Sign in to follow this  
lucasfernandes

FUEL PLANNER FOR THE NGX

Nathan, you re right about 10% or 45 min but as i dont fly under FAR rules i may made some FAR mystakes ... all the best. phil
blush.png Like I said, it was awfully nit-picky on my part. Don't ask me to quote any CAR's!
Why aren't people using the FMC? It has a built in fuel planner.Plug in winds, altitude, and it gives you the predicted destination fuel.
On longer flights, I personally like to evaluate different routing and altitude options to minimize fuel burn based on winds aloft. That isn't practical to do in the FMC. Regards, Nathan Harwood

blush.png Like I said, it was awfully nit-picky on my part. Don't ask me to quote any CAR's! On longer flights, I personally like to evaluate different routing and altitude options to minimize fuel burn based on winds aloft. That isn't practical to do in the FMC. Regards, Nathan Harwood
Of course it is, save the routes to the FMC for use at a later date, you will only have to enter them once. Keep a logbook of the company routes you have made for easier selection at a later date.

Cheers, Andy.

TopCAT Worksl ike a charm, it has way to many options to mention and in fact I guess I use about 10% of what it can and offer. Wycliffe