Sign in to follow this  
lucasfernandes

FUEL PLANNER FOR THE NGX

Who said the estimated fuel usage is "waaaaaaaaay off"? I certainly didn't. The total fuel suggested by AeroTexas.com is too much. Point-in-fact that you can't even load the total fuel suggested for some of the longer routes. I honestly still do no understand what you are saying and I'm not saying that to be rude. I suspect we are talking about two different but related things from that website. Are you saying the fuel suggestions are correct and the amount offered should be used? Or are you saying the estimated fuel usage is correct and a different amount should be used for the reserves? It appears we are speaking of two different things here. You are talking about the estimated fuel usage suggested and I am talking about the total fuel. So again I repeat what I have already said. The fuel suggested by AeroTexas is way off. What does the Eaglesoft Citation X have to do with the 737NGX suggested fuel load? I understand you are using at as an example of not running out of fuel while using the fuel suggestions from AeroTexas but we are not discussing that plane so I don't see the point of bringing it up. Did someone say they ran out of fuel while using AeroTexas? As I understand the discussion to this point is that there is too much total fuel being suggested. If you or someone else decides to use the estimated fuel usage and combine it with their own reserve amount then that is a separate discussion. The topic as I understand it for clarity is: Using a flight in the 737-800NGX from KMIA to KLAX the excellent AeroTexas website (which I still say is awesome) recommends a 37,433lbs fuel usage plus 3,502lbs for holding plus 5,254lbs for diversions plus 2,309lbs contingency fuel. Therefore if you follow AeroTexas you should load 48,498lbs "Fuel On Board" not anything less. Keep in mind this is only one example of how AeroTexas is suggesting to much fuel. To the best of my knowledge this fuel suggestion is for the default 737-800 therefore it will not give proper fuel usage for the 738NGX. If anyone wants to help AeroTexas improve the fuel usage Garen, the owner, is a great guy who enjoys getting help to improve the website. Please download and run the free client at the link at the bottom of his webpage. If he gets enough input he can add the plane to the drop down box the same way the 737-300 (Wilco) has it's own option.

Edward Smoker Sr.

I can't help with the default planes in FSX or FS9, I only fly payware and 46,000 lbs of capacity is a bit low according to Boeing's website on the 738NGX. I just gave the guy above an option to help estimate his fuel and I don't really care anymore what you do or how you do it. Aerotexas works for me and that's all I care about. Have a good day.

I can't help with the default planes in FSX or FS9,
Wow, you're lost in space.
I only fly payware and 46,000 lbs of capacity is a bit low according to Boeing's website on the 738NGX.
Well, this tells me you don't actually own the PMDG 737NGX. Boeing website? if you do own it you should take a look at the FMC; 46,057lbs is the max fuel load for the base PMDG 737NGX. If you don't think that is a correct amount open a support ticket with PMDG. They set that limit not me. I only read what is clearly written in the FMC. You need to sign your forum posts with your name by the way.

Edward Smoker Sr.

here s the datas i found for a kmia klax holding 00:30 2 710altn 200nm 00:37 3 900route 2200 nm 5:03 27 900 303 minresv 10% : 2 790 00:3037 300 lbs + taxi fuel for a ldw of 130 klbs. but this is only Boeing datas ...

kbos kdtw 8700 1:40 600 nm route 100 min870 0:10 route res3700 0:37 altn2710 0:30 holding130 klbs ldw i dont know for FAR reserve but you got an idea about your fuel needs ...

TOPCAT. It's all you need to know. Al
+1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Great info phil747fan and thank you. I keep hearing TopCat is the best; however, it only appears to support a few planes. How about planes not covered such as the Wilco E175, just pulling that out of thin air if there's a better example I'm all ears, what do you do for planes not covered? I sure dislike the thought of dropping money on something that only covers a few planes. I also understand there is a newer version coming out to replace TopCat. Spending money on a product that will obsolete soon is a turn off as well. Any guidance from the TopCat owners?

Edward Smoker Sr.

Wow, you're lost in space. Well, this tells me you don't actually own the PMDG 737NGX. Boeing website? if you do own it you should take a look at the FMC; 46,057lbs is the max fuel load for the base PMDG 737NGX. If you don't think that is a correct amount open a support ticket with PMDG. They set that limit not me. I only read what is clearly written in the FMC. You need to sign your forum posts with your name by the way.
Dude, what is your problem? Why don't you use some of your energy and help the thread in someway? You fly default planes around and I don't. Fill your plane up with however much fuel you want, turn the autopilot on and act like you're somebody. I don't care, I don't need to prove a thing to you. And if you're so special and know everything why don't you man up and buy a plane? Go pay 70 bucks and get the PMDG 737 series, then come back and talk. You get 4 planes for 70 bucks, that's 17.50 a plane. Other then the VRS FA/18 Super Hornet (which I also own) is the best plane you can buy for FSX. Do you even own FSX yet? Do you want to start comparing fuel burns with the VRS to the default FA/18 also? Maybe we can take an apple and an orange and compare those too.

Dude, what is your problem? Why don't you use some of your energy and help the thread in someway? You fly default planes around and I don't. Fill your plane up with however much fuel you want, turn the autopilot on and act like you're somebody. I don't care, I don't need to prove a thing to you. And if you're so special and know everything why don't you man up and buy a plane? Go pay 70 bucks and get the PMDG 737 series, then come back and talk. You get 4 planes for 70 bucks, that's 17.50 a plane. Other then the VRS FA/18 Super Hornet (which I also own) is the best plane you can buy for FSX. Do you even own FSX yet? Do you want to start comparing fuel burns with the VRS to the default FA/18 also? Maybe we can take an apple and an orange and compare those too.
You are way to hostile. Read what was posted by me and several members here. I'm not even going to ask for you to quote where I said I fly default because you won't find that comment. Also you need to sign your name to your posts. It's the forum rules.

Edward Smoker Sr.

You are way to hostile. Read what was posted by me and several members here. I'm not even going to ask for you to quote where I said I fly default because you won't find that comment. Also you need to sign your name to your posts. It's the forum rules.
OK, let me try to explain this to you one last time. Lucas came here asking for a program to help him estimate fuel. I gave him a FREE website called Aerotexas which is not perfect but it has served me well over the years. You come on here and say "those fuel figures are waaaaaaaaaay off" without offering and explanation as to why. They are not waaaaaaaay off but actually pretty damn accurate with all the variables that go into fuel planning. Then you fall back on the fact that Aerotexas is telling you to load more fuel then your plane can so its garbage. For one it doesn't care how much fuel your plane can hold, it is only telling you how much you need to make that flight. You as the PIC needs to determine if your plane can make that flight or will you have to make a stop along the way. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT? I use Aerotexas with multiple planes I fly and it has not failed me yet but you still come one here not helping anyone trying for whatever reason to make me look stupid and I really don't give a rats &@($* what you think, say or try to prove. If you don't like the figures Aerotexas gives you then don't use them but at least come here with something to help someone jackwagon! My name is Nugent, Ted Nugent.

So hostile, I'm not going to reply to you anymore. I'm sorry if you feel I was trying to make you feel stupid or whatever. You've taken my comments and twisted them out of context. Enjoy your guitar Ted.

Edward Smoker Sr.

Guys, do you really believe someone is interested in reading your posts?Please use PMs if you wish to continue arguing (...)And give this topic a break.Thanks!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.