to load the 737NGX.

TOPCAT. It's all you need to know. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I wish people would actually test things before commenting. I just flew the PMDG 737-800 NGX from Boston to Detroit. Aerotexas.com said I will need 12,038 lbs and I just used 11,193 lbs. I don't think that's waaaaaaaay off considering it has no idea how fast I'm going to fly, how heavy I am and what the wind conditions are. Now all the extra fuel may be off because it said I needed to fill the tanks to 21,833 lbs which left me an extra 10,640 lbs. I'm not sure how much extra I really needed but it is a little less then 1.5 hrs of fuel. The fuel planner mentioned here will give fatal errors if opened and then trying to load the 737NGX.
Hold on a second, what? So you only loaded the fuel amount it suggests for the flight and not the reserves or anything else? Then you come here and blast me? No holding fuel, no contingency fuel, no diversion fuel, NOTHING and you come and BLAST ME? Dude, you have to be kidding me right? I'm not even going to argue this one, it's so silly. You do not need 21,833 pounds of fuel to fly from KBOS to KDTW point blank. Here's another one for you. According to AeroTexas.com a flight from KMIA to KLAX requires 48,498lbs of fuel. Now I don't know about the 737NGX you're using but mine tops out at 46,057lbs which is a difference of 2,441lbs to much. Besides that I don't need 46,057lbs of fuel to fly from KMIA to KLAX. AeroTexas.com is a great site and I recommend it to all the people who ask how I get my fuel planning but it's not accurate with the 737NGX. I hope you don't fly on AVSIM or even with Radar Contact because the first time they put you in a hold or give you delayed vectors you'll have to declare bingo fuel. So you loaded 12,038lbs and used 11,193lbs which left you with 845lbs reserves? Oh my God remind me to never fly with you. Here I said I wasn't going to argue this point. Be grateful this is only a simulation or I'm pretty sure FAA would be calling you in to revoke your pilots license landing a 738 with only 845lbs fuel reserve.

Edward Smoker Sr.

Hold on a second, what? So you only loaded the fuel amount it suggests for the flight and not the reserves or anything else? Then you come here and blast me? No holding fuel, no contingency fuel, no diversion fuel, NOTHING and you come and BLAST ME? Dude, you have to be kidding me right? I'm not even going to argue this one, it's so silly. You do not need 21,833 pounds of fuel to fly from KBOS to KDTW point blank. Here's another one for you. According to AeroTexas.com a flight from KMIA to KLAX requires 48,498lbs of fuel. Now I don't know about the 737NGX you're using but mine tops out at 46,057lbs which is a difference of 2,441lbs to much. Besides that I don't need 46,057lbs of fuel to fly from KMIA to KLAX. AeroTexas.com is a great site and I recommend it to all the people who ask how I get my fuel planning but it's not accurate with the 737NGX. I hope you don't fly on AVSIM or even with Radar Contact because the first time they put you in a hold or give you delayed vectors you'll have to declare bingo fuel. So you loaded 12,038lbs and used 11,193lbs which left you with 845lbs reserves? Oh my God remind me to never fly with you. Here I said I wasn't going to argue this point. Be grateful this is only a simulation or I'm pretty sure FAA would be calling you in to revoke your pilots license landing a 738 with only 845lbs fuel reserve.
ROFL, holy cow. First of all you need to slow down and read what is written. Where do I write that I took off without 21,833 lbs? I loaded 21,833 lbs of fuel my hyper little friend and according to the rules that's not to far off and once again Aerotexas is not considering my weight, wind and how fast I am going to fly so its a damn good website. Now the FAA requires I have enough fuel to fly to my destination and then to my alternate and then land with at least 45 minutes of fuel. Aerotexas is not far off. As stated above I also flew the PMDG 737 NGX and I have no idea how you fly on Avsim, I thought they were a website. I do however fly on Vatsim and have been since it was called Satco. Do you remember Satco? Radar Contact is garbage, worst purchase I made on flight sims. Last thing, why don't you come here and post something that is going to help someone? You have offered nothing to help the fella that made the original post.

For the 737-800, Aerotexas is pretty far off. Try using the 737-700 option and add 1000-2000 lbs of fuel. Works like a charm! I usually land with 6500-7500 lbs of fuel.

Also you are correct, you don't need 48,498 lbs of fuel to fly from Miami to LA, you only need 37,433 lbs according to Aerotexas. It's adding 11,066 lbs for reserves which is saying its 1 hour and 34 minutes worth of fuel. 3,502 lbs for holds, 5,254 for diversions and 2,309 for Contingency. Explain to me how that is as you say "waaaaaaaaaaay" off?

Okay this is going in a negative direction. Allow me to offer the proverbial peace pipe. As for useful input to the opening post you are correct. I did not offer anything and it would have been better if I had. For that I am wrong; however, outside AeroTexas I do not have payware. TopCat is better as I understand it. Hyper little friend... really? LOL. AeroTexas is saying, using KMIA to KLAX as an example, that the flight requires 37,433lbs which is fuel burn and does not include taxi, holding, or any of the other reserves that are normal. If you fly using reserves Aerotexas recommends loading 48,498lbs of fuel total for that flight. That is 2,000+lbs more than can be loaded. So what are you talking about now? You've lost me and I want to understand before I go on.

Edward Smoker Sr.

My point was is that the actual fuel needed is not way off but the reserve amounts could be. I haven't manually figured out fuel with a pencil in many years so I have forgotten the formula. However I have been using Aerotexas for a while now and have never ran out of fuel. Since we are not using real money I don't worry about loading a little to much fuel. I punch in the airports, select my aircraft and I'm done with that. Now I just did Rhen's advice with the 737-700 which is giving me only 7,848 lbs needed with 6,387 for reserve totaling 14,234. Now add the 2,000 lbs and I have 16,234 lbs. I used 11,193 so I really don't know if 5,041 lbs is a good comfortable amount for me. I'll stick to the 737-800 option. I also fly Eaglesoft's Citation X alot and have never ran out of fuel with that option either.