Sign in to follow this  
lucasfernandes

FUEL PLANNER FOR THE NGX

I still don't know why you people don't use this fuel planner: http://www.volny.cz/fs2002/B737FPL/B737FPL.htm It works perfectly. It's free and it gives almost the same figures as vRoute Premium. And, on top of that, it allows you to specify the exact distance you'll be flying (so you can correct for winds) and the altitude at which you'll be flying, something that AeroTexas doesn't do. So, what gives?

Cristi Neagu

Thanks for the link to this program Cristi, seems very easy to use too ;)
Just don't try to add fuel with it to the NGX. It will play very nice when trying to retrieve payload, but adding fuel... big no-no. Just use the CDU for that.

Cristi Neagu

This is interesting, right from TOPCAT's website. Fuel CalculationTOPCAT also does fuel estimates for it's aircraft types and a given departure/destination airport. These calculations are based on LRC (Long Range Cruise) at given weight. The values also include fuel to an alternate and 30 minutes final reserve. While these calculations are fine for most flights, TOPCAT was not designed to be a fuel planner. So manual adjustments might be required under certain circumstances (strong headwinds, long route, etc...) If you desire a "Free Program" to use for your 737 fuel programming I recommend this one instead: http://www.metacraft.com/737NGFP/ A long time ago I was using Cristi's recommendation but was landing with to much fuel. The virtual airline chief pilot I was flying for at the time recommended this one instead for the PMDG 737's and my numbers improved greatly. I have not used either of them with FSX and PMDG's 737NGX yet. Like I said Aerotexas is fine so that's what I've been using.

You guys do realize that there is a fuel planner for the fs9 NG that is more than capable. You can corrent for wind and choose a flight level and dictate how much fuel for taxi, reserves, and contingency as well as alternates. You even put in your payload. The best thing is that it will give you the loads for each tank........and they are only off by about 10 pounds when put into the ngx fmc.The really great part about it is that its in the downloads section of the pmdg website....and its free!!!!!

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

The really great part about it is that its in the downloads section of the pmdg website....and its free!!!!!
The dl link is down for quite awhile now ... mind to upload it so that users who dont were so lucky to dl it before they took down the file ?

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

If you desire a "Free Program" to use for your 737 fuel programming I recommend this one instead: http://www.metacraft.com/737NGFP/ A long time ago I was using Cristi's recommendation but was landing with to much fuel. The virtual airline chief pilot I was flying for at the time recommended this one instead for the PMDG 737's and my numbers improved greatly. I have not used either of them with FSX and PMDG's 737NGX yet. Like I said Aerotexas is fine so that's what I've been using.
I saw that program a while back, and i can't say I've tried it. But, from what I see, it should perform good because it's working off the fuel planning tables for the 737. And that's also why I don't like it. You are limited in you choices. You can only choose odd flight levels, only certain distances... Either way, it is a good suggestion. Thanks :)

Cristi Neagu

The dl link is down for quite awhile now ... mind to upload it so that users who dont were so lucky to dl it before they took down the file ?
Like upload to the forums.... how do i do that? lol

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Using the documentation PMDG provides with the NGX, I started to create a very sophisticated spreadsheet with all of the tables, using matrix TREND() functions to find the exact value between air miles, etc. I finished the calculations and all I needed to do was create a UI. In one of my first tests, I compared my actual flight results with both my shiny new spreadsheet and FSBuild. For that particular flight, FSBuild and my spreadsheet were only off by less than 200 lbs. I promptly scrapped my project and continue to use a combination of FSBuild and TOPCAT (as a fuel sanity check, as well as the remainder of my performance calcs).

here s the datas i found for a kmia klax holding 00:30 2 710altn 200nm 00:37 3 900route 2200 nm 5:03 27 900 303 minresv 10% : 2 790 00:3037 300 lbs + taxi fuel for a ldw of 130 klbs. but this is only Boeing datas ...
It's nit-picky but don't you need 45 minutes reserve in this case? IIRC reserve fuel is 45 minutes or 10% (of trip fuel), whichever is greater. For this flight, 45 minutes would be closer to 4,000 lbs. I usually plan for 45 minutes and see if that number is > 10% and adjust accordingly. Regards, Nathan Harwood

Nathan, you re right about 10% or 45 min but as i dont fly under FAR rules i may made some FAR mystakes ... all the best. phil

FSbuild2 is the best program for calculating fuel estimates although it is payware. It gives you the option to input your exact flight plan including alternate plus SID/STARs, taxi fuel (usually 110kg) and reserve (usually 2400kg). Also takes into account the aircrafts operating EZFW (Empty Zero Fuel Weight). Regards,

Why aren't people using the FMC? It has a built in fuel planner.Plug in winds, altitude, and it gives you the predicted destination fuel.